Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

In any of the panorama modes, the drone doesn't re-adjust the exposure for every photo. That's kinda bad.

You do not want it to adjust the exposure like that for a pano. You instead want to manually point the drone at the brightest portion of the pano, properly expose for the highs then create the pano. Sometimes I slightly overexpose the highs to keep from under exposing the lows but the critical thing here is to keep the exact same exposure settings for every image in the pano. If you do not do this then the pano will not stitch together smoothly and you will have an odd splotchy mixture of images that are poorly blended.

I have shot and delivered literally hundreds of panos for commercial customers and always shoot in manual exposure and never adjust the exposure after starting the pano creation process. The goal is to make it look like one big picture taken with a single image even if that means slightly over exposing the highs or under exposing the lows.

Finally! I can say after getting in after flying 3 full batteries and doing testing, it finally seems to work as it should. Only took a little over a year! No drifting. No rotation. Level horizon. No weird 4 mph max speed dampening with no obstacles in sight. The 6k timelapse artifact issue is resolved. Toggles in the application actually stay as desired and I am very happy to have the speed customized to my B button. The stitched panorama needs some work though, but at least it takes the series of photos and I can still stitch them myself and still achieve better results anyways. And….the NFZ database worry seems to be a nonissue as of now. Usually I had a pop up in my area when approaching a local area prior to the update. Today, after the update, no pop up anymore. Interesting.

It sounds like a big improvement for your situation. For me, I think I'll sit this one out. I don't have a single problem right now with my EVO except the settings don't always stick the first few times I press them and I can live with that. There's no feature in the new FW that I can't live without although the A/B button assignment for Ludicrous mode would be nice if the buttons weren't so easy to push. I know its easy to put a donut over them but for now I'm not inclined to do that. Now if they start implementing some of the other stuff on my wishlist that would be a different story.

Has anyone tested custom color profiles yet? If you set custom color profile settings like -2 sharpness -1 contrast do they stick between restarts?

Last edited:
You do not want it to adjust the exposure like that for a pano. You instead want to manually point the drone at the brightest portion of the pano, properly expose for the highs then create the pano. Sometimes I slightly overexpose the highs to keep from under exposing the lows but the critical thing here is to keep the exact same exposure settings for every image in the pano. If you do not do this then the pano will not stitch together smoothly and you will have an odd splotchy mixture of images that are poorly blended.
DJI does adjust exposure for every picture in the pano, and it looks alright. :/

I'm having a helluva time rolling this beta update back and going back to the regular version of Explorer. It's fighting me every step of the way.

Do yourself a favor and forget about this update; beta or otherwise until Autel gets their act together.

I'm having a helluva time rolling this beta update back and going back to the regular version of Explorer. It's fighting me every step of the way.

Do yourself a favor and forget about this update; beta or otherwise until Autel gets their act together.
I've had 0 issues on 2 Evo II pros so far. What issue are you fight?

I've had 0 issues on 2 Evo II pros so far. What issue are you fight?
Serious horizon tilt mostly. I'm also having trouble with the new front sensor staying calibrated.

I finally manage to roll back the app on the tablet by downloading it to my computer then transferring it to the tablet. The tablet would not download the .38 version; only the .19 version. Very strange. I almost missed it.

I did manage to update to the official firmware version on the drone and controller by doing it a couple of times so I'm back to square one.

I like the speed button and pano ability. I might give it another try when the official version comes out after everyone has a chance to try it with good success.

Just for safety I did recalibrate the gimbal, IMU, and compass.

So weird how each bird seems to be it’s own beast. Prior to the beta release, I was at end with my EVO II and had a few pressing issues since owning mind for just over a year. Now, this update brought mine back to life and all of my issues have been nonexistent with all of the testing Inhave done over the past few days and several batteries of flights. I wish you luck sorting everything out.

Reactions: Eagle928
Has anyone tested custom color profiles yet? If you set custom color profile settings like -2 sharpness -1 contrast do they stick between restarts?
Yes. I have my sharpness set to -2. They stay between power cycles. I have never had any issues with the color profiles not sticking when personally set to my preference. On the other hand, I had many issues with the toggles not sticking in the application. I no longer have that issue.

Reactions: herein2021
Yes. I have my sharpness set to -2. They stay between power cycles. I have never had any issues with the color profiles not sticking when personally set to my preference. On the other hand, I had many issues with the toggles not sticking in the application. I no longer have that issue.

That is pretty odd as you say...no two people seem to have the same list of issues. I still think I'll sit this one out. It sounds like you never had the issue with color profile settings not saving between drone restarts so I'm still not convinced this FW version will fix that for me. I do have the problem with the toggles not properly setting though but I've gotten used to just having to press them a few times.

Reactions: Cicero24
So weird how each bird seems to be it’s own beast. Prior to the beta release, I was at end with my EVO II and had a few pressing issues since owning mind for just over a year. Now, this update brought mine back to life and all of my issues have been nonexistent with all of the testing Inhave done over the past few days and several batteries of flights. I wish you luck sorting everything out.
So true. They do seem to have some kind of mind of their own.

I can easily live without a front OA or any OA's for that matter. The irritation now is the warning is right in the way of the farthest left settings for video and photo.

Attachments

• mini-IMG_1690.jpg
    mini-IMG_1690.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 18
The irritation now is the warning is right in the way of the farthest left settings for video and photo.
Yes! I had that issue right out of the box when I first received mine. I fully understand. At that time, they didn’t have the OA calibration tool either, so the first month or so was like that for me too. I’m assuming you attempted to calibrate the OA system?

Yes! I had that issue right out of the box when I first received mine. I fully understand. At that time, they didn’t have the OA calibration tool either, so the first month or so was like that for me too. I’m assuming you attempted to calibrate the OA system?
Yes; many times. I will try again (when I have the time) now that I have the drone back to a stable firmware version.

I must be missing something obvious...where do you set "sharpness"?

Okay, good news, now that the offending beta-ware is out of the system I was again able to calibrate the front sensors. I guess time will tell if this holds but no more updates until I get at least 10 flights in it.

I must be missing something obvious...where do you set "sharpness"?
Scroll through Camera settings under “Style” and you can adjust sharpness, contrast and saturation under “Custom” option. I find -2 takes away some of the over sharpening I feel the normal camera profile has baked in.

Thanks Cicero24...I know where the "styles" are, but didn't realize it was under those. I'll check today. Another reason to experiment...

Reactions: Cicero24
25 june 2021
Beta Firmware
Beta Version and Release Notes

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.7.25 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.57
CameraV0.2.32.32
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
RC Panel3.0.13.0
Image Transmission1.1.1.47
RC Image Transmission1.1.1.47
Gimbal0.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.15.0
Vision Module0.2.32.32
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - Added Panorama intelligent flight– Landscape, Portrait, Wide-angle (with photo stitching capability), and Sphere (w/o photo stitching capability)
  • - Added NTRIP Network RTK support on EVO II RTK series
  • - Added FLIR Boson 640 Radiometric sensor support
  • - Added customizable Home Point option
  • Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized No-Fly zone notifications
  • - Smoother gimbal pitch start and stop adjustment
  • - Increased the gimbal pitch sensitivity to support super slow movement.
  • - Standardized the GPS coordinate system (WGS84)

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.10.11, Android V1.1.7.71(not released yet) or newer.
official link

Hi lukappaseidue. Is a way to have the installation file in APK format? I'm having a lot of problems with the BIN file. Thanks!

Hi lukappaseidue. Is a way to have the installation file in APK format? I'm having a lot of problems with the BIN file. Thanks!

You can download the Beta App in APK form from the download page then transfer it to the android device then load it from there.

The .bin file is to update the firmware on the drone and RC. Best way is to put it on the SD card at the root; not in one of the folders then turn on the RC then the drone. It may take a couple of times to do this. It will erase itself every time so you have to copy it again to the card. Afterward, once you feel confident it's loaded, calibrate the IMU, Gimbal, and Compass (outside).

You can download the Beta App in APK form from the download page then transfer it to the android device then load it from there.

The .bin file is to update the firmware on the drone and RC. Best way is to put it on the SD card at the root; not in one of the folders then turn on the RC then the drone. It may take a couple of times to do this. It will erase itself every time so you have to copy it again to the card. Afterward, once you feel confident it's loaded, calibrate the IMU, Gimbal, and Compass (outside).

Thanks. I made a manual firmware update and it works! I was a little confuse with the apk for the Beta App and the bin for the firmware.

Reactions: Eagle928

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34