Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Alternate ways to arm motors???

Dan AISCF

Reaction score
Website
www.aiscforlando.com
I have an odd question, and searching didn't yield any results (here or on YT). Is there by any chance an alternate method to arm the Evo I motors (other than diagonal in or out)? I only ask because I recently installed a 3d printed Yaw control (pic attached) and 9 times out of 10 the motors won't arm because the stick on the RC hits the "nubs"on the Yaw control, keeping them from going the maximum distance. If not, I might have to yank the thing off... Thanks all!

yaw control.jpg

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. What finally worked was re-calibrating the rc with the yaw control attached. Took two times to get everything to work correctly (for some reason right-stick moving backwards failed to work the first go round). I'm good to go for my next project... ??

Reactions: PoqFFEMTP
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. What finally worked was re-calibrating the rc with the yaw control attached. Took two times to get everything to work correctly (for some reason right-stick moving backwards failed to work the first go round). I'm good to go for my next project... ??

Glad that worked!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan AISCF
I have an odd question, and searching didn't yield any results (here or on YT). Is there by any chance an alternate method to arm the Evo I motors (other than diagonal in or out)? I only ask because I recently installed a 3d printed Yaw control (pic attached) and 9 times out of 10 the motors won't arm because the stick on the RC hits the "nubs"on the Yaw control, keeping them from going the maximum distance. If not, I might have to yank the thing off... Thanks all!

View attachment 6951

Why did you make this yaw control? What benefit does it give you?

View attachment 6951
You could use the launch button on the controller or the one in the app (I think they have one in the app, not entirely sure since I never do anything other than bringing the sticks to the center)

Why did you make this yaw control? What benefit does it give you?

I bought the Yaw control as an added way to give me more precise control. As much as I love the Evo I, the Yaw EXP doesn't allow for the level of configuration I personally need for the shots I take. With the 3d Printed Yaw Control, the left stick is pretty stiff/resistant, which aids in way better orbits, etc. A personal preference of course. My DJI's are all configured to death within the Go4App and my P4P's have sticks that extend, which aid in better Yaw control as well...

You could use the launch button on the controller or the one in the app (I think they have one in the app, not entirely sure since I never do anything other than bringing the sticks to the center)

Thanks, but I tried that. The app says you have to arm the motors first. It's all good now, reconfigured the RC and everythings works as it should now. THANKS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials