Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Feature Requests – Submit Here

Agreed, we're six months in now and @advexure have been asked a few times in this thread to provide some feedback on what Autel have said to all these points raised.

Sadly @advexure have never replied to the update requests ?

?‍♂️

Autel is certainly well aware of this thread, requests and some additional feedback on certain areas that our fleet support has provided. They will continue to release new features in subsequent firmware updates. We cannot speak to what's in development as we are limited by non-disclosures but we advise that you continue to share your requests. Also submit requests directly into Autel's channels (chat, email, phone, etc). Any manufacturer who receives a plethora of requests for a common ask will (hopefully) see it and (should) act on it.

It is up to a manufacturer to enact changes and improvements but we as Autel's user base need to collectively share feedback and that's exactly what this discussion thread is doing. No platform will be perfect, but it's about finding the right priorities to ensure a platform will be suitable for as many use cases as possible and enhance the way the platform can make those use cases more efficient.

All we ask is don't shoot the messenger as we share a common goal. :) We wish we had individual feedback on each and every request but we simply don't. ?

Reactions: Andrzej
Dont sell a drone thats still in Beta. That would help. I have a $10,000 Dual. You would think it would get a little more look over than the ones straight from China. Gimbal tilt, drifting, A/B buttons still not saving, EXP Settings still not saving, and worst of all Compass error that requires calibrating compass on every flight if you want to be able to land the drone. I am a seasoned pilot and these problems are maddening. I cant afford to crash a drone of this expense. Or maybe thats the idea? Oh...and my controller fan was loose upon arrival.

An onscreen warning BEFORE auto land & the ability to just override it & keep flying. I want to be in control or be the fault, not some automated drone land. Also a screen button for ludicrous mode ASAP.

Dont sell a drone thats still in Beta. That would help. I have a $10,000 Dual. You would think it would get a little more look over than the ones straight from China. Gimbal tilt, drifting, A/B buttons still not saving, EXP Settings still not saving, and worst of all Compass error that requires calibrating compass on every flight if you want to be able to land the drone. I am a seasoned pilot and these problems are maddening. I cant afford to crash a drone of this expense. Or maybe thats the idea? Oh...and my controller fan was loose upon arrival.
Clap...Clap...Clap...I feel ya brother! I have the same sentiments and issues. It’s as if this is their first drone debut. The Autel Beta 2 is what I call it.

I would like to see a zoom slider, or be able to use one of the back programmable buttons + gimbal wheel to zoom from 1x to 8x smoothly. I see a lot of users request dolly zoom, so this would allow manual smooth zoom opposite to the motion of the drone. DJI has this feature both in long press on screen or function button + gimbal wheel.

Reactions: Eagle928
So I waited a while before I decided to contribute to this list. I wanted to truly test every feature in real world scenarios that I will use on a nearly daily basis before providing feedback on what I feel could be improved. My perspective is from a full time photographer/videographer's perspective. Below is my list after about 15 batteries worth of flights.

• Lanyard Hook - I would like to see some way to attach a lanyard to the next version of the remote. I know it can be done after attaching an aftermarket tablet holder, but it would be nice if there was a lanyard hook/loop built into the remote.
  • Remote Control - Speaking of the remote control, it is very awkward feeling in the hands. The handles always feel like they are about to close, and they have no grip when you start sweating. Also, the camera tilt button feels like it is not very precise, to compensate I turned down the gimbal speed, but it would be nice if the feel of the button's resistance were improved. Let's not forget how easy it is to accidentally press the buttons on the bottom of the remote.
  • The App
    • Scaling - The app does not scale to full screen when used on a tablet. For some reason most of the screen real estate on tablets is wasted when using the app, I would like to see it automatically scale to take full advantage of whatever screen is being used.
    • Overlay - This one is quite annoying; I frequently require precise positioning and need to see the entire video feed but the app overlays the top and bottom with no way to override it. I would like to see the overlay get moved to the edges of the live video feed at least when it is displayed on a tablet.
    • Waveform Monitor - ALOG is fantastic so far, but there is no waveform monitor option. A WFM is the best tool to use when exposing LOG footage so I would like to see a WFM added for exposure assistance. It would be awesome if the WFM appeared when shooting video and the histogram appeared on screen when shooting images.
    • Custom Color Profiles Don't Save - I like to shoot in ALOG and use custom color profile settings of -2 Sharpness, -1 Contrast. After setting those setting in the color profile they reset back to zeros after changing the battery in the EVO II, so I have to keep setting the settings before each flight which eats into battery life.
    • Histogram Position - Same problem, the histogram's position on the screen does not save, I have to drag it to the corner each time.
    • One button Ludicrous Mode - The times I need ludicrous mode are usually to fight the wind or to catch fast moving subject material (i.e. boats, cars, etc.), neither situation is one where I have a lot of time to go into the menu and click 3x to enable it. I would like to see direct access to ludicrous mode added to the next remote controller and for the current remote it could be added to the main screen of the app.
    • Shutter Angle - It would be nice if shutter angle was added in addition to shutter speed for video.
    • Camera Settings Display - I would like to be able to see all of the current camera settings at a glance. The way it is now, you have to scroll around to see all of the camera settings which eats into valuable time while in the air. Mainly things like resolution, shutter speed, ISO, and WB. Almost every other modern camera keeps these settings displayed at all times.
    • Photo / Video Shared Settings - I noticed it appears none of the settings between the photo and video stay synched. It would be nice if there were a way to pick what settings stay synched between the photo mode and video mode. Things like WB, Aperture, and sometimes even ISO can usually be shared between the photo and video settings. A simple way to select which settings are shared between the two would be great. Also what tools get displayed (i.e histogram for photography and WFM for video).
    • Disable Front and Rear Lights - This setting is awesome, but a little difficult to set properly. For some reason I have to go in and tell it to turn off the lights 2-3x before the setting will stay set. This is also another setting that reverts back to on after changing a battery, I get its for safety reasons but I would like to see the setting at least stick for 24hrs or something like that instead of reverting back every battery change.
    • Ability to Disable Auto Landing - I would like the ability to disable auto landing. I know it is meant to protect the EVO II, but there are many times where I need to land very precisely in a small area, sometimes on the rugged case itself and I would need the auto landing disabled in order to do so. I also had it start trying to auto land on a light pole 50' up in the air when I hovered too close over it; that would not have ended well. I could also see a scenario where you are trying to inspect a roof and it keeps trying to auto land on the roof.
    • Monitoring LUT - ALOG is pretty hard to see in the sunlight, I would like to see Autel add the ability to enable a Rec709 monitoring LUT to help with visibility when shooting in ALOG.
    • Add Consistency To Saving Settings - It seems pretty random what saves and what doesn't within the app. For example custom color profiles, histogram position, front and rear light settings, landing light settings, ludicrous mode settings, and more simply do not save between battery changes. All settings should be just the way you set them after changing the battery.
    • Aspect Ratio Overlay Guides (New 17 Jul 2021) - I shoot a lot of video content and for social media I need an aspect ratio of 4:5 to fit properly on Instagram and Facebook. It would be great if it was possible to add different aspect ratio guides to the video display so that I could compose the scene for both Instagram/ Facebook and YouTube/Vimeo. My regular video camera has this and it is great to be able to see right on screen what would be in the scene on Instagram and other social media platforms.
  • Car Charger - The car charger's undercurrent protection circuitry is way too sensitive. It would be nice if there were a switch on the charger that lets you disable this feature. I have a dedicated Goal Zero 400 battery pack which should be able to charge 5 of the flight batteries. However, I am not able to charge even one because the car charger keeps shutting off the charging process.
  • RAW File Metadata - I noticed in the RAW files that the EVO II does not write the value for AGL and uses ASL instead. I would like to see AGL added to the RAW files metadata. AGL is far more useful when shooting a precision commercial job that needs to know the exact altitude AGL that a picture was shot at.
  • Battery Level Indicator - It is completely impossible to view the battery level indicator in direct sunlight; the lights are way too dim. I would like much brighter battery level indicators or some higher contrast solution that works in direct sunlight.
  • Altitude Limit - I know 2600' sounds generous but not when you are in the mountains and flying the drone up a mountainside, or next to a tall building where as per the FAA you are allowed to go as high as the nearest building +400'. I would like to see a way to acknowledge the risk and disable the altitude limit entirely.
  • Obstacle Sensing - On my EVO II it feels way too sensitive, also it warns that there are objects above the EVO II all the time even when I know its not possible. I would like to have a way to adjust it's sensitivity; even low/medium/high would be nice.
  • Intelligent Power Output - I have noticed that the EVO II throttles the power output when in Standard mode. This is as expected when the drone has the speed limit set to 22mph, the problem is when it is too windy for the EVO to reach 22mph in Standard mode. It would be nice if the EVO II were to automatically apply up to full power when it is unable to reach its 22mph speed limit in Standard mode due to wind. This would eliminate most of the times I need to manually switch to Ludicrous mode to overcome a headwind or crosswind. It obviously throttles down when its a tailwind to keep from going over 22mph, I don't understand why it can't throttle up in a headwind without having to switch to Ludicrous mode.
  • Integrated FAA Compliant Strobe - With the new FAA rules changes many more pilots are going to start flying at night. An integrated FAA compliant strobe in the next version of the EVO would be great with one caveat; that you can turn it off if needed. For example you may need to fly indoors; unless you can turn off the strobe when needed there's no way you could use the drone indoors for photography/video work. The ability to turn it off would also be useful if you are flying somewhere where the FAA's rules do not apply.

Last edited:
I am in direct contact with autel engineers and staff through a wechat group, I can give them your suggestions and improvements without any problem.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
I am in direct contact with autel engineers and staff through a wechat group, I can give them your suggestions and improvements without any problem.
Not sure if you were talking to me....but if so that would be great and much appreciated.

No. No drones are RID ready to date. RID is a beacon that will be used to locate the PILOT not just the drone...
That would be a good time to make boat mode return to the controller instead of the take off home point.

Reactions: Dave.mp4
Good day, dear developers, please make a Russian interface in the program AUTEL EVO 2. (Autel Explorer) .
This will increase sales in Russia.

Reactions: PingSpike
So my issue was, I put in a fully charged battery into the drone. The controller was also fully charged. My phone was also fully charged and put in flight mode. I did a full calibration set prior to flight. I turned the drone, controller, and phone on and waited for the drone to do its start-up sequence and retrieve as many satellites as possible. Once an acceptable amount of satellites were retrieved the drone was set to take off. I let it hover for 10 seconds and pushed both sticks forward. The drone flew up and away from me. 28 seconds into the flight the drone veered to the left and started flying sideways and then veered to the left. The drone did not respond to input so I stopped attempting input. At this point, I pressed return to home the drone then veered violently to the left and descended with high speed into a tree. At no point did it stop, or attempt any obstacle avoidance or raise up as it was supposed to do and return to my position.
I was in the middle of nowhere with no electrical interference and in a place where I had flown before and the drone had been before.
In previous drones, I have had a controller to drone connection issues whereby the video feed would get glitchy, and then the drone controls would stop responding.
Thankfully the previous times the drone stopped, raised up, and then returned to its last home position.
So far I have had 5 Autel Evo 2 Pro drones, every single one has had issues with connection, drifting, lens issues, compass issues.
If you would like to see the screen recordings you are more than welcome.

take a look at your flight log, I think you will be surprised when you see the route that the application draws on the map, most likely you have the hp thousands of km from you, the drone has detected that with the battery that At that time, the drone was insufficient to travel all that distance and instead of asking a logical thing like, "the hp is at a very far distance, do you want to land or start an rth?" , the drone shoots to infinity and beyond

I have already proposed to autel that when it detects that the hp is farther than the distance that the drone can reach, ask before leaving as a shot anywhere

Would really like to have a smooth zoom in/out feature using the wheel and the A or B button or just make the zoom smooth all the time instead of increments when using the wheel. Could leave it incremental in the app as it currently is.

Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller