Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Distance test suxs!

Waiting has its virtues doncha think ;)

It does, and I'm waiting until it's been field tested, adjusted and the firmware is "perfected". The XSP's I now have get me more distance than I really should be going and have few video issues. I do want the EVO to succeed for Autel and I do have one on my wish list. The noise tests I've seen were pretty impressive to me also. Very quiet compared to all the DJI's I've ever heard. I also agree that Autel should put the 900mHz back into the EVO.

Join the group my friend......I been called a lot worse on here by people who think they know more. Even been told through private messages to get a life and not post anything in the OFF TOPIC section as they were not interested in what I had posted. LOL
Oh boy some people have tunnel vision.
People for some reason get so loyal to a brand that they actually take offense to any opposing brand, as if it they actually have a real vested interest in the brand other than buying their product.

Thanks for the heads up.

Well I have an XSP and if the EVO is as good and takes as good a video as mine does it will probably be my next drone. It doesn't have to be much better I like the small low profile size. Everything else will be a bonus. I have trolled all the drone forums i can find and they all have there share of problems. It seems sometimes it is the luck of the draw whether you get a good one or not. I had a 501S Hubsan that was a great drone never a minutes problem if you spend time on the RC forum it was a terrible drone. My XSP was a refurbish one and it is awesome the only thing wrong with it is the old fool behind the controls. I won't give up on the EVO till the horse race is over. Just my personal opinion.

100% standing in the same place.

Dual band isn't a big deal. Lightbridge was not dual band and no one ever bad mouthed it. WiFi is short range but there's no reason a properitary protocol should have the same limits.

Short range is a potential issue, although interesting to see a second report with 3mi plus. The setup on the first is poor for a range test. He's in flat terrain with trees, that's a recipe for LoS issues.

If the range really does come up short when released that's a major problem. I'm at least willing to give them the benefit of the doubt initially. The 900 MHz went far enough to get FCC approval, so they could've launched it. Launching a good UK restricted product seems like a much better strategy than launching a dud. They must have felt that a single band solution could at least get close.
The P4P v1. is dual band Lightbridge.

Reactions: Rawdog
He posted another video in which he was able to fly the Evo a mile and half out. That and no NFZ restrictions is a win to me. I'm getting one. I have owned a P3P, P4P and Mavic Pro and have had enough of DJI and their constant updates and restrictions.

He posted another video in which he was able to fly the Evo a mile and half out. That and no NFZ restrictions is a win to me. I'm getting one. I have owned a P3P, P4P and Mavic Pro and have had enough of DJI and their constant updates and restrictions.

Looks like 1.5mi without really any hint of drop-out or even weak link indications, so that's consistent with the European test linked earlier.
I'm looking forward to getting mine, already got part 107 certified.

Sometimes I don't get the distance thing. While it's certainly cool to get out 1 - 2 - 3 miles (Gasp!), we're 'supposed' to stay within line-of-sight distances. There's no way anyone can see an EVO at two miles (unless you're Chuck Yeager). I lose sight of my XSP at over a mile (but it's still cool!). I hear it before I see it coming back. ;)

Sometimes I don't get the distance thing. While it's certainly cool to get out 1 - 2 - 3 miles (Gasp!), we're 'supposed' to stay within line-of-sight distances. There's no way anyone can see an EVO at two miles (unless you're Chuck Yeager). I lose sight of my XSP at over a mile (but it's still cool!). I hear it before I see it coming back. ;)

You're completely right. The catch is that in any sort of urban environment, the usable range drops dramatically. What most people care about is can they get that 0.5-1mi distance with rock-solid performance, in a less that ideal environment. Just look at the original video, environment wasn't perfect and he only got 2400ft.

The Mavic Air quotes 4km, but plenty of people start having issues at ~1km because of environmental factors.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan