Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A good reason for prop guards

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
Just fired up my bird, pressed the take off/land button and the dufus fell over backwards with the back props hitting the asphalt instead of taking off straight up like it's supposed to. I tried it two more times with no problem, never had that happen before. Anyway, that's when prop guards would have helped, although I really don't like Autel's....too flimsy.

yeah...the little weight cuts down on your fight time...small amount but it does.

Just fired up my bird, pressed the take off/land button and the dufus fell over backwards with the back props hitting the asphalt instead of taking off straight up like it's supposed to. I tried it two more times with no problem, never had that happen before. Anyway, that's when prop guards would have helped, although I really don't like Autel's....too flimsy.
I had just landed mine, no issues ever. Props where still going and a gust of wind flipped mine right upside and tore my props all up before I could get it shutdown, no other damage any where but prop guards probably would have stopped that as well.

I don't have Autel's yet, good to know they are a little flimsy. I will have too look into maybe making some up and getting them 3D printed maybe.

[email protected]
I had just landed mine, no issues ever. Props where still going and a gust of wind flipped mine right upside and tore my props all up before I could get it shutdown, no other damage any where but prop guards probably would have stopped that as well.

I don't have Autel's yet, good to know they are a little flimsy. I will have too look into maybe making some up and getting them 3D printed maybe.
If DJI prop guards could be slightly modified to work, they may be better, but here's a couple of aftermarket/third party (whatever you call them) I found. The red and white ones snap on. They both appear to be more reinforced, couldn't be sure unless you tried them. The top ones are called the claw, they would probably hang up in a tree really well.
Prop guards.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jchasa

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials