Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

I have just received my first Autel, the EVO II Pro 6K, having the firmware package V2.5.0, but with the battery having the V0.0.14.0, instead of the V0.0.12.0, listed here at #1.

A good example of the probably reason of why in the Autel Explorer app they prefer to not show an unique firmware number for the entire package containg all the modules, could be that exist drones in the market having some firmwares variants of the modules.

25 june 2021
Beta Firmware
Beta Version and Release Notes

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.7.25 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.57
CameraV0.2.32.32
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
RC Panel3.0.13.0
Image Transmission1.1.1.47
RC Image Transmission1.1.1.47
Gimbal0.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.15.0
Vision Module0.2.32.32
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - Added Panorama intelligent flight– Landscape, Portrait, Wide-angle (with photo stitching capability), and Sphere (w/o photo stitching capability)
  • - Added NTRIP Network RTK support on EVO II RTK series
  • - Added FLIR Boson 640 Radiometric sensor support
  • - Added customizable Home Point option
  • Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized No-Fly zone notifications
  • - Smoother gimbal pitch start and stop adjustment
  • - Increased the gimbal pitch sensitivity to support super slow movement.
  • - Standardized the GPS coordinate system (WGS84)

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.10.11, Android V1.1.7.71(not released yet) or newer.
official link

Does this give us the ability to make an interactive 360 degree pano with just one click? Like we can with DJI aircraft?
Release Notes say "Landscape" - with stitching and "Sphere" (360x180) - without stitching, so the later one will need some more effort than just one click. Still better than nothing :)

Reactions: PingSpike
  • Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)
Its a shame button A/B are so horribly placed. It would have been better if they offered the option to press both at the same time to enable Ludicrous mode

Reactions: Quad808
Landscape pano is slow to stitch but works. Wide Angle works but a little slow. As a first test of the 2.75 and my SC.

Reactions: Quad808
At least in my case, upgrading the firmware caused the gimbal control to work so slowly that it's unusable...regardless of setting...reverted back...

I emailed Autel tech support about this...

At least in my case, upgrading the firmware caused the gimbal control to work so slowly that it's unusable...regardless of setting...reverted back...

I emailed Autel tech support about this...
I had to go to about 75 on the Gimbal sensitivity. I had initially set it like 30. After that it seemed fine.

I had to go to about 75 on the Gimbal sensitivity. I had initially set it like 30. After that it seemed fine.
I could go from 0 to 100 with very little difference. In fact, at 0..it didn't move at all. At 100, it moves a degree for every 10 seconds or so.

I could go from 0 to 100 with very little difference. In fact, at 0..it didn't move at all. At 100, it moves a degree for every 10 seconds or so.
I'm using the SC since it came in yesterday.

I have never download a Beta version, so I would like to try it, but how I do that ? I need to send an application to Autel to be able to do it (I read it on the Evo 2 group Facebook). How about the Autel Explorer ? I guess I have to download a different version to my IPhone. Well, will appreciate any help ! Thank you and flight safe!

In any of the panorama modes, the drone doesn't re-adjust the exposure for every photo. That's kinda bad.

Anyone having any luck with the A/B button speed control? It's not working for me. Actually neither button does anything regardless of what I program it to do.

I also had a severe horizon tilt issue after the upgrade. Hopefully the Official Version works much better. Fortunately I have one to test and one to keep rock solid. Funny how I usually fly the test bird though. :)

Finally! I can say after getting in after flying 3 full batteries and doing testing, it finally seems to work as it should. Only took a little over a year! No drifting. No rotation. Level horizon. No weird 4 mph max speed dampening with no obstacles in sight. The 6k timelapse artifact issue is resolved. Toggles in the application actually stay as desired and I am very happy to have the speed customized to my B button. The stitched panorama needs some work though, but at least it takes the series of photos and I can still stitch them myself and still achieve better results anyways. And….the NFZ database worry seems to be a nonissue as of now. Usually I had a pop up in my area when approaching a local area prior to the update. Today, after the update, no pop up anymore. Interesting.

Anyone having any luck with the A/B button speed control? It's not working for me. Actually neither button does anything regardless of what I program it to do.

I also had a severe horizon tilt issue after the upgrade. Hopefully the Official Version works much better. Fortunately I have one to test and one to keep rock solid. Funny how I usually fly the test bird though. :)
Did you have tried to flash it again?

Did you have tried to flash it again?
That worked; at least on the bench. Is it normal for the speed control message to be in Chinese during the beta period?

Edit: Test flight went well. Speed control and 90' gimbal move functioned like they should.

I have to say; this is one fantastic update/upgrade for this bird between the Pano pics and the speed and other button options; it's a bit of a game changer.

I know it's easy to hit those A and B buttons (too easy) but you can do a cheap and easy hack to make it not so easy but still doable. Take some callus pads (donuts) and stack them 2 high over the buttons. You can leave it like that or add some tape over the top like I did. Some people might like 1 pad or 3 pads. Personal preference. Not that the pilot can see them while flying but they can be blacked out with a Sharpie or something if preferred.

This works but I do hope someone comes up with a more professional looking solution at some point. I know there's a full kit with mount that includes a button cover but most people already have a Lifthor or other mount or use a phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
The one feature that might get me to update FW is ramping on the gimbal tilt. I've long since slowed it waaaaay down, but it's still comes to an abrupt/clunky/not cinematic stop when it hits an endpoint. Is this noticeably better with the Beta versus FW v2.5.22?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791