Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

And in other news

butch

Reaction score
Local news

Attachments

• dope.jpg
    dope.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 68
I wonder. If the drone was registered. Would he get a lighter sentence?
Good question... But it's not supposed that registered or not, the action itself of trying using a drone for illegal purpose of dropping illegal drugs is enough for a long sentence.

Good question... But it's not supposed that registered or not, the action itself of trying using a drone for illegal purpose of dropping illegal drugs is enough for a long sentence.
Says right there in the print that it was un-registered.

We know it didn't really matter if it was registered or not. It was a drone joke.

Reactions: macoman
We know it didn't really matter if it was registered or not. It was a drone joke.
I need more of your positive side piece mentality ;)... Sometimes we need jokes to keep going.

Reactions: Ansia
The FAA can't arrest you, but they can fine you and revoke your certificate if you actually have one. That's the difference between law and regulation, if I understand it correctly.
They are probably arresting him for things unrelated to UAS usage, like drug possession.
I think the "arrest of drone rule violations" in the US is such a grey area that it will create an issue down the road. I also think the FAA is losing ground on a chance to clamp down on careless operation as its apparent more and more violations are out there. Drone violations reports are up in this FSDO region. . . it will be interesting to see what the FAA reports for the year end totals. ?

Another one. Everyone is in on the bandwagon

Attachments

• news.jpg
    news.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Another one. Everyone is in on the bandwagon

There is no confirmation at this point that the strike was a drone. The FAA has even said that whenever drones are blamed DNA swabs show the events to be bird strikes. This one is a tough call as there was no blood. So we must wait for the NTSB investigation (not a LAPD investigation) to determine what really happened.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials