Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Distance test suxs!

SRJ_North East_CT

Reaction score

This was his second run at distance and both runs never got past 2400 feet...

Another turd drone!

Reading some of the comments at the bottom of the video and it looks like some people are pretty much giving up on the EVO but then again you have your die hard's that just keep hanging in. LOL
With what 8 more days till they ship I cannot see the tilt getting fixed. The short distance can be a lot of factors but they should never have dropped the 900mhz antennas IMO.

Reading some of the comments at the bottom of the video and it looks like some people are pretty much giving up on the EVO but then again you have your die hard's that just keep hanging in. LOL
With what 8 more days till they ship I cannot see the tilt getting fixed. The short distance can be a lot of factors but they should never have dropped the 900mhz antennas IMO.
Completely agree. This product launch is textbook........how not to do it.....

Reactions: Downunderpilot
Let's sum up. In their desperate bid to make it so they can sell it to everyone they've gaurenteed it will sell to no one.
As far as I can tell, beyond the 4k camera, it offers none of the promised features. The obstacle avoidance does not work as promised which also means the dynamic tracking cannot deliver. It's not dual band. There is no case. And I the range is 2/7th of the promised. (Ed) Almost forgot, no VR mode either.

That production firmware might just cure cancer and create world peace. It's gotta fix everything else.

This thing went from "mavic killer" to "not quite as good as the parrot."

I'm not even counting the customer service any more because I simply don't see them surviving very long. The FTC should take a few heads and the class action will do the rest. This is nearly as bad as the Kickstarter drone failures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rawdog
Let's sum up. In their desperate bid to make it so they can sell it to everyone they've gaurenteed it will sell to no one.
As far as I can tell, beyond the 4k camera, it offers none of the promised features. The obstacle avoidance does not work as promised which also means the dynamic tracking cannot deliver. It's not dual band. There is no case. And I the range is 2/7th of the promised. (Ed) Almost forgot, no VR mode either.

That production firmware might just cure cancer and create world peace. It's gotta fix everything else.

I'm not even counting the customer service any more because I simply don't see them surviving very long. The FTC should take a few heads and the class action will do the rest. This is nearly as bad as the Kickstarter drone failures.

Hi Bob
I was unaware the obstacle avoidance does not work as promised. Was this posted in a video or some other site?

Reactions: Downunderpilot
In originaldobo's video the drone got confused and stopped in scenario very similar to the conception videos by an obstacle significantly smaller than the shed.
I don't think they ever quantified how it was supposed to work with measured specifications but I'd expect it to handle a shed.

I dunno when I see the OP and another poster on this thread have 30 messages combined and joined in the last 3 weeks, I take their opinions with a light grain of salt.
I give Autel my vote so far in this game and really hope they pull through after all they have a lot at stake here and my opinion for what it counts is nothing in the drone world
is perfect but some truly deserve their best try chance so it is still a we'll see very soon at this point and I agree with Agustine that they should have kept the 900 mz for this hemisphere.

Rant mode over and out.

I assume that shot is at me.

I joined this forum to get 1) information on the Evo because Autel has gone silent since CES 2) because I was really excited about the Evo and 3) while I've been doing RC aircraft off and on since the mid-80's, I'm totally new to camera drones and thought there would be a wealth of knowledge and experience to learn from.

Whether I've been here for 9 minutes or years, I'm capable of making measured and reasoned observations based on what I see in a variety sources. And at this point in my life I can spot a troubled product when I see one.

Let me be clear about this; I want this drone to succeed. It was supposed to be my damn father's day present.

I also doubt it's chances, which leaves me with few options as DJI is out due to their support reputation and their abysmal application on Android.

Most of my original posts are about wanting Autel to communicate. Now they are about the troubling things I see. How long do I have to loiter for those opinions to be valid? Where have I been wrong exactly?

Join the group my friend......I been called a lot worse on here by people who think they know more. Even been told through private messages to get a life and not post anything in the OFF TOPIC section as they were not interested in what I had posted. LOL
Oh boy some people have tunnel vision.
People for some reason get so loyal to a brand that they actually take offense to any opposing brand, as if it they actually have a real vested interest in the brand other than buying their product.

Join the group my friend......I been called a lot worse on here by people who think they know more. Even been told through private messages to get a life and not post anything in the OFF TOPIC section as they were not interested in what I had posted. LOL
People for some reason get so loyal to a brand that they actually take offense to any opposing brand, as if it they actually have a real vested interest in the brand other than buying their product.
Well, LOL, you’re right. I blame you completely for getting me interested in the Anafi! ;) Remaining open-minded is crucial. While Autel’s CS has been nothing short of stellar, it doesn’t mean I must buy an EVO. It’s a very compelling product, and the jury is still out — but I can say the same thing about the Anafi!

Dual band isn't a big deal. Lightbridge was not dual band and no one ever bad mouthed it. WiFi is short range but there's no reason a properitary protocol should have the same limits.

Short range is a potential issue, although interesting to see a second report with 3mi plus. The setup on the first is poor for a range test. He's in flat terrain with trees, that's a recipe for LoS issues.

If the range really does come up short when released that's a major problem. I'm at least willing to give them the benefit of the doubt initially. The 900 MHz went far enough to get FCC approval, so they could've launched it. Launching a good UK restricted product seems like a much better strategy than launching a dud. They must have felt that a single band solution could at least get close.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
If you look at Yuneec USA and Yuneec UK both are WiFi. The difference is the signal strength. The way they have it set up you cannot upload the stronger WiFi from the USA site due to the GPS location which ticks off a lot of UK people but they just end up buying 4Hawks antennas and doubling their distance anyways.

Dual band isn't a big deal. Lightbridge was not dual band and no one ever bad mouthed it. WiFi is short range but there's no reason a properitary protocol should have the same limits.

The biggest sticking point for me is it was promised, people ordered it with that configuration, and now it's not being delivered.

And 900Mhz really will penetrate and bounce better.

As for the 900 Mhz if you watch the video on YT from Kloogee the Autel rep was really going off on how good 900 was and that it was going to make the EVO stand out. So to see them pull it just isn't cool at all.

I dunno when I see the OP and another poster on this thread have 30 messages combined and joined in the last 3 weeks, I take their opinions with a light grain of salt.
I give Autel my vote so far in this game and really hope they pull through after all they have a lot at stake here and my opinion for what it counts is nothing in the drone world
is perfect but some truly deserve their best try chance so it is still a we'll see very soon at this point and I agree with Agustine that they should have kept the 900 mz for this hemisphere.

Rant mode over and out.
Pass the soap box Normex! :)

And now I'm off to look at your off topic posts.

Yeah, I've been active on the internet since Usenet days, which was like the world's worst Chevy vs Ford slap fights. The secret was that everyone fighting drove a Toyota.

The comic reality is that I've been coming here since January but didn't register as a user until recently as I didn't (and still don't) have an Autel drone and considered it impolite to do so until I was reasonable close to getting one.

Well I have an XSP and if the EVO is as good and takes as good a video as mine does it will probably be my next drone. It doesn't have to be much better I like the small low profile size. Everything else will be a bonus. I have trolled all the drone forums i can find and they all have there share of problems. It seems sometimes it is the luck of the draw whether you get a good one or not. I had a 501S Hubsan that was a great drone never a minutes problem if you spend time on the RC forum it was a terrible drone. My XSP was a refurbish one and it is awesome the only thing wrong with it is the old fool behind the controls. I won't give up on the EVO till the horse race is over. Just my personal opinion.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34