Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel evo firmware update release(Not the Beta but the official one).

My update had a red X at the RC panel. But the V1.1.18.0 was there. I should be good, right?

From your post, I can't say "Red X" means anything good... :)
The update is fairly straightforward but would require a few steps than just plug and play.

Watch this video and you will get the answers you need to make sure a good update in the future... (Be sure to note that you need to do this entire step for the same number of each batteries you own.)

Horizon tilt fixed finally for me, RTH absolutely perfect (though last time I use RTH it landed dead center on landing pad) in a tight spot and rock solid hover so far, granted very little wind. I think overall it feels more solid and gives me a better sense of security.

From your post, I can't say "Red X" means anything good... :)
The update is fairly straightforward but would require a few steps than just plug and play.

Watch this video and you will get the answers you need to make sure a good update in the future... (Be sure to note that you need to do this entire step for the same number of each batteries you own.)

I did watch the video, tried it both ways too. Over the air, and copied the file to the sd card and both ways got the red X for rc panel? But like I said it shows the correct V?

If you have updated to the latest version, make sure you've turned off and on the RC as instructed then power off the drone off and off as well. Allow both devices to get 'connected' before operating. :)

I am not sure what you mean by 'correct V'... Are you saying correct VERSION?

Maybe by powering off and on connecting the drone and remote controller would change that.
If problem persists, just call Autel directly.

I did watch the video, tried it both ways too. Over the air, and copied the file to the sd card and both ways got the red X for rc panel? But like I said it shows the correct V?

You should be fine if the RC Panel shows the updated version. The other option is to call Autel and ask. You shouldn't be getting a red x after performing the FW Update. That might be another problem. Report back if you do call Autel.

If you have updated to the latest version, make sure you've turned off and on the RC as instructed then power off the drone off and off as well. Allow both devices to get 'connected' before operating. :)

I am not sure what you mean by 'correct V'... Are you saying correct VERSION?

Maybe by powering off and on connecting the drone and remote controller would change that.
If problem persists, just call Autel directly.
Yes, I meant version. And yes, I did do both batteries. Also I did power off both drone and controller. Is there any way to get that screen to come up without doing another update? And to be clear. I didn't get the red X on rc panel on the first battery update, just the second battery update. Maybe it's because the rc panel was already updated from the first battery?

Hi All

i am relatively a new Evo flier and i need help..UPDATING (Firmware)

I hear that each battery must be updated

Does the Evo update it self ? you open up the controller and it auto updates ?

Please help with details...How is it done...d/l the update and update the EVO...HOW ?

I know how to d/l most things from the net but how do you APPLY the update the Evo itself ?

Through a cable ?...and where does the cable plug into ?

Same with the batteries...have them IN place (of the Evo)...3 batteries..one at a time ? Through the EVO

Anyone ? Please...any details will be appreciated

I heard that there is a new update for EVERYTHING..i want to DO IT ! (with your help !)

THANK YOU all...(i will be back soon to see if there are responses to my question...S

Martin/NYC

So one of the issues I had over the air update was, it was not working properly. I had to do it manually, by going to Autel's website and downloaded it into a folder, then I copied it into the microSD card. Make sure you do not put it in a folder inside the SD card. Just copy it and put it in the root of the SD card. Then insert it into the Evo, and turn on the remote controller and the evo. Wait for a few minutes and you will see the remote controller unpacking the software. Let it do it's thing and you will see "update completed". At this point, turn of the remote controller and the Evo. Turn both the remote controller and the Evo back on and wait for 30 seconds for the full update to finish. NOTE, if you do not do the last part, the will be a file called (.upgrade) still sitting in the microSD card which indicates you did not turn off the and turn on both the controller and the Evo. Repeat this process for all batteries you have. Good Luck and enjoy your flight.

Has any using Evo's latest stable version of firmware noticed if Ludacris mode holds its altitude at full forward pitch over a long distance with or without head wind ?

Has any using Evo's latest stable version of firmware noticed if Ludacris mode holds its altitude at full forward pitch over a long distance with or without head wind ?
It loses altitude just the same, it just depends on the strength of the headwind and how much it's being slowed down. At some point the FC decides to dive to pickup speed.

Oddly enough if you're flying in standard mode and you manually descend, the quad slows down... Go figure..

Reactions: AtomX
It loses altitude just the same, it just depends on the strength of the headwind and how much it's being slowed down. At some point the FC decides to dive to pickup speed.

Oddly enough if you're flying in standard mode and you manually descend, the quad slows down... Go figure..
I noticed that today. Cruising the skies is more my style of flying. ✈️. Responsibly of course. Air speed while descending is random and wind speed is hard to judge at 300 ft. Turning off sensors in 34mph mode helps but it doesn't behave consistently like the MavPro. MP is the the only bird i have to compare the Evo. All my racers have a variety of Frames, prop size, FCs, ESCs, motors even firmware and FC interface software but thet can be tuned to perform very similar, some have quarks. My custom made GPS rigs do fly more clunky and this could be a huge factor for factory made cam platforms which is why a switch to flip between GPS and Atti would be awesome and allow 2 types of tunable or factory pretuned FC parameters. The EVO flight behavior can be tuned Im sure but only by Autel and a good
G. U. I. tool set for tuning would have to be created besides numbers and a long list of parameters to tweak,. Unless the Evo's ESCs, motors and FC are being pushed to the max already there should be plenty of room to dial it in. Evo is a camera platform with some sport flying capabilities and its tuned for efficiency and stability to please a broad range of pilots. If its hardware can be pushed harder, sacrificing efficiency, then I hope the next few firmware updates will give us the option for a better flight characteristics. This could set the Evo apart from DJI even more and the RPM monitor your talking about would be nice. Id gladly sign a waver voiding my warranty to have a chance to tune the P. I. D. s and FC options. Building a rig can never be as refined looking as a factory build with a team of engineers creating a formfactor like the EVO !!!

Reactions: Madhungarian
I'm in the middle of my fourth attempt to upgrade firmware (by way of WiFi). First three attempts failed. Once by connecting USB cable to the tail end of EVO and dragging over the new BIN file and twice by removing the card and copying the file onto the SD card. Each time it went through the upload and transfer upgrade between EVO and the controller and then failed. The controller screen said to reboot and FORCE UPGRADE. Good idea. How do you do that?

OK, just now the wireless upgrade finished and said SUCCESSFUL. I see that only two things changed. The Remote Control Panel went from V1.1.17.0 to V1.1.18.0 and the Battery went from V1.1.6.0 to V1.1.7.0. It does not tell me anything about needing to update other batteries. I've plugged in other batteries and still no message to that effect and the battery is still the same version on all batteries without having done any upgrade on each battery..

OK, just now the wireless upgrade finished and said SUCCESSFUL. I see that only two things changed. The Remote Control Panel went from V1.1.17.0 to V1.1.18.0 and the Battery went from V1.1.6.0 to V1.1.7.0. It does not tell me anything about needing to update other batteries. I've plugged in other batteries and still no message to that effect and the battery is still the same version on all batteries without having done any upgrade on each battery..

FWIW I flew on the evo on my 2nd battery without updating the FW and it seemed to fly fine. I did eventually update it once it was pointed out to me what hoops we had to jump through to get it to take. Fortunately for me I only have 2 batteries. I can only imagine the pain for those with multiple batteries, what a pain.

FWIW I flew on the evo on my 2nd battery without updating the FW and it seemed to fly fine. I did eventually update it once it was pointed out to me what hoops we had to jump through to get it to take. Fortunately for me I only have 2 batteries. I can only imagine the pain for those with multiple batteries, what a pain.
I'm in the middle of my fourth attempt to upgrade firmware (by way of WiFi). First three attempts failed. Once by connecting USB cable to the tail end of EVO and dragging over the new BIN file and twice by removing the card and copying the file onto the SD card. Each time it went through the upload and transfer upgrade between EVO and the controller and then failed. The controller screen said to reboot and FORCE UPGRADE. Good idea. How do you do that?

Iv only done one update so far and was and did it with SD card. It took some time but worked well. The second batt was done by putting bin file back on SD card and running the update again it seemed to work faster second time with other battery. I have 3 batts. If I remember correctly it did update faster using SD card method for the extra batts. and I think it auto erases the Bin file after the update. So you have to reload the file for each battery. Loading firmware especially wireless transmission can be buggy for any device and I dont recommend updates unless it offers something you want. Like most say , If it aint broke . . .

Iv only done one update so far and was and did it with SD card. It took some time but worked well. The second batt was done by putting bin file back on SD card and running the update again it seemed to work faster second time with other battery. I have 3 batts. If I remember correctly it did update faster using SD card method for the extra batts. and I think it auto erases the Bin file after the update. So you have to reload the file for each battery. Loading firmware especially wireless transmission can be buggy for any device and I dont recommend updates unless it offers something you want. Like most say , If it aint broke . . .
In my case this firmware is the one that I was waiting for... It finally fixed the horizon tilted issue.

Reactions: Madhungarian
It happens faster for each battery because it skips all the other updates that were all finished.
If its like the XSP it doesn't erase the bin file. It just renames it so all you'd have to do is take off the .old at the end so it goes back to .bin. Then continue updating the batteries.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials