Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel evo firmware update release(Not the Beta but the official one).

At least its not called FIAT - Fix It Again Tony!

I was offered the update today while flying my 2nd battery but ignored as I wanted to fly the battery. Have there been any downsides to this update? No sneaky NFZs? I usually avoid updates like the plague thanks to bad experiences with DJI - If it aint broke, dont fix it.

I will see if this firmware fix the tilted horizon issue that sometimes happens in my video.

Reactions: Autelguy
So I took my Evo for a quick flight at noon and did some video. Davinci Resolve is being an *** right now and is showing my video as "Media Offline" and can't figure it out. So I just took some pictures of the video. The horizon does appear to be straightish. To me it seems acceptable. What do you guys think?
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Reactions: macoman
So I took my Evo for a quick flight at noon and did some video. Davinci Resolve is being an *** right now and is showing my video as "Media Offline" and can't figure it out. So I just took some pictures of the video. The horizon does appear to be straightish. To me it seems acceptable. What do you guys think?
View attachment 3942View attachment 3943View attachment 3944
Thank you for the report... I will try to update the firmware tonight after work. Nice pictures my friend and yes it looks acceptable to me.

Reactions: Ansia
I must say I like the improvements they did with the camera. To me the videos look better after the update. Before, they looked a bit over exposed and weren't much to my liking, unless I flew under the shade of a cloud.

I successfully update the firmware. I will wait until next week to test it in the field.

Reactions: Ansia
I just updated, wasnt prompted to update the 2nd battery. Was there suppose to be a battery update?

I think that coaching mode can be used more than just to train or have someone film. What about being able to cover an entire hill or mountain by camping the second pilot on the other side.

Yes. Try again. I had to update all 3 batteries.
How do you invoke the battery update? I flew the two batteries without any issue.. DJI normally prompts for battery update at the go4 splash screen...

How do you invoke the battery update? I flew the two batteries without any issue.. DJI normally prompts for battery update at the go4 splash screen...
Turn the RC on with the connected phone, then turn on the drone. You will see in the camera feed screen on the left corner saying "self checking" once that is done, hit the Autel A and you will see that you have an update.

I put the firmware on the SD card this time and it successfully updated.
When I changed batteries it took a couple minutes but eventually said "Update available."
But it didn't seem to recognize the file on the card and instead downloaded it.

At least its not called FIAT - Fix It Again Tony!

I was offered the update today while flying my 2nd battery but ignored as I wanted to fly the battery. Have there been any downsides to this update? No sneaky NFZs? I usually avoid updates like the plague thanks to bad experiences with DJI - If it aint broke, dont fix it.
No problems, it's a good and clean update. Added good features.

My 3 batteries updated OTA. Downside I just noticed hairline fractures in my antennas. Will have to keep an eye on this.
[/CITATION]

Last week, I had to send my controller to Autel Robotics to fix the antennas. The plastic began to fade and crack, at the hinges, and a tilted antenna side. I do not know if they will find a solution for their poor quality plastic.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan