Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II (No Fly Database Update)

seth1mn

Reaction score
What is your experience with this update? I have not seen any maps or no-fly zones published within my application. Is this the frame work for setting this type of restriction up?

If you're in China, or any other nation that requires manufacturers to provide NFZ capabilities by default, then yes.

If not, you have nothing to worry about :)

Reactions: gschulzuio
If you're in China, or any other nation that requires manufacturers to provide NFZ capabilities by default, then yes.

If not, you have nothing to worry about :)
That is not necessarily true. The Autel NFZ database is worldwide, not just in China. Autel already puts an unremovable dialog box over the FPV, even in fullscreen mode that obstructs your FPV view and composition when in any UAV altitude zone or NFZ in the United States. As soon as the FAA mandates NFZ aircraft restrictions by the manufacturers, Autel can flip the switch at any time, on all existing aircraft, prohibiting flight. That Trojan horse is likely already in place, or, if not, will be included in apparently innocuous NFZ updates or a FW or app update. That's how DJI did it, after converting GEO from optional to mandatory!

After updating to firmware V2.7.25 I am now getting the Airspace Regulation Database Update every time I turn on my controller...which then takes about a minute to upload. Is this normal for each and every flight?

same here i get it not only every time i turn on but it keeps popping up and uploading its very annoying and i loose my phone screen when it happens to. its driving me nuts

same here i get it not only every time i turn on but it keeps popping up and uploading its very annoying and i loose my phone screen when it happens to. its driving me nuts
I saved myself a bunch of headaches and downgraded the firmware.

What is your experience with this update? I have not seen any maps or no-fly zones published within my application. Is this the frame work for setting this type of restriction up?
“No geofence restrictions” has often been a selling point for Autel drones. But now, it looks like the drone manufacturer is upping the ante on airspace safety by introducing a compulsory No-Fly Zone database in the United States. This new geofencing feature comes with the latest firmware update (v2.7.25) for the EVO II drones. Autel EVO II gets compulsory No-Fly Zone geofencing
SEP 15, 2021

Reactions: G_G
Anyone know whats the best drop kit for evo 2 im lookin for drop kit that could be released wit a press of a button

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill