Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Beta FW?

Several people have reported getting this message with the same result as you - thedownload link is broken. Apparently AR has been testing their download link messaging system in preparation of the upcoming new firmware release. The message you received was in error.

Beta released last night, I saw comments the Facebook page that it looks very very promising. ESPECIALLY IMPROVED YAW! :D
SOME slight bugs were posted (camera/video buttons on controller stopped, MPH was not showing on RC, FW may need to be installed a few times before 100% successful, it takes about 10-15 minutes, each battery needs update as well )

Link: Firmware Beta Program | Autel Robotics (KEEP IN MIND, this is BETA)
(Updating XSP)
(Updating Batteries)

User tests -

Reactions: Squirrel!
Before yesterday I was having endless problems with my bird I would keep getting the Magnetic Interference message so I was doing the compass dance over and over.
I was also losing signal mid air so it kept landing automatically, I was not confident flying beyond the field and did very little flying with it.
I have now loaded the firmware upgrade and have been flying with no problems and it is sooo much better.
I have now got 4 hours of flight time with the new firmware and have really put it through it's paces and flight distance, I can say it is amazing I am now a lot more
confident with it and fly it at every opportunity it is a delight to fly.
If you have a Xstar I recommend the upgrade.

Beta released last night, I saw comments the Facebook page that it looks very very promising. ESPECIALLY IMPROVED YAW! :D
SOME slight bugs were posted (camera/video buttons on controller stopped, MPH was not showing on RC, FW may need to be installed a few times before 100% successful, it takes about 10-15 minutes, each battery needs update as well )

Link: Firmware Beta Program | Autel Robotics (KEEP IN MIND, this is BETA)
(Updating XSP)
(Updating Batteries)

User tests -

I'm running version 1.28 can I upgrade from that with no problems?

I'm running version 1.28 can I upgrade from that with no problems?
Shouldn't be a problem, I've seen a few on Facebook that have upgraded from 1.28. It does looks like once you upgrade that's it, you cannot downgrade.
I haven't pulled the trigger on this Beta FW yet. I've seen a lot of positives, but also a few bugs as expected. The harder landings on AutoLand mode especially. Few are mentioning about the XSP reading "you are in a No Fly Zone" and can't take off...yet they are no where near a No Fly Zone. Sounds like a some kind of false reading on the Google Map perhaps.(No idea) It's a slight concern, I'm just outside the range of Northeast Philadelphia airport by a mile or 2 - yet any planes that come from there are well above 1000ft by the time they reach my home.

Hi AC Junior, I have just upgraded to the new Beta Firmware and I am very pleased with the results and would like to answer some of your concerns but first some notes.
I am also on Facebook the Autel Robotics category and must say that I find the people here a lot more sensible and I find a lot of them on Facebook very radical with
little skill.
The upgrade to Beta is very worthwhile and improvements are fantastic. I have investigated a lot of the supposed bugs they talk about on Facebook and found them to be
their lack of skill but immediately blame the tools or in this case Firmware. Since I installed the Beta Firmware I have got 6 hours of solid flight time testing the new
firmware and have put it through it's paces and has come through with flying colors. I have not found any bugs or defects with the firmware (please note I have no
connection with Autel Robotics) and found the flying characteristics similar to the Phantom 3 Professional.
There was a lot of talk on Facebook about the drone tipping on landing and after my investigation I found it to be purely lack of flying and landing skill one person
posted a video where it tipped but it was still travelling Horizontally and did not stop it first.
I have tested both the Auto landing and my manual landing and have never tipped it ( I have been operating drones of varies brands size and types professionally in all
sorts of conditions with over 1,200 flight hours logged and have never tipped one yet).
Regarding the no Fly Zone message on screen I have had it a couple of times when I am no where near a airport and dismiss it and click ok and move on and fly.
My friendly advice to you is evaluate for yourself and do not necessarily accept comments from others as I find they are quick to blame the Beta Firmware.
My message to Autel Robotics you have done a great job with this Firmware some minor tweaks will be needed which you are aware of but that's normal.
regards, John

Hi AC Junior, I have just upgraded to the new Beta Firmware and I am very pleased with the results and would like to answer some of your concerns but first some notes.
I am also on Facebook the Autel Robotics category and must say that I find the people here a lot more sensible and I find a lot of them on Facebook very radical with
little skill.
The upgrade to Beta is very worthwhile and improvements are fantastic. I have investigated a lot of the supposed bugs they talk about on Facebook and found them to be
their lack of skill but immediately blame the tools or in this case Firmware. Since I installed the Beta Firmware I have got 6 hours of solid flight time testing the new
firmware and have put it through it's paces and has come through with flying colors. I have not found any bugs or defects with the firmware (please note I have no
connection with Autel Robotics) and found the flying characteristics similar to the Phantom 3 Professional.
There was a lot of talk on Facebook about the drone tipping on landing and after my investigation I found it to be purely lack of flying and landing skill one person
posted a video where it tipped but it was still travelling Horizontally and did not stop it first.
I have tested both the Auto landing and my manual landing and have never tipped it ( I have been operating drones of varies brands size and types professionally in all
sorts of conditions with over 1,200 flight hours logged and have never tipped one yet).
Regarding the no Fly Zone message on screen I have had it a couple of times when I am no where near a airport and dismiss it and click ok and move on and fly.
My friendly advice to you is evaluate for yourself and do not necessarily accept comments from others as I find they are quick to blame the Beta Firmware.
My message to Autel Robotics you have done a great job with this Firmware some minor tweaks will be needed which you are aware of but that's normal.
regards, John
As a beta tester...... I always carry a small notebook with me and jot down the situation and the issue when it happens.
I'm an oldie so it needs to be done quickly or I forget all the details

I loaded the beta yesterday and have been very please w
little skill.
regards, John

John,
I loaded the beta firmware on Monday and like you have been very happy with the improvements (I retired the 1st time from a technology company and this is far superior to some beta firmware I have seen). I am a bit disappointed by the constant freq announcement that you are in a restricted fly zone and have even seen you are in a no fly and can not take off when all my testing is done in the same place - sure they will get it worked out in the release. Thanks for sharing

Hi, I find your comment interesting about the no fly zone. I have had the warning about twice and each time while
in flight (no where near an airport) and the first time it happened I was concerned as I thought it might land however I just pushed the OK button and kept flying no problems. Maybe when it's on the ground it will stop either way
Autel Robotics will need to fix this.
regards, John

The issue about the restricted fly zone is about to be sorted. 1 to 2 weeks as we were told by AR direct. Its no big deal and it does NOT stop you from reaching your legal height limit as I have confirmed this over my last 4 flights

Reactions: Squirrel!
As a beta tester...... I always carry a small notebook with me and jot down the situation and the issue when it happens.
I'm an oldie so it needs to be done quickly or I forget all the details
Ditto. I have a small pocket notebook and mechanical pencil in my flight case. I like to record the dates and times I fly and the flights purpose. Good advise for sure! (Old school here too. :cool:)

Reactions: ACJunior
little skill.
regards, John

Thanks John for your great review on this! Yes, I do tend to trust the forums here compared to Facebook.
Few on Facebook seem honest and give decent reviews on performance. I have seen many other reviews that I just can't trust. Of course you have a ton of "trolls" also that always just annoy me :mad:

I have yet to try the Beta..right now my bird is ok, sure...it can be better. With the release of the updated Beta with the NFZ, take off and landing improvements...I think I will finally try it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials