Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel , I've had enough!

davorindd

Reaction score
Autel, I've had enough!

I've had Evo 2 pro V1 now for over 2 years, and to be honest, I see a huge potential with this drone. I like a lot of things about it, but since day 1 there were constant issues with it.
I understand that Autel is still young in drone production, and that there have to be issues that they have to overcome in a learning process to be at DJI's level, but the way they are doing it is far from the right track!

All the issues I had with my Evo 2 pro V1, I've been able to get around with help from Autel Pilots forum, or myself. And all the time spent on the phone or e-mails with Autel technical support was a waste.

But the newest issue, with the smart controller V1 is the last straw.

I bought it a little over a year ago, and it just stopped working. Didn't even use it many times. It was blocking, restarting itself, and now won't even start!

I wrote to US technical support, EU, called them, and for over 2 months now all I keep receiving are apologetic e-mails that they've been monitoring from time to time and will get back to me once they received updates.. 5 zame e-mails in a little over 2 months!

I am so upset with them that I am thinking of smashing the (Mod Removed Language) things to pieces. Both the drone and the controller, and go back to DJI the way god intended.

So before I do that, I am asking, anybody here has the same issue, and if so how to deal with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Autel, I've had enough!

I've had Evo 2 pro V1 now for over 2 years, and to be honest, I see a huge potential with this drone. I like a lot of things about it, but since day 1 there were constant issues with it.
I understand that Autel is still young in drone production, and that there have to be issues that they have to overcome in a learning process to be at DJI's level, but the way they are doing it is far from the right track!

All the issues I had with my Evo 2 pro V1, I've been able to get around with help from Autel Pilots forum, or myself. And all the time spent on the phone or e-mails with Autel technical support was a waste.

I bought it a little over a year ago, and it just stopped working. Didn't even use it many times. It was blocking, restarting itself, and now won't even start!

I wrote to US technical support, EU, called them, and for over 2 months now all I keep receiving are apologetic e-mails that they've been monitoring from time to time and will get back to me once they received updates.. 5 zame e-mails in a little over 2 months!

I am so upset with them that I am thinking of smashing the (Mod Removed Language) things to pieces. Both the drone and the controller, and go back to DJI the way god intended.

So before I do that, I am asking, anybody here has the same issue, and if so how to deal with it?

I have an EVO II 6K V1 as well and I dealt with the issues very simply; never updated the firmware, did not buy the smart controller, and learned to deal with the other many shortcomings of this drone. Haven't had a problem in the almost 2yrs now that I've owned the drone that I couldn't overcome.

Unfortunately: unless someone knows different: there is no way to roll-back Autel firmware to the last good configuration. No way to reset to factory default either. I've tried finding a way and failed miserably. So advising people not to update AFTER they have been cajoled into updating by the nag-screen is a bit redundant and not at all helpful. DJI removed the option to do this with their drones as well, which really pissed me off. With my Mav. 2 I had the good sense to refuse the update after version *.*.0770 and applied the DroneHacks option. Currently: my DJI bird is now completely isolated from any network connection and flies reliably.

Autel drone? I'm stuffed. So many features still missing and the promise of them turning up like Santa Claus at some indeterminate Future Date in a firmware goodie-bag keeps me thinking that the next firmware upgrade will provide what was promised... how many other people hit the 'continue with download' button in the same hope? Too many.

I wish I could offer positive advice: but I'm in exactly the same boat as you, and a hell of a lot of other people. All I can offer is my sympathy and understanding.

I'm beginning to wish I'd sucked-up the righteous indignation with DJI and bought the Mini 3 Pro instead.

Do you think the lack of help/replacement etc comes from the fact that Autel has to completely change gears mid-production due to a world wide chip shortage? Hence why the V1 and V2 are not compatible.

Do you think the lack of help/replacement etc comes from the fact that Autel has to completely change gears mid-production due to a world wide chip shortage? Hence why the V1 and V2 are not compatible.
I think that the chip shortage was a genuine problem, but that really doesn't explain why more or less every bird in the Autel aviary has serious problems - that boils down to (Mod Removed Language) firmware coding that creates artifacts (fix one problem: inadvertently cause another one further down the line). Autel doesn't seem to really give a tin (Mod Removed Language) about providing customers with top drawer products. Funny that, when they're charging top-drawer prices. Pitch your products on a par with the DJI equivalent and consumers will expect that your product is at least as good... reliable... well supported...

It doesn't matter if you change the chipset really - all that means is that the first release won't be compatible with the second release - the chip will still perform the same functions: that's what it was designed to do. Change the chipset and the new chipset has to be equivalently coded to match the previous iteration. If you've got dodgy coding to begin with... you're stuffed.

On top of that: the chipset has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of customer support.

What I'd really like to know is exactly what happened between the EVO 2 (v.1) and the EVO 2 (v.2). Fair enough: there were a percentage of v.1 products that customers reported as being faulty, but the percentage of complaints leapt after the v.2... the same with the Lites and the Nanos, which, I would imagine, use exactly the same main board components.

Autel, I've had enough!

Autel at the moment with their lack of support is pretty much a non option to me and a joke unfortunately until they truly step up their entire game. Shoot their Sky App still hasn’t been properly updated at all yet. I don’t even consider Autel an option anymore it stinks because I love flying them too. I only own a Lite+ at the moment and at one point owned an Evo 2 Pro, Evo 2 Pro Enterprise and Nano+ plus the Lite+. I can’t deal with bad customer support it’s my breaking point.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I've have my 6k Mk2 for sometime and never had an issue.
Absolutely love the NO NFZ part of it as well.
Hope you have better luck.

My 6k v1 has never flown straight no matter what I try. It’s a slug with a great camera but that’s it. Before they allowed geofencing it was my go to but I’m back to DJI.

Autel, I've had enough!

i have a nano plus… over a year now still no tracking… will NEVER buy a autel product ever again… including their vehicle products… it’s a dysfunctional company…period!!!
i have a nano plus… over a year now still no tracking… will NEVER buy a autel product ever again… including their vehicle products… it’s a dysfunctional company…period!!!

I must have gotten lucky with the sample I purchased. I have an EP2 v1. Totally rock-solid. I have executed all of the firmware updates. But the volume of complaints makes me wonder what I will do if and when I have to replace it.

Is it not possible to connect a EVO II Pro 6K V1 to a PC and backup the current configuration (assuming you have a functional firmware version that works for you)?

My 6k v1 has never flown straight no matter what I try. It’s a slug with a great camera but that’s it. Before they allowed geofencing it was my go to but I’m back to DJI.
Hi Isky,
There is no geofencing on Autel products, there is a pop up to remind you of your obligations if you are in a restricted air space. From what I have read and listened to they are not going to introduce it, if they can help it. Our business fly many roof inspection jobs in and around airports and have never had a problem, we get CASA approvals as we are licensed in Australia where we are set up. But never had a problem with any of the Autel's that we use. Johnno Hennessy Australia.

Reactions: Doc52
Autel, I've had enough!

Always a matter of personal choice, but drawing on my own experiences; hang in there!

I have had a great run with the EVO II 6k from day 1. Like many others, I was (eventually) able to obtain a v1 RC about a year ago, which operationally has not given any problems at all, across more than 30 logged hours of flying since acquiring this device. My only gripe related to a single issue problem with charging the RC battery. Working through the problem though, one step at a time, soon resolved it, and the battery has been re-charging just fine since.

Between the Autel, Yuneec and DJI aircraft I use for various personal and professional purposes, I can suggest that switching exclusively to a different brand might not necessarily provide you with the utopia anticipated.

Flying, by the book, I have accumulated more than 4000 minutes of actual flight time, with many, many more minutes completing pre-flight safety checks etc. No equipment has been damaged, and no aircraft crashed, but equally there has been more than a view occasions when a planned, logged, flight has been abandoned just before take off because I wasn't happy with some issue or other.

For what it's worth, don't rely on 'Customer Service' (DJI in my experience would be one of the better ones). But if you have to, and you're not getting an active response within the time frame you have suggested, get your problem, and lack of action, escalated. Even rattle a few cages by going to a local TV channels' consumer program. That almost always gets the attention of someone further up the salary scale. Apologies and platitudes will no doubt be spewing forth in front of the TV cameras, but it should also help get you a result.

While I certainly don't profess to know US consumer law, if the v1 RC has stopped working in the time frame you are suggesting, it is arguable that your particular device may not be fit for purpose, and should be replaced; if it has irreparably failed. In some such cases, manufacturer and consumer product guarantees can be overridden, by law, even if the failure event occurred outside a stated guarantee period.

This forum will allow you to vent your spleen, but is unlikely to quickly resolve your problem. Do a bit of "table thumping" (politely) where the noise is going to get the best attention!

Happy and safe flying ;):cool:

Edited: 09OCT2022

Last edited:
I have an EVO II 6K V1 as well and I dealt with the issues very simply; never updated the firmware, did not buy the smart controller, and learned to deal with the other many shortcomings of this drone. Haven't had a problem in the almost 2yrs now that I've owned the drone that I couldn't overcome.
I'm not going to claim to understand these issue or what the fix may be. I can concur regarding the updating of firmware. I think there was one I did with my Evo 1 very early after obtaining the drone new and never did another one. The Evo 1 has performed flawlessly with the exception of my battery issues. Those battery issues seem to have ceased at least for the time being since tossing three bad batteries. My controller does not have nor did it ever have as much as a hiccup. Charges and functions like day one. I believe there is something to the update angle.

Reactions: herein2021
I have a Autel drone hardly used with 4 batteries that cannot be re-charged. Autel does not support their products so my Drone is useless. Thinking of starting a class action against them for their lack of support. Will not buy another Autel drone - future buyers beware.

Reactions: Squerly and jlanni
I have a Autel drone hardly used with 4 batteries that cannot be re-charged. Autel does not support their products so my Drone is useless. Thinking of starting a class action against them for their lack of support. Will not buy another Autel drone - future buyers beware.
Are there any extra details you can provide?
What model Autel Drone are we hearing about here?
What charger are you using, a single line or the quad?
Have you tested the output?
How long have you owned the Autel and where did you buy it from?
New / Second hand?
You say they do not support their drone, what actions have you taken to get help? Asked the place / person you bought it from?
Obviously our experiences are somewhat different, the EVO Pro 2 V2 I have has been awesome - the statement -
I have a Autel drone hardly used with 4 batteries that cannot be re-charged."
.. is not really enough for people to base their buying choices on.
If there is a way any of us can assist we will.... just let us have some more info please.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials