Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone News: Pilot Fined w/o TRUST

I've read correspondance from the FAA that states that they are all in favor of local law enforcement taking action when they encounter airspace violations. LLE is better positioned to actually encounter folks being bad more so than the FAA, was their reasoning. The FAA would be the entity actually bringing action in such cases. So, the question has been answered.
are you saying lle as in seattle police or king county sheriff or washington state police?

are you saying lle as in seattle police or king county sheriff or washington state police?
Sure.

For example. You ignore a stadium TFR and Seattle police catch you and turn all your info into the FAA. The FAA takes it from there unless you have also broken state or city ordinances to boot. There doesn't have to be a "FAA agent" that catches you.

Common sense here, right?

Reactions: GFields
Sure.

For example. You ignore a stadium TFR and Seattle police catch you and turn all your info into the FAA. The FAA takes it from there unless you have also broken state or city ordinances to boot. There doesn't have to be a "FAA agent" that catches you.

Common sense here, right?
no comment.

So, you smuggle your mini into the Superbowl and fly around at halftime. You think if there is no "FAA Agent" to catch you, you are in the clear and LLE will just say "Not my job".
C'mon, get real.
did you have a question about this incident?

yes i have seen and read this faa document.

Cool. Now, doubling back, don't you think that these folks, in your earlier question, would perhaps have a chat with you if they thought you might be off the reservation? Certainly, any particular LLE officer is going to have verifying degrees of knowledge in this area. But they are clearly able to step in if they think that maybe regs are being broken. And the FAA encourages this.

Last month I was at a work conference (surveying and mapping) and a couple guys from the FAA gave a presentation. In regards to large events like say Super Bowl, there indeed are probably FFA staff in attendance or so they said. Other enforcement actions are complaint driven, but certain events they do have staff watching.

SHG

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy