Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Repairs - seriously their major flaw

Yeah, their policy cost me about $130 last time (including shipping) to repair a $6 part, and this exact same issue will likely cost me another $130. This, entirely on it's own, has taken me from someone who was very happy with their Autel Evo II and converted me into someone who will tell everyone I come across to steer clear. With so many others reporting similar experiences, it's clear that the company doesn't actually care about the end users, and is just protecting this as a money-grab income stream.
I agree. My first evo 2 pro crashed on its own. It just spiralled out of the sky. This was within the 1st month and under warranty. Autel wanted all sorts of info and the log, pics, etc. The crash destroyed the drone, and I was picking up all kinds of pieces from the road, including pieces that were probably not from the drone. They assumed these extra pieces were attached to the drone and refused a replacement. They look for any excuse not to replace or refund drones. I had a similar issue with a second evo 2. They pulled the same B.S. story. I like Autels's drones more than DJI so, I purchased a third. This time, from a local retailer with a 45 day guarantee. This one did not fail. I have had it for a year now. Then I got another just a few weeks ago. It crashed on it's own. But because I bought it from a retailer, they replaced it, no questions asked. The replacement, flies much better than the first one I bought from the retailer. I can certainly tell a difference.. I'm sure there was something wrong with the first one. It lifted off and decided to do a fly away. It crashed. The second one, is working flawlessly. So, this is what I learned. Always by locally from a reputable retailer. Make sure there is a 30 to 45 day guarantee. Fly the drone for these first 30-45 days as much as possible, to make sure there are no defects. Because, once your 30-45 days are up, you will have a most difficult time trying to get any help from Autel.

Reactions: rp6 and gamayun
Hi
I just broken I ribbon inside the controller when I was upgrading to 4hawks look below.
I cannot find anywhere to buy a replacement and All what Autel said that we don't sell spare parts for the Evo 2 controller . Looks like I've got to send it to a repair centre :(

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20210416-214056.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20210416-214056.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Hi
I just broken I ribbon inside the controller when I was upgrading to 4hawks look below.
I cannot find anywhere to buy a replacement and All what Autel said that we don't sell spare parts for the Evo 2 controller . Looks like I've got to send it to a repair centre :(
Yep, basically *all* repairs have to go through their repair center. No matter how insignificant. This basically means you have to pay about $60+ for shipping each time, and they get to charge you an 'hourly service charge' (which they decide how long it takes) unless they deem it was faulty equipment and they do it under their warranty (completely their decision). Sorry, good luck! At least the 'time waiting in line for your drone to be looked at' seems to be getting shorter.

Hi
Is that cable autel-specific? If not, you may be able to figure out how many pins and get replacement from amazon, ebay etc

I've been looking everywhere and its very hard to pin point this flex cable.
I have spoken to lots of drone repairs companies and they say Autel don't release the parts. Its the cable which operate the record button and button B.
I have spoken to Autel and the repair centre will not sell me this Flex cable .
Absolutely shocking and thinking of ditching and keep with my FPV. At least I can repair themselves

Hi
Funny, I have an extra controller because I bought both an EVO 2 6k and the 8K. I could scrap one controller for parts to sell, but I think I may need it as a back up, in case I end up doing something like you did. I replaced one of my controllers antenna system with the power amplified Alientech Antenna. Luckily I didn't break anything. I use it to fly both the drones. I bought both from Best Buy. They gave me a 45 day return policy. I was lucky, The 6K drone had a manufacturing flaw. 2 weeeks after buying it, during take off, it went up, then flew sideways all by itself and hit a tree, then landed in a creek. I got a full replacement from best buy. If I bought it from Autel directly, I guarantee, they would have found a reason not to replace the faulty drone. Autel has a 100% no replacement guarantee. Didn't you know? LOL. Just joking.

I wish I'd have known Autel doesn't sell parts to the consumer. Several weeks ago I barely clipped a branch (read the leaves on a low hanging twig) with the front landing gear and cracked the front motor arm antenna mount. It's literally a 20 minute repair but I can't find the part anywhere and Autel says I will have to send it in. Talk about absurd! Car companies have tried similar tactics over the years and usually end up on the loosing side in court cases.
Before this happened I had planned on buying an EVO ii but now Autel won't get another dime from me!

I wish I'd have known Autel doesn't sell parts to the consumer. Several weeks ago I barely clipped a branch (read the leaves on a low hanging twig) with the front landing gear and cracked the front motor arm antenna mount. It's literally a 20 minute repair but I can't find the part anywhere and Autel says I will have to send it in. Talk about absurd! Car companies have tried similar tactics over the years and usually end up on the loosing side in court cases.
Before this happened I had planned on buying an EVO ii but now Autel won't get another dime from me!
Yeah, that's the issue. Having said that, pretty much all drone companies that aren't "Build your own kits" seem to be pulling this same game. In theory DJI has some parts available for their FPV, but I've talked to the local DJI Store, and their parts are basically on back-order.

Having said all that, my EVO II 6K is still probably my best performing drone for cinematic type shooting. Just wish it had a good way of doing FPV. I've got the DJI Goggles v2, and would like to use them, or would would willing to get a pair of another brand that works with Autel.

this is true but it wasn't an easy fight for the automobile industry; will safety and insurance companies in the mix. slowly but surely the electronics industry will have to fight that same fight and im pretty sure the win won't be as extensive but who knows...with recycling and re-use becoming popular. it took forever for apple and others to accept phones having their battery replaced without voiding warranties and turning off phones, denying service, etc. or accepting "aftermarket" accessories. drones are going to be a "safety" issue so it's going to take I predict at least another decade...or two.

Reactions: JuanPablo
Yeah, that's the issue. Having said that, pretty much all drone companies that aren't "Build your own kits" seem to be pulling this same game. In theory DJI has some parts available for their FPV, but I've talked to the local DJI Store, and their parts are basically on back-order.

Having said all that, my EVO II 6K is still probably my best performing drone for cinematic type shooting. Just wish it had a good way of doing FPV. I've got the DJI Goggles v2, and would like to use them, or would would willing to get a pair of another brand that works with Autel.
I know a couple of people who have had good luck using wired FPV goggles with a wireless adapter. The set up can be a little bulky at first but with a little ingenuity and the right pieces the finished product can be quite nice.

I was lucky enough that they sold me the flex cable but it took them 7 weeks as it was a special requested for me. Cost me in total £11.
Now I have installed the cable I cannot calibrate the sticks . This has turned into a nightmare ?. Any ideas how to fix this problem ???

Im surprised you spent $2000 on an phantom 2 back in the day. Im sure i wasnt spending anywhere near that here in Australia

I was lucky enough that they sold me the flex cable but it took them 7 weeks as it was a special requested for me. Cost me in total £11.
Now I have installed the cable I cannot calibrate the sticks . This has turned into a nightmare ?. Any ideas how to fix this problem ???

With everything off, press and hold the power & take off button on the remote for 3 seconds to enter the calibration mode. Move the joysticks in all 8 directions (you'll see on screen). Once you've done that, turn the left gimbal dial counter clockwise until it beeps, and then turn it clockwise until it beeps. Your remote should now be properly calibrated

I have done that and still no movement or turning green. I have attached a video of my problem

Here's my experience with this organization.
I bought a brand new Live Deck on ebay. Arrived sealed in the box.
Worked great for about 2 months, then the camera functions stopped working when using it on a tablet with USB.
They sent me an RMA number I paid to ship it in for repair.
So today I get an invoice for a firmware upgrade !!!!!
A f@#$ing firmware upgrade!! That was needed as a result of an upgrade somewhere along the way.
I should NEVER have to send anything for any kind of firmware upgrade. Software issues are THEIR issues.
I don't care that it may or may not have been an authorized seller. I assumed it was because they had several autel items for sale. They can tell from the s/n how old the damn thing is, but also, it's a Software issue!!!!!
Really pissed because I like the drone so much, I want to just sell everything that says autel on it.

With everything off, press and hold the power & take off button on the remote for 3 seconds to enter the calibration mode. Move the joysticks in all 8 directions (you'll see on screen). Once you've done that, turn the left gimbal dial counter clockwise until it beeps, and then turn it clockwise until it beeps. Your remote should now be properly calibrated

Worked great for about 2 months, then the camera functions stopped working when using it on a tablet with USB.
A f@#$ing firmware upgrade!! That was needed as a result of an upgrade somewhere along the way.
I should NEVER have to send anything for any kind of firmware upgrade. Software issues are THEIR issues.
I don't care that it may or may not have been an authorized seller. I assumed it was because they had several autel items for sale. They can tell from the s/n how old the damn thing is, but also, it's a Software issue!!!!!
Really pissed because I like the drone so much, I want to just sell everything that says autel on it.
Bobstaff I feel the exact same way. I was planning on buying an EVO II but after my experience with the company...NO WAY.

I finally got the Live Deck back....AND I had to pay duty and brokerage fees on top of everything else!

Can't get through Customers service phone line nor understand their phone recording !

Greetings, its a shame we the Autel EVO2 Pro 6K customers can't rely on any help from Autel after you got payed for the Drone.

We know your service is absolutely useless but still can't call DJI when we have two Autel EVO2 Pro 6K.
The drone MiniSD card slot lid started coming apart weeks back, I did not bother to call knowing I'll hit a Stone Wall.

Today suddenly as I powered up the Drone on its own started circling and going up on its own and the message came up Battery Damaged,
replace it !

These batteries were suppose to last 40 minutes and only give 32 minutes and the moment the battery goes down by 30% it calls for RTH.
That's outright cheating and you owe us additional battery for each EVO 2 Pro Drone plus this one Pre-mature battery failure.
I will be expecting
Three batteries in the mail, if you have any decency and want to hold-on to your reputation ! !

**--** One thing I will say, your latest Firmware 2.725 is moving forwards in the right direction, slowly but surely !

What happened to the 4 X 6 Q-cards to Pre-program the Drone to take shots automatically, those 4 X 6 pictures can be printed with lamination cheaply. Send one set to each customers as a Gesture of Good Will.

Two Mini SD card plastic lid covers for the EVO 2 Pro 6K Drone, too
Best regards,
Ajay K. Madan
147 Rock Ville Drive
Dover, DE 19904

Attachments

• DSC_6220 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6220 Sm.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 2
Can't get through Customers service phone line nor understand their phone recording !

Greetings, its a shame we the Autel EVO2 Pro 6K customers can't rely on any help from Autel after you got payed for the Drone.

We know your service is absolutely useless but still can't call DJI when we have two Autel EVO2 Pro 6K.
The drone MiniSD card slot lid started coming apart weeks back, I did not bother to call knowing I'll hit a Stone Wall.

Today suddenly as I powered up the Drone on its own started circling and going up on its own and the message came up Battery Damaged,
replace it !

These batteries were suppose to last 40 minutes and only give 32 minutes and the moment the battery goes down by 30% it calls for RTH.
That's outright cheating and you owe us additional battery for each EVO 2 Pro Drone plus this one Pre-mature battery failure.
I will be expecting
Three batteries in the mail, if you have any decency and want to hold-on to your reputation ! !

**--** One thing I will say, your latest Firmware 2.725 is moving forwards in the right direction, slowly but surely !

What happened to the 4 X 6 Q-cards to Pre-program the Drone to take shots automatically, those 4 X 6 pictures can be printed with lamination cheaply. Send one set to each customers as a Gesture of Good Will.

Two Mini SD card plastic lid covers for the EVO 2 Pro 6K Drone, too
Best regards,
Ajay K. Madan
147 Rock Ville Drive
Dover, DE 19904
They don't last 40 minutes in the real world due to cross winds, any movement of the controller, up down left right, moving the camera or whatever else. To get 40 minutes, they put the drone in a wind tunnel. The conditions are beyond perfect, thus, they give us a beyond perfect number.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials