Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel evo firmware update release(Not the Beta but the official one).

Right now on autel web site or over the air

I've been checking since they said the BETA would be going live in a few weeks (of our conversations)... Thanks for pointing this out -- will get the Evo connected and see what's new.

Hongfei AR shared a link to the group: OFFICIAL Autel Robotics

Hello EVO Users,
Thank you for participating in the beta firmware testing and giving us helpful feedback. The V1.3.46 (V1.3.45 + bug fixes) is now officially released! It is available now via Explorer App OTA update. Comparing to the current official version V1.3.3.25, this update contains the following main changes:

- Added ‘Coaching Mode’ which allows users to connect a second controller with the aircraft for flight
- Optimized RTH accuracy in weak GPS condition
- Optimized camera IQ and exposure
- Improved anti-drifting ability after initial taking off (Improved convergence rate of aircraft’s initial heading deviation)
- Added battery over-discharging warning prompt
- Added ‘Safe to Land’ prompt on RC
- Bug fixes

The access to the current beta program webpage has been closed. The download page of the V1.3.46 bin file for the manual firmware update use is here: https://auteldrones.com/pages/downloads
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (692-8835), email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at AutelRobotics.com.
Thanks for your support!?

Upgrade done.... you have to do it for each battery.... there is a battery update at the same time. Make shure you do it for each individual battery.

Reactions: mamanes
Compass calibration now works nose down like supposed to be in the manual...before was just working nose up. Good thing fixed.

I just did the update. Now I have a tilted camera...well fudge! ?

My gimbal -- is the closest to level -- it has demonstrated lately. After calibration on the new firmware this is what it looks like.

Seems as people update firmware from version to version -- it either comes back after update level or not level??

It really has a mind of it's own. While I noted mine off on day one - it demonstrated better and never got my looking at it so hard again until I updated so many times on the last stable firmware. The reason I mention it this way -- you have run updates multiple times for multiple batteries.

So it does not matter if your Evo is like mine -- and was in some type of known "Firmware Loop" -- in the last stable release -- or not. You would assume it is only updating the battery -- but you never can be certain.

Edit -- the blanket you see is me testing the FOA for proper on/off and switching from ATTI to STARPOINT - it passed.

The OTA update failed on mine as always with Autel's known RC Player bug.

So I've had practice with this...
As always, I power down everything -- manually download and copy file to Evo's SD card -- power everything back on -- everything falls into sync -- updates -- shows success.

Just have to wash rinse and repeat for each battery. ? ...and hope the gimbal does not have a brain fart.

Fingers crossed ? my "firmware loop" issue like on the previous stable firmware -- does not return -- now that the firmware is no longer BETA in my Evo.

I am so ready to get this thing back in the air! ???✈

Last edited:
For the battery update just look in the apps under firmware version when you put a new battery in and you will see the version before updating the battery and go look after updating and you will see new battery version. And the updating loop is gone with this new updated. Also me too rc player bug when updating over the air but when updating with sdcard it is ok.

Reactions: thomasr
Do a gimbal calibration on a level surface and when finish shutdown remote and after evo and restart remote and then evo. Give it a try
It worked. It is now leveled. Will have to take it up into the air and see what's up. I appreciate it.

My gimbal -- is the closest to level -- it has demonstrated lately. After calibration on the new firmware this is what it looks like.

Seems as people update firmware from version to version -- it either comes back after update level or not level??

It really has a mind of it's own. While I noted mine off on day one - it demonstrated better and never got my looking at it so hard again until I updated so many times on the last stable firmware. The reason I mention it this way -- you have run updates multiple times for multiple batteries.

So it does not matter if your Evo is like mine -- and was in some type of known "Firmware Loop" -- in the last stable release -- or not. You would assume it is only updating the battery -- but you never can be certain.

View attachment 3932

View attachment 3936

The OTA update failed on mine as always with Autel's known RC Player bug.

View attachment 3933

So I've had practice with this...
As always, I power down everything -- manually download and copy file to Evo's SD card -- power everything back on -- everything falls into sync -- updates -- shows success.

View attachment 3934View attachment 3935

Just have to wash rinse and repeat for each battery. ? ...and hope the gimbal does not have a brain fart.

Fingers crossed ? my "firmware loop" issue like on the previous stable firmware -- does not return -- now that the firmware is no longer BETA in my Evo.

I am so ready to get this thing back in the air! ???✈
My 3 batteries updated OTA. Downside I just noticed hairline fractures in my antennas. Will have to keep an eye on this.

• Haha
had some issues with my update:
over the air would not complete...stuck at 99%
used manual method and gimbal firmware was @ 0.0.0.0
did the manual update to all 3 batteries and the gimbal firmware finally was @ V1.1.3.1

had some issues with my update:
over the air would not complete...stuck at 99%
used manual method and gimbal firmware was @ 0.0.0.0
did the manual update to all 3 batteries and the gimbal firmware finally was @ V1.1.3.1

The only OTA mine tried and failed -- seemed like it was going to hang/freeze at 99 -- but something finally popped it to show me the update statuses while waiting... and showed the known "RC Player not recognized as updated" issue as already explained above.

This is the failure of OTA for me -- when your remote says TRY AGAIN... lol and misspells "remote" as REMOTER .. ?

Just "sticking" at 99 -- may be not waiting long enough -- as it did take it a few minutes just on 99 percent...
OR -- I never discredit that something just went screwy -- with no cause or insight into it further.

also, bugs manifest in different ways

It worked. It is now leveled. Will have to take it up into the air and see what's up. I appreciate it.

My 3 batteries updated OTA. Downside I just noticed hairline fractures in my antennas. Will have to keep an eye on this.

Look don't get me started on "quality" again... I am going to nickname mine FORD!

Or for those who many not know what this acronym really means:

fix
or
repair
daily

:cool:

DONE

eDiT:
Have you flown a FORD lately?

Last edited:

You so funny - I am torn -- now that I have a menu... o_O

I love:

Fireball On Rear Denting
(No real rear sensors)

or a toss up between;

Forced On Reluctant Drivers - or - Fix Or Recycle Dilemma
(Overall - we are the BETA testers -- does not matter if it says STABLE or BETA on anything) ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791