Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II downgrade issues? DH has a solution!

Hi all guys message x who has the evo 1 I tried to dowgrade to a previous version of the firmware practically from 1.5.8 sn passed to 1.5.7 and it went smoothly I had taken a photo of the firmware data 1.5.8 and then I compared them with 1.5.7 and changed the version of the esc of the camera gimbal and of the remote control panel tt the rest unchanged ... during the downgrade phase the drone emitted various beeps and also the battery LEDs flashed cmq and went well i will try to go back again

Well done everyone! It has been a while since I visited this thread. To sum it up. If you try to downgrade using DroneHacks file with the title force_upgrade,
and your drone refuses to flash the firmware, despite you following directions - just change the name of the file from force_upgrade to qiangzi_shengji and try again.

Same exact process as before, but the newer firmware looks for this file title and not the original force_upgrade named file. Unsure? Completely fine to have both files on your SD card along with the firmware you are trying to flash. Remember that there are risks for any firmware flashing on any device. I would still advise not downgrading more than one version at a time.

So I got tired of the latest update from July 2021 and downgraded successfully to the firmware in March 2021, but only after changing the file name that I downloaded from DH to qiangzi_shengji.

Now my question is, will there be any issues keeping the most recent Autel Explorer app?

So I got tired of the latest update from July 2021 and downgraded successfully to the firmware in March 2021, but only after changing the file name that I downloaded from DH to qiangzi_shengji.

Now my question is, will there be any issues keeping the most recent Autel Explorer app?
I downgraded the same way about 4 months ago and haven't had any issues. Every so often there's a prompt on the controller screen to update to the latest firmware, but I just ignore it.

I downgraded the same way about 4 months ago and haven't had any issues. Every so often there's a prompt on the controller screen to update to the latest firmware, but I just ignore it.
Awesome, thanks man.

Oh yah, downgrading to v2.6.22 SIGNIFICANTLY improved my range with the ALIENTECH range booster & the lag from changing camera settings 98% improvement. Note to self, don't be so quick to do firmware updates.

Reactions: PingSpike
For some, an earlier version of firmware may work better than a more recent one. It's always good to have an option to downgrade if this happens to your drone.
I would caution anyone from downgrading more than one previous version at a time, in other words don't skip a version. Maybe nothing will happen, maybe it will.
I don't know how the Autel drones handle firmware flashing....with the DJI drones, you can skip firmware versions, BUT once a module has been upgraded like NFZ, it will stay upgraded. I would hope that when downgrading firmware it would just downgrade all modules to the lower version. This would need to be validated before and after you downgrade to check all the versions. For DJI's firmware, if the firmware downgrade has the same version of firmware for a module, the flashing skips it. Dunno about Autel. There is always risk in flashing firmware if the code is not written well with many checks. DJI's firmware flashing code is basically crap. At DroneHacks, the flashing code for firmware flashing had to be re-written with checks in it to counter the crappy DJI programming. We have not looked at Autel firmware flashing code yet. Not enough interest sadly.
I'm a lot interested.
Please mate, for Autel, find a way to be able to modify the vertical speed parameters, especially that for the descent which the pilot should be able to increase even during the automatic RTH, but it is necessary to have the possibility to increase both values, up and down. Already said.

I'm a lot interested.
Please mate, for Autel, find a way to be able to modify the vertical speed parameters, especially that for the descent which the pilot should be able to increase even during the automatic RTH, but it is necessary to have the possibility to increase both values, up and down. Already said.
I second that. I've already already downloaded the latest DH Autel Explorer app which helped me fly up a steep 5000ft peak and yes I was still within the 400ft AGL for you drone police people. I wish there was more options out there for Autel on DH.

Reactions: Claudio NC
I second that. I've already already downloaded the latest DH Autel Explorer app which helped me fly up a steep 5000ft peak and yes I was still within the 400ft AGL for you drone police people. I wish there was more options out there for Autel on DH.
not familiar with why you would need special software app to fly up steep 5000 ft peak? help as in made it easier?

What's the max altitude of the Evo 2? That's why.
ok i see. if the peak is at 5000 feet and you are standing at 0 feet and the stock max altitude of the evo 2 is less than 5000 feet.....

my thinking is usually you are somewhere around 3000-4000 feet when you try to fly high to get a peek over a 5000 foot peak.

make it easier as in....i thought maybe the hack could allow for quicker climbs with less effort or without additional warnings on the display or something along those lines. don't have a lot of experience with high altitude flying. ;)

make it easier as in....i thought maybe the hack could allow for quicker climbs with less effort or without additional warnings on the display or something along those lines. don't have a lot of experience with high altitude flying. ;)
The max altitude with the Autel Explorer is like 2650ft or something like that. No trails or roads get me any higher than a 1000ft. So with the Drone Hack version the max altitude can be set much higher than stock. So with the Drone Hack version I can make it to the top, of the this peak.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Descending faster has the great advantage of saving battery power, so you can afford to waste less time on a slow descent and spend more time flying in the place where you need to do your task of aerial video and shots.
Simple.
If the aircraft does not shake too much during a rapid descent, if it can remain stable enough, it can be done without risk.
With all my DJI drones I have set the higher possible for this parameters, also for Inspire 2 with 2 batteries on the arms: 10m/s.
Rarely make them descend so quickly, also because they have to return from afar, usually 2-5 km, or more, at a reasonable speed, so on a diagonal ride and I make my manual adaptive descending speed on auto RTH, to stay, if possible, not too high, or too low, above the terrain.
But having this higher speed option is very useful, when you see that is a good solution for some reason.

Climbing faster instead use more energy and usually reduces the flight time.
There is always an optimal range of rotation speed of the motor-propeller group that allows you to make a good use of the battery, and to be able to fly as long as possible. It never stays at the maximum rotation speed.
If you are not in a hurry it's not worth climbing faster than about 4 or 5 m/s.
But if you are in a hurry to reach the location, for any reason, for example, suddenly you see the optimal light conditions at sunset on a mountain.
You can choose to reach it more quickly so as not to lose it, partially or fully, before the sun goes below the horizon or below the clouds, even at the expense of less flight time.
Another example, in few occasions I suddenly chose to make it go up as fast as possible when it was already in the desired point for taking pictures, after noticing that one or more predatory birds were flying not far away, so to avoid a possible strike.
I lost a Phantom 4 Pro three years ago; it was captured and dropped behind a peak by an eagle, or a hawk (I have the video of the live recorded on my tablet).
When I see that the aircraft could be at risk, I briefly observe the sky area, 360°, also above, and if necessary I quickly move it away, making it go up to maximum speed if the battery power is good, or descending if the battery is low and I would risk not being able to land it safe, piloting it back to the Home Point, or even elsewhere.

Descending faster has the great advantage of saving battery power, so you can afford to waste less time on a slow descent and spend more time flying in the place where you need to do your task of aerial video and shots.
Simple.
If the aircraft does not shake too much during a rapid descent, if it can remain stable enough, it can be done without risk.
With all my DJI drones I have set the higher possible for this parameters, also for Inspire 2 with 2 batteries on the arms: 10m/s.
Rarely make them descend so quickly, also because they have to return from afar, usually 2-5 km, or more, at a reasonable speed, so on a diagonal ride and I make my manual adaptive descending speed on auto RTH, to stay, if possible, not too high, or too low, above the terrain.
But having this higher speed option is very useful, when you see that is a good solution for some reason.

Climbing faster instead use more energy and usually reduces the flight time.
There is always an optimal range of rotation speed of the motor-propeller group that allows you to make a good use of the battery, and to be able to fly as long as possible. It never stays at the maximum rotation speed.
If you are not in a hurry it's not worth climbing faster than about 4 or 5 m/s.
But if you are in a hurry to reach the location, for any reason, for example, suddenly you see the optimal light conditions at sunset on a mountain.
You can choose to reach it more quickly so as not to lose it, partially or fully, before the sun goes below the horizon or below the clouds, even at the expense of less flight time.
Another example, in few occasions I suddenly chose to make it go up as fast as possible when it was already in the desired point for taking pictures, after noticing that one or more predatory birds were flying not far away, so to avoid a possible strike.
I lost a Phantom 4 Pro three years ago; it was captured and dropped behind a peak by an eagle, or a hawk (I have the video of the live recorded on my tablet).
When I see that the aircraft could be at risk, I briefly observe the sky area, 360°, also above, and if necessary I quickly move it away, making it go up to maximum speed if the battery power is good, or descending if the battery is low and I would risk not being able to land it safe, piloting it back to the Home Point, or even elsewhere.
Ya, it is the decent and the birds that scare me. So far different color strobe lights seem to keep them away. But ya I get good range even while I slowly ascend, but like you said descending is slow.

Did you ever update again? I just had to do this with my evo ii to stop the airspace update from continually popping up

Have not been on the Forum for quite a while, but have seen many posts about "downgrading" of firmware on the EVO II Pro V1 to 2.3.3.. Was wondering why so many are wanting to do this! Help me understand, Thanks In Advance!!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo