Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

have bought a new Evo ll pro

Mainey

Reaction score
bit the bullet and paid out for a new Evo ll pro rugged pack ;)

took it out of the box and looked at the settings on my phone with the props off, at home on the dining table.

Had no 'update' message appear on the screen, thought that was a bit weird as every video I watch shows the download message and says to download the latest software.
looked at some videos about setting it up for first flight, many put a cable from the larger 'outlet' on the right side of the two outlets on the console to the phone, where some did it using the (smaller connection - on the left) cable that come with the Evo ll pro to the phone, as I have done.

Went out to a park and did some take off's and return to home quick trips with some interesting photo opportunities between landings :)
so where are these photo's and video's stored??
All this has been done on the training mode or a similar name lol

I loved the flying experience, by mistake first time I sat under a big tree for some shade, soon figured it is not how you fly a drone, so put the drone out on the grass in the sun.
It took off, well went up about 2 mt, hovered awaiting my input, and I sent it on its merry way, after a while I pressed the 'home' button and she come back, at or near the starting point went up higher, I thought I had lost it at that point, and then come down to land. The landing/takeoff point was just out of the reach of the tree and the Evo would move away from the branch's, and come back down to the exact same piece of ground it left from.

Not yet up with the correct 'terminology' about the technical stuff like 'outlets' on the controller, sorry bout that, I'm in West Australia, we get the sunshine B4 most people, so that is my excuse.

Bloody amazing technology is included in the Evo ll pro, I must admit.
Am I excited - yes, I'm very excited so much so I'm going somewhere different today to get some more flying experience :rolleyes:

evo ii pro is my second drone i bought. i love it to death. i would recommend you pick up or make a landing pad to keep the drone off grass. pick up some extra propellers and have fun :)

took it out of the box and looked at the settings on my phone with the props off, at home on the dining table.

Had no 'update' message appear on the screen, thought that was a bit weird as every video I watch shows the download message and says to download the latest software.
looked at some videos about setting it up for first flight, many put a cable from the larger 'outlet' on the right side of the two outlets on the console to the phone, where some did it using the (smaller connection - on the left) cable that come with the Evo ll pro to the phone, as I have done.

Went out to a park and did some take off's and return to home quick trips with some interesting photo opportunities between landings :)

I loved the flying experience, by mistake first time I sat under a big tree for some shade, soon figured it is not how you fly a drone, so put the drone out on the grass in the sun.
It took off, well went up about 2 mt, hovered awaiting my input, and I sent it on its merry way, after a while I pressed the 'home' button and she come back, at or near the starting point went up higher, I thought I had lost it at that point, and then come down to land. The landing/takeoff point was just out of the reach of the tree and the Evo would move away from the branch's, and come back down to the exact same piece of ground it left from.

Not yet up with the correct 'terminology' about the technical stuff like 'outlets' on the controller, sorry bout that, I'm in West Australia, we get the sunshine B4 most people, so that is my excuse.

Am I excited - yes, I'm very excited so much so I'm going somewhere different today to get some more flying experience :rolleyes:
Congratulations on your new E2P!?

Reactions: Mainey
evo ii pro is my second drone i bought. i love it to death. i would recommend you pick up or make a landing pad to keep the drone off grass. pick up some extra propellers and have fun :)
Yes,
have one on order through Amazon as have no shop with-in 200 Km
have 2 x replacements blades in the box.

I have just now bought 2 x high speed, 128GB/1024GB USB drive Micro SD Micro SDHC Micro SD SDHC card 10 UHS-1 TF memory card + card reader.

Thinking about it now it looks weird as on the screen (laptop) it said it was a 128GB card.

Have I stuffed up ??

Paul

I have just now bought 2 x high speed, 128GB/1024GB USB drive Micro SD Micro SDHC Micro SD SDHC card 10 UHS-1 TF memory card + card reader.

Thinking about it now it looks weird as on the screen (laptop) it said it was a 128GB card.

Have I stuffed up ??

Paul
got a picture of it?

2020 new PNY high speed128GB/1024GB USB drive Micro SD Micro SDHC card
It says it is 128gb so I hope it will work with the Evo ll pro??
high speed 128gb sd card.jpeg

Attachments

• high speed 128gb sd card.jpeg
    high speed 128gb sd card.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
I also have a new Evo ll Pro w/rugged pack. 4 batteries and a charging block. I'm new to drones and have only made three flights in a week. It's cold and very windy here in Utah the last week. I had an update message when I first powered up and connected to my iPhone 10XR. It took two tries to update, but eventually, all was well. I put each of the 4 batteries in the drone and connected to the controller and iPhone, but only got an update message on the first battery. Is this normal?

I also bought a Marco Polo tracker, but I'm not sure where to attach it to the Evo ll. Does anyone have experience with the Marco Polo and Evo ll?

Sir, the photos and videos are saved on a removable micro SD card. On my Evo (1) it's on the right hand side.

I just purchased the same package with 3 batteries. just learning the controls over the last few days. I'm in northern Los Angeles county. we should practice timetime and share thoughts.

thanks
Scott

For Firmware update the app must first be connected to a proper WiFi and Autel's server must be available. It is occasionally offline.

For the USB cabe it depends on your type of phone. Both ports left and right can be used for connecting a phone. In my case had to buy a custom Lightning cable. Those cables shipped with the EVO 2 Pro Rugged Bundle V1 did not work for my phone.

IMG_2084.jpg

Have I stuffed up ??

Hi Paul,

My Evo 2 Pro has a maximum SD-card handling of 128 GB I believe. I would be amazed if a 1024 GB card also goes. So I think your drone formats it as 128 and cannot address the rest.

Apart from that I had issues with a SanDisk Extreme PRO card for it not having enough sustained write speed for 60 FPS video in ALOG at 4K resolution. So I got myself a v90 type SD-card of 128 GB that does the job smooth.

however my Evo 2 Pro is from the first generation that came with the V1 chip, maybe if you got yourself the V2 chip edition the maximum storage was silently increased, I certainly haven't heard about this...

can anyone confirm either case?

I have issues doing firmware updates with any SD-card larger than 64GB despite trying multiple brands. No issues as long as the card is 64GB or smaller with a U3 write speed.

Hi Paul,

My Evo 2 Pro has a maximum SD-card handling of 128 GB I believe. I would be amazed if a 1024 GB card also goes. So I think your drone formats it as 128 and cannot address the rest.

Apart from that I had issues with a SanDisk Extreme PRO card for it not having enough sustained write speed for 60 FPS video in ALOG at 4K resolution. So I got myself a v90 type SD-card of 128 GB that does the job smooth.

however my Evo 2 Pro is from the first generation that came with the V1 chip, maybe if you got yourself the V2 chip edition the maximum storage was silently increased, I certainly haven't heard about this...

can anyone confirm either case?
Same here...6K 30FPS A-LOG with Sandisk Extreme Pro = 1 Warning: card is SLOW!...
For sure it can handle it, as same card is on E2E and sustains same data without Warning...but sometimes just warns me.
I have purchased some V90 Kingston Canvas React PLUS 64Gb and a V90 USB 3.0 reader...Maaannnn...that was crazy !
The drone can use V90 (of course, not as V90 but V30, there is no second row of pins for V90), but the burst rate writing that card is FAST...and not to mention when I get it home and copy from it with that V90 reader...Is light speed...
So...on my opinion, as you need 2 cards with you , take 2 x 64 Gb V90...Will have more advantages...also you don't risk a full 128Gb card to get corrupted, as you can loose a lot more... :)
Cheers.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN