Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sky Fire Aerial Autel Evo I And II – Controller Enhancement Kit

cpilloton

Reaction score
While waiting for my Smart Controller V2, I decided that I just couldn't live with my iPhone 11 Pro Max & iPad anymore as monitors. The problems with overheating and dim displays just became intolerable. So, after reading some entries in this forum, I ordered a Tripltek 7" tablet. The next problem was to find a mount for the standard EVO controller. Unfortunately, I fell for the hype in the video and reviews on the Sky Fire Aerial site and the natural tendency to associate a higher price with higher quality.

I paid $100 for the Standard mount + $30 for the Tripltek bracket. I received them, assembled them and attached the tablet - so far, so good. The problem immediately became evident when, after tightening the thumbscrew that attaches the bracker on which the tablet mount swivels vertically, the tablet fell completely forward when I tilted the controller slightly away from me. The problem is that the splines that lock the two pieces of the mount are very shallow and don't fully lock the bracket (even when tightened with a pair of pliers) to keep it from rotating forward.

When I contacted the owner of the site about this, he essentially accused me of attacking him and that the problem is my fault because I didn't order the Deluxe kit for $140 (+ the $30 for the Tripltek tablet mount). He cited all the happy users of his bracket (implying that it was all my fault for being cheap). Obviously, that ended the conversation and it's unlikely that I'll ever get my money back from this weirdo.

So I ordered the LifThor Mjolnir EVO Tablet Holder for $81 from Amazon, assembled (easy) and tried it - what a pleasant joy to have a sturdy and secure mount for this tablet!!! Had I not fallen for the hype on Sky Fire Aerial website, I could've had everything I wanted for $50 less!

So my advice, if you're shopping for a Tripltek mount, be very wary of the hype you see online!

Reactions: Andrew01
While waiting for my Smart Controller V2, I decided that I just couldn't live with my iPhone 11 Pro Max & iPad anymore as monitors. The problems with overheating and dim displays just became intolerable. So, after reading some entries in this forum, I ordered a Tripltek 7" tablet. The next problem was to find a mount for the standard EVO controller. Unfortunately, I fell for the hype in the video and reviews on the Sky Fire Aerial site and the natural tendency to associate a higher price with higher quality.

I paid $100 for the Standard mount + $30 for the Tripltek bracket. I received them, assembled them and attached the tablet - so far, so good. The problem immediately became evident when, after tightening the thumbscrew that attaches the bracker on which the tablet mount swivels vertically, the tablet fell completely forward when I tilted the controller slightly away from me. The problem is that the splines that lock the two pieces of the mount are very shallow and don't fully lock the bracket (even when tightened with a pair of pliers) to keep it from rotating forward.

When I contacted the owner of the site about this, he essentially accused me of attacking him and that the problem is my fault because I didn't order the Deluxe kit for $140 (+ the $30 for the Tripltek tablet mount). He cited all the happy users of his bracket (implying that it was all my fault for being cheap). Obviously, that ended the conversation and it's unlikely that I'll ever get my money back from this weirdo.

So I ordered the LifThor Mjolnir EVO Tablet Holder for $81 from Amazon, assembled (easy) and tried it - what a pleasant joy to have a sturdy and secure mount for this tablet!!! Had I not fallen for the hype on Sky Fire Aerial website, I could've had everything I wanted for $50 less!

So my advice, if you're shopping for a Tripltek mount, be very wary of the hype you see online!
the tripltek and sky fire work fine for me. I haven't fallen for any hype but then again, I'm not easily fooled.

deluxe kit and the mount suggested
I have no issue with the Tripltek mount - just spending $170 for a bracket which performs the same as an $80 one. If it only works with the
Deluxe, then why sell the other versions? I'm glad you're happy with it, but you spent $70 too much!

I have the Sky Fire Deluxe rig and I use a 10.1" Samsung Tab A; I'm happy with Sky Fire but not the tablet. The tablet is fine as a regular tablet, but the screen is not bright enough to see well outdoors. I'll be getting a Tripltek soon but I may go with LiftThor for one reason. The Sky Fire is not quick nor easy to get off the controller and the controller is now a huge mess that won't fit easily into any container I can find; it holds the tablet fine, it does it's job, but it's ungainly for me. I think I'll try the LiftThor but I would appreciate any feedback from other users who have similar challenges.

I have the Sky Fire Deluxe rig and I use a 10.1" Samsung Tab A; I'm happy with Sky Fire but not the tablet. The tablet is fine as a regular tablet, but the screen is not bright enough to see well outdoors. I'll be getting a Tripltek soon but I may go with LiftThor for one reason. The Sky Fire is not quick nor easy to get off the controller and the controller is now a huge mess that won't fit easily into any container I can find; it holds the tablet fine, it does it's job, but it's ungainly for me. I think I'll try the LiftThor but I would appreciate any feedback from other users who have similar challenges.
I pack my Lifthor in a pelican case right next to my e2. I don't care for the cheesy plastic tablet holder, I know it will strip or break one day. That being said, the ball mount is a standard size and there are "better" (read aluminum) tablet holders that can be attached. I run a galaxy pro 10.5 with a sunshade without issue. I don't nor javen't had any issues with it flopping around.

I pack my Lifthor in a pelican case right next to my e2. I don't care for the cheesy plastic tablet holder, I know it will strip or break one day. That being said, the ball mount is a standard size and there are "better" (read aluminum) tablet holders that can be attached. I run a galaxy pro 10.5 with a sunshade without issue. I don't nor javen't had any issues with it flopping around.
I have also debated adding a shim between the remote holder and ball, so that I can add another inch or so of outboard travel. My tab mostly covers the remote display.

The sky fire is much easier to take apart than the lifthor. Two thumbscrews and it's on/off pretty quick where the lifthor requires Allen head tools and takes about 3 minutes to get on/off, the sky fire joint stays tight too with no tools unlike the ball mount on the lifthor which is kinda hard to get tight with a heavy monitor on it.

The sky fire is much easier to take apart than the lifthor. Two thumbscrews and it's on/off pretty quick where the lifthor requires Allen head tools and takes about 3 minutes to get on/off, the sky fire joint stays tight too with no tools unlike the ball mount on the lifthor which is kinda hard to get tight with a heavy monitor on it.
Maybe I'll ask... why are you taking the allen screws out of the Lifthor? I'm curious why you need to break it down that far.

Maybe I'll ask... why are you taking the allen screws out of the Lifthor? I'm curious why you need to break it down that far.
I don't, I leave my mount on my controller generally. I was responding to Gary who says he does.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials