Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Feature Requests – Submit Here

I'll just leave these here, in the hopes they make this backwards compatible with the EVO II :D

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.28.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.36.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.43.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.54.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.36.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.36.png
    630.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.43.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.43.png
    480.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.54.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 15.28.54.png
    382.6 KB · Views: 4
that would be a REAL nice addition, i'm NOT looking forward to dealing with a 3rd party box. So far after close to 50 flights, I haven't had a use for a smart device, pics n video after post look better than expected

Have they even finished defining the specs for Remote ID in America yet?
Sort of... but it's still a couple years off from now. My guess is some type of transponder attachment... so now those Mini's breach the weight requirement. Thing is.. I would not expect a ton of enforcement unless you are really doing something stupid.

Some say nahh this is equivalent to simple speeding.. everyone does that!! Well, I'd say some of these drone rule breakers are doing the equivalent of driving a car in reverse on 2 tires in a residential zone... BUT all done remotely..... from an operator that cannot see the vehicle.

Yeah, that will get noticed more than the driver going 5 mph over in a residential zone.

Reactions: PingSpike
Hey guys, I’m a new pilot going commercial soon because of my business. I have the EVO II PRO + The 8K camera bought seperately. My question pertains to the Remote ID inquiry. Is my drone Remote ID equipped? Thanks guys. —Young Pilot.
No. No drones are RID ready to date. RID is a beacon that will be used to locate the PILOT not just the drone...

Not to fly away for no reason. To have the obstacle avoidance actually work when it flies away. To have no blurred areas on the video. Stop those messages which keep popping up when there is nothing wrong and the drone is just sat there warming up. To also have an emergency stop and do nothing when the connection is lost, which is regularly with my drone.

Not to fly away for no reason. To have the obstacle avoidance actually work when it flies away. To have no blurred areas on the video. Stop those messages which keep popping up when there is nothing wrong and the drone is just sat there warming up. To also have an emergency stop and do nothing when the connection is lost, which is regularly with my drone.
Which connection? Drone to Controller? Controller to App? Video transmission?

Many have lost connection to Autel drones, and other drones... There needs to be more specific info when posting because it's hard to help when it isn't. But I'll try

If controller is disconnected you generally will get a RTH (provided the operator left enough battery).. if not, it will do as other do, and emergency land.. OA is OFF to reserve any battery life in order to RTH, or emergency land. This is why they end up in treetops, roofs, or in the water... If they did not safely land.. well.. they would literally fall from the skies which is even worse. Too many people tempt fate on battery life... wind can change as it does here often, and if battery is lower, the drone cannot have the power needed to RTH.. this ends bad for most. I see guys setting battery times to 10 or 15%, and that is just asking for problems.

Controller to App- more times than not, it is a problem with debris build up on the connectors of the mobile device. Lint, dirt, all sorts of debris from these in and out and pockets, plus the environment itself.. humidity, dust etc.. Cleaning the ports regularly with a simple swab and alcohol can help prevent this problem. A Bad cable can also cause Controller to App problems.

Many that were getting "mobile phone disconnected" just had to clean the mobile device ports, or change the cable. When the app is down, or transmission is lost, remove the cable from the device, select the Display option on the rear R side of Controller, and see if the transmission is now on the controller. That tells you if the mobile device/cable is the issue, or the Controller itself has a problem.

Gimbal is Not Ready is a new one on the E2's, but it's just a few seconds after startup. Even though the gimbal stops its motion, internally the roll is resetting. People take off, and any previous settings used on the gimbal were applied. Always ZERO those out before take off, or you get bad horizon tilt based on those settings. The app should have had that setting reset automatically when restarting, but it does NOT. This is WHY that message is given. It is grabbing data from the previous flight set in the app.

Which connection? Drone to Controller? Controller to App? Video transmission?

Many have lost connection to Autel drones, and other drones... There needs to be more specific info when posting because it's hard to help when it isn't. But I'll try

If controller is disconnected you generally will get a RTH (provided the operator left enough battery).. if not, it will do as other do, and emergency land.. OA is OFF to reserve any battery life in order to RTH, or emergency land. This is why they end up in treetops, roofs, or in the water... If they did not safely land.. well.. they would literally fall from the skies which is even worse. Too many people tempt fate on battery life... wind can change as it does here often, and if battery is lower, the drone cannot have the power needed to RTH.. this ends bad for most. I see guys setting battery times to 10 or 15%, and that is just asking for problems.

Controller to App- more times than not, it is a problem with debris build up on the connectors of the mobile device. Lint, dirt, all sorts of debris from these in and out and pockets, plus the environment itself.. humidity, dust etc.. Cleaning the ports regularly with a simple swab and alcohol can help prevent this problem. A Bad cable can also cause Controller to App problems.

Many that were getting "mobile phone disconnected" just had to clean the mobile device ports, or change the cable. When the app is down, or transmission is lost, remove the cable from the device, select the Display option on the rear R side of Controller, and see if the transmission is now on the controller. That tells you if the mobile device/cable is the issue, or the Controller itself has a problem.

Gimbal is Not Ready is a new one on the E2's, but it's just a few seconds after startup. Even though the gimbal stops its motion, internally the roll is resetting. People take off, and any previous settings used on the gimbal were applied. Always ZERO those out before take off, or you get bad horizon tilt based on those settings. The app should have had that setting reset automatically when restarting, but it does NOT. This is WHY that message is given. It is grabbing data from the previous flight set in the app.
Hi. Thanks.

I thought that the drone connection is to the controller. The mobile phone is just to enhance the ability of the controller but havinv a phone without the controller cannot control the drone, right?

So any connection lost is because the controller stops talking to the drone or vice verso, no?

Hi. Thanks.

I thought that the drone connection is to the controller. The mobile phone is just to enhance the ability of the controller but havinv a phone without the controller cannot control the drone, right?

So any connection lost is because the controller stops talking to the drone or vice verso, no?
No, there are various connection possibilities as I mentioned earlier.

Drone to RC will almost always initialize a RTH. Now, some have had their bird out, walked away from the home point, and the drone flew back to the RTH starting point.. hence they think the drone "flew away", and others have used other modes like missions, and did not define the HP, and or moved far from the HP, which is what it will do if you set up that way in the app.

Many times the app loses connection for the reasons previously mentioned... when it does the drone just hovers awaiting stick input.. well, some just randomly fly by pushing sticks, having no sense or orientation, and can lose the drone. Many are flying well beyond VLOS when this happens too. That's not the device's fault... Most of these issues are simple enough to determine, and solve. I think for many less experienced, and even those with a fair amount.. any flyway/ATTI mode, connection issues can trigger Panic mode in the operator. Most drone losses happen this way. Too many lower the battery RTH to 10%, are 1/4 mile or more out flying back upwind, and the drone reaches critical battery, and decides it's safer to land than drop out of the sky like a brick. Others have canceled RTH several times on manual attempts only to have the drone reach critical battery and beyond, and then it goes as far as it can until zero battery, then it falls out of the sky. Seen too many flight records or screen recordings where the operator is on 3% battery... doesn't often end well

So my issue was, I put in a fully charged battery into the drone. The controller was also fully charged. My phone was also fully charged and put in flight mode. I did a full calibration set prior to flight. I turned the drone, controller, and phone on and waited for the drone to do its start-up sequence and retrieve as many satellites as possible. Once an acceptable amount of satellites were retrieved the drone was set to take off. I let it hover for 10 seconds and pushed both sticks forward. The drone flew up and away from me. 28 seconds into the flight the drone veered to the left and started flying sideways and then veered to the left. The drone did not respond to input so I stopped attempting input. At this point, I pressed return to home the drone then veered violently to the left and descended with high speed into a tree. At no point did it stop, or attempt any obstacle avoidance or raise up as it was supposed to do and return to my position.
I was in the middle of nowhere with no electrical interference and in a place where I had flown before and the drone had been before.
In previous drones, I have had a controller to drone connection issues whereby the video feed would get glitchy, and then the drone controls would stop responding.
Thankfully the previous times the drone stopped, raised up, and then returned to its last home position.
So far I have had 5 Autel Evo 2 Pro drones, every single one has had issues with connection, drifting, lens issues, compass issues.
If you would like to see the screen recordings you are more than welcome.

I find it funny how this thread was started and yet nothing has come of it. Hey @advexure has Autel even consider any of the ideas mentioned in this thread!?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials