Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best VR goggles for EVO II

Dan89

Reaction score
Hi to all! I've seen some posts, but...

Mates, what would you recommend for EVO II?

What works better? Maybe there are some options without the need to connect wires?

Hi @Dan89, they are not any options that would not require you to connect a cable. Most commonly, for users that wish to use goggles they are purchasing goggles/glasses that connect via HDMI and then hook them up to Live Deck.

Reactions: Dan89
Hi @Dan89, they are not any options that would not require you to connect a cable. Most commonly, for users that wish to use goggles they are purchasing goggles/glasses that connect via HDMI and then hook them up to Live Deck.

My gosh, I thought everything is easy. OK, may I connect EVO's controller to this goggles via USB?
  • DJI Goggles Standard Edition
  • DJI Goggles Racing Edition
  • Fat Shark HDO
  • Fat Shark Attitude V4
  • Skyzone FPV Goggles
I'm seeking for something compact to carry.

Unfortunately, like our other fellow flyer was suggesting- there arent any goggles that natively work with the EVO II. So no, you can't just hook the controller usb up to a pair of VR headset

I purchased a set of Google Daydream VR goggles. I tried once (for a while) to try align the left and right eyes on the explorer app, unsuccessfully.
That being said, when I finally do get them aligned, I it will be awesome! It was pretty cool do have a FPV of where I was flying, but the double vision got old fast lol.

Reactions: advexure
Hi to all! I've seen some posts, but...

Mates, what would you recommend for EVO II?

What works better? Maybe there are some options without the need to connect wires?
Haven't tried them yet, but I got some Vr glasses in the bundle I purchased from Amazon. You download the app and slide your mobile phone inside the glasses and vowla

I was able to use a cheap pair of VR Goggles (VT One PLus) by simply connecting with the charge cord used to charge the controller. I am flying Evo l

Reactions: House Forasken
I was able to use a cheap pair of VR Goggles (VT One PLus) by simply connecting with the charge cord used to charge the controller. I am flying Evo l

What phone are you using?

I ask because I have the Note 8 with the Google Daydream, but even at the closest setting (on the VR settings) the images are still too far apart to view the FPV as one image. I am wondering if a smaller phone might work better?

I ask because I have the Note 8 with the Google Daydream, but even at the closest setting (on the VR settings) the images are still too far apart to view the FPV as one image. I am wondering if a smaller phone might work better?
I think your question regarding mobile phone was directed at me HF. I'm using an Oppo CPH1719

Samsung 6 Android

Reactions: House Forasken
can i use this fpv with autel evo 2

Recently I purchased these goggles. The view is absolutely incredible!! You don't have to use the VR function, just open the app, stick your phone in and off you go. It's really like a movie theater view on your face!!!
So much easier than the Daydream goggles which use the VR function and showed pixilation.

Attachments

• 20210519_181313.jpg
    20210519_181313.jpg
    872.5 KB · Views: 31
Recently I purchased these goggles. The view is absolutely incredible!! You don't have to use the VR function, just open the app, stick your phone in and off you go. It's really like a movie theater view on your face!!!
So much easier than the Daydream goggles which use the VR function and showed pixilation.
Thanks for sharing , I am currently looking for a head set that uses my iPhone 11 Pro Max Screen as the main view. I’ve had enough trying to view the Autel app on my iPad or iPhone with the sun beating down on me and the image being almost unviewable.

I tried to search for the above movie max but I can’t find it, if you can remember where you bought this from and let me know that would be great?

also if anyone in this team have found something similar please share. When I go in Amazon there are hundreds of vr goggles but from what I have heard these cannot work without a VR app. What I need is just some goggles that I slide my iphone into and view the 2D non VR videos with.

These look interesting as an entertainment headset, but cumbersome and unsafe as FPV goggles (no ability to manipulate the flight app w/o taking the goggles off and unzipping the phone compartment, etc.).

Thanks for sharing , I am currently looking for a head set that uses my iPhone 11 Pro Max Screen as the main view. I’ve had enough trying to view the Autel app on my iPad or iPhone with the sun beating down on me and the image being almost unviewable.

I tried to search for the above movie max but I can’t find it, if you can remember where you bought this from and let me know that would be great?

also if anyone in this team have found something similar please share. When I go in Amazon there are hundreds of vr goggles but from what I have heard these cannot work without a VR app. What I need is just some goggles that I slide my iphone into and view the 2D non VR videos with.
These will do exactly what you want! Just plug your phone into the controller, open up the explorer app, pop the phone in the movie mask and fly.
Don't forget you can use the scroll wheel on the controller to change some video and photo settings while you fly. I've never used the scroll wheel until I started using these googles, lol.

I purchased mine off Ebay (they were the last pair about a month ago) My friend purchased his from MovieMask - Your Portable Cinema . They arrived in about 2 weeks. They offer another version with some type of augmented reality thingy.

I fly using my Note 8 (not sure the size comparison to your 11 Pro Max) but there's plenty of room in the mask. If you want photos, let me know.

The view is absolutely incredible, no pixilation or screen door affect! I'll be bringing these googles on every trip I take because it really is like a movie screen on your face lol!

Reactions: steve2497
These look interesting as an entertainment headset, but cumbersome and unsafe as FPV goggles (no ability to manipulate the flight app w/o taking the goggles off and unzipping the phone compartment, etc.).
We can use the scroll wheel and "disp" button on the controller to access and change settings while in flight without the need to touch the phone. I believe there are some things which cannot be adjusted using that method such as changing from standard speed to ludicrous, but if you set up your phone before you fly, it shouldn't be a big deal.
If you wanted to change the flight mode from manual to anything else, you are correct, the phone needs to come out of the goggles.
Personally I use it to help me see my subject matter better. I can align photos more accurately and track and see subjects for video much much better.

The goggles are also amazing as an entertainment headset!

Reactions: SARty
We can use the scroll wheel and "disp" button on the controller to access and change settings while in flight without the need to touch the phone. I believe there are some things which cannot be adjusted using that method such as changing from standard speed to ludicrous, but if you set up your phone before you fly, it shouldn't be a big deal.
If you wanted to change the flight mode from manual to anything else, you are correct, the phone needs to come out of the goggles.
Personally I use it to help me see my subject matter better. I can align photos more accurately and track and see subjects for video much much better.

The goggles are also amazing as an entertainment headset!
Thanks. I appreciate hearing the positive feedback. I am interested in these as an entertainment headset.

I love flying with goggles too. I fly for Public Safety (SAR) and they're a must for that application.

For me, there are far too many settings and potential issues to not have instant app access - but I get that everyone has different needs.

Have you had the chance to compare your goggles to DJI's (non FPV models)?

Cool. I didn't know this was available.

Hi there, I have view optic had with aN HDMI PORT. Can you give a newbie some advise on how to get them to work. They definitely don’t seem to be plug and play

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo