Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Database access password

flyingcarpent9

Reaction score
I have an Evo II Pro V3 with an SE controller. Under "Settings" I am prompted to turn on or leave off the "Database Access Password" option. If I toggle to turn it on I am then prompted to enter a password.

Question 1: What is Database Access?
I can't find anything in the control unit manual that discusses what this is or anywhere else on the Autel Website. As I have been finding out Autel is poor at having detailed information on the functionality of their SE control unit.

Question 2: Do I use the same password as I used to set up the Autel Robotics website? Or do I put in a different one? Or does it not matter what password I use?

Question 3. Is there any reference as to what Database Access is about?

Thank you in advance!

I called Autel Robotics, and this is the response to my questions was:
1. Database Access is the way Autel Robotics can automatically synchronize all your flight log(s) and flight record(s) to their cloud server. By default, this feature is enabled in the Explorer App. If you do not want Autel Robotics to have automatic sync access to your log(s)/flight record(s) then you must establish a password to make the feature password protected. Personally, I don't want Autel Robotics to have my information synchronized with their cloud server unless I give them explicit permission.
I believe all such information goes to mainland China.

2. Autel Robotics did not comment on where information about "Database Access" was in any of their manuals.

3. I followed up with some other questions, but I have not heard back from Autel Robotics. Their response time is terribly slow, if at all.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo