Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel evo firmware update release(Not the Beta but the official one).

My 3 batteries updated OTA. Downside I just noticed hairline fractures in my antennas. Will have to keep an eye on this.
[/CITATION]

Last week, I had to send my controller to Autel Robotics to fix the antennas. The plastic began to fade and crack, at the hinges, and a tilted antenna side. I do not know if they will find a solution for their poor quality plastic.
That's funny, I've only had this Evo for a couple months and I had to send my controller in to be repaired as well. They definitely need to redesign the way the antennas are attached to the controller. Get rid of those pins that tend to come out. Take a hint from the Dji controllers.

That's funny, I've only had this Evo for a couple months and I had to send my controller in to be repaired as well. They definitely need to redesign the way the antennas are attached to the controller. Get rid of those pins that tend to come out. Take a hint from the Dji controllers.
Forgot to ask. Did you have to pay for the repair or did Autel cover it under warranty?

I performed an OTA update for all my batteries but noticed that the RC Player had a green circle but not a green check mark. I've checked the versions and everything looks updated. I'm no longer being prompted for an update. Is the RC Player not having a green check mark anything to worry about?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190322-224855_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20190322-224855_Autel Explorer.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20190322-224909_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20190322-224909_Autel Explorer.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 14
My 3 batteries updated OTA. Downside I just noticed hairline fractures in my antennas. Will have to keep an eye on this.
[/CITATION]

Last week, I had to send my controller to Autel Robotics to fix the antennas. The plastic began to fade and crack, at the hinges, and a tilted antenna side. I do not know if they will find a solution for their poor quality plastic.
They just replace them with other ones (took about a week total with shipping and covered under warranty).... I had them done...so far they are holding up but do not look any different from the originals. I try to keep them from rubbing to much in the bag.

I performed an OTA update for all my batteries but noticed that the RC Player had a green circle but not a green check mark. I've checked the versions and everything looks updated. I'm no longer being prompted for an update. Is the RC Player not having a green check mark anything to worry about?
I'm not sure. I got the checkmark on mine and I also did it OTA. When I get home, I will check my version.

[/CITATION]

1 week? You did OK. The fan in my RC died after 3 days and it took Australian Autel nearly 6 weeks to replace the remote. I'm trying to be nice about it but the service here is terrible and I dont see Autel lasting here very long if thats how they chose to do business.

Back on topic, following the advice here (TYVM btw) I managed to get the 2nd battery to update but wow it literally took the quad through the entire FW update process just to update a battery? It literally had to perform an OTA update even though the AC was already updated to the latest FW with previous battery. Then I got some RC Player showing no tick box but I ignored. What if you're out in the field with no phone reception? What about excess data fees?

I think Autel need to work on this one a little. *** have managed to condense battery updates so that only the battery updates in 1-2mins with no FW being downloaded, I can only imagine the pain going through a full firmware update for each and every battery if you had many batteries to update. I only have 2 batteries but I've seen posts with some users having 7 batteries. Ouch!

Otherwise new FW looks good, coaching mode looks interesting assuming you can get a 2nd controller to try it out on.

Upgrade done.... you have to do it for each battery.... there is a battery update at the same time. Make shure you do it for each individual battery.
So, what your saying is it goes through the entire update procedure when the batteries get updated. I just put a fully charged battery onboard and it looks like its doing a complete update again..

Do the fwupdate with a microsdcard and it is a lot faster.
I did, it ignored it and downloaded OTA instead.
So, what your saying is it goes through the entire update procedure when the batteries get updated. I just put a fully charged battery onboard and it looks like its doing a complete update again..
this was my experience also.

Is this how the XSP also does battery updates?

Forgot to ask. Did you have to pay for the repair or did Autel cover it under warranty?
Hi EvoFanatic,
I do not have news since sending my contoller at Autel Robotics. I cross my fingers ..
I hope it's guaranteed ..!
Anyway it was not the only problem on this controller. On the PWR On / Off button there was no green or red light or other for indicated function, such as in On Green light.
Autel Robotic, replied that I had the first version of the controller .... Loll. Not sure of that. I had this product on February 1, 2019
I personally believe that it is a good product, but not very convinced of their service to customers that he wants to settle by several emails .. It's my feeling when we want to drag things out .. After several..more Email and many no. I decided to return this controller without tickets with a note of explanation .. And that's why I did not hear from them, yet. I cross my fingers..loll

Don't know I am speaking about the same 'update' symptoms described above, but I found myself updating to this version of firmware twice in 24 hours. I flew after the first noticing no changes in the 'normal operations', and again a day later when I turned on the remote to tinker with its settings... (my beeps on obstacle avoidance is just way too loud!)

They did not charge me, took about a week, but I live in CA and they are in Washington.
I'm in Delaware. So so far away... I read about people getting free RC's because the boot came off... And I can't fly because their manufacturer used a brittle low temp abs mix on the antennas...I sent them pics of what happened. The strap in the Rugged case lays across them. In the cold the foam and strap are stiff, that ABS more brittle.. Might buy an extra and upgrade the antennas... They could have sent me a good faith replacement. Maybe I just have too high of expectations.. lol

Don't know I am speaking about the same 'update' symptoms described above, but I found myself updating to this version of firmware twice in 24 hours. I flew after the first noticing no changes in the 'normal operations', and again a day later when I turned on the remote to tinker with its settings... (my beeps on obstacle avoidance is just way too loud!)
It was probably a second battery you had which triggers a full update. As far as I can tell only the battery gets updated since the quad and RC are already updated.

Reactions: Ansia
I put the firmware on the SD card this time and it successfully updated.
When I changed batteries it took a couple minutes but eventually said "Update available."
But it didn't seem to recognize the file on the card and instead downloaded it.
Remember the update process deletes the file on the SD card after each update. You have to remove the SD card and copy the file back on for each battery update.

Ok, sorry if this is a newbie question. I just received my Evo and charged it up, got the message to update the firmware and did so on each battery. But when I go to my general settings and firmware version I do not see any thing that says V1.3.46?

Ok, sorry if this is a newbie question. I just received my Evo and charged it up, got the message to update the firmware and did so on each battery. But when I go to my general settings and firmware version I do not see any thing that says V1.3.46?

There is no "firmware version" indication...The best (only) way is to look in the settings of the app when connected and look in the "general" section then "firmware" and compare the #'s to what is stated in the release notes for the update/firmware

Reactions: Caribbean Dronz

I called Autel today and spoke to Alejandro regarding the RC Player circle not being ticked, but green after the OTA update. He said as long as the firmware versions match what's on this page, then we're ok:

Interesting that when I asked what the "RC Player" was and why we can't see it displayed in the Firmware section of the app, he said the RC Player is actually the "Remote Control Panel". The RC Panel is the screen on your "RemoteR" Controller. That if the firmware doesn't read V1.1.18.0, then the easiest way to update is to use an USB SD Card Reader and insert it directly into the controller obviously containing the FW file in the root folder of the SD Card.

I also asked them to fix the "RemoteR" typo that's been there since day one.

Lastly, he also said the RC Panel in no way affects any of your flight controls. That even if it didn't get updated correctly, you should still be able to fly as normal.

Good information.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo