Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

And in other news

Ansia

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder. If the drone was registered. Would he get a lighter sentence?

• Haha
Reactions: Trox and Tufargon

macoman

Reaction score
I wonder. If the drone was registered. Would he get a lighter sentence?
Good question... But it's not supposed that registered or not, the action itself of trying using a drone for illegal purpose of dropping illegal drugs is enough for a long sentence.

butch

Reaction score
Good question... But it's not supposed that registered or not, the action itself of trying using a drone for illegal purpose of dropping illegal drugs is enough for a long sentence.
Says right there in the print that it was un-registered.

Ansia

Staff member
Reaction score
We know it didn't really matter if it was registered or not. It was a drone joke.

Reactions: macoman

macoman

Reaction score
We know it didn't really matter if it was registered or not. It was a drone joke.
I need more of your positive side piece mentality ;)... Sometimes we need jokes to keep going.

Reactions: Ansia

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
The FAA can't arrest you, but they can fine you and revoke your certificate if you actually have one. That's the difference between law and regulation, if I understand it correctly.
They are probably arresting him for things unrelated to UAS usage, like drug possession.
I think the "arrest of drone rule violations" in the US is such a grey area that it will create an issue down the road. I also think the FAA is losing ground on a chance to clamp down on careless operation as its apparent more and more violations are out there. Drone violations reports are up in this FSDO region. . . it will be interesting to see what the FAA reports for the year end totals. 🤔

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithV35