Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Zoom question

HWKIDD

Reaction score
can anyone explain where you can do the 8x zoom with just the controller, can not seem to find it, can on my phone and Tablet, but not with just the controller, Using Android system, It works great if your using your phone, but sometimes, I might not, and when I go in the display on the controller, I can not find it, Might be me, but could use some help, thanks in advance

can anyone explain where you can do the 8x zoom with just the controller, can not seem to find it, can on my phone and Tablet, but not with just the controller, Using Android system, It works great if your using your phone, but sometimes, I might not, and when I go in the display on the controller, I can not find it, Might be me, but could use some help, thanks in advance
Sadly, Autel has decided that since the screen on the controller has no touch capability, to not support the digital zoom capability on the controller alone. Yet, even in the Autel Explorer app, you can select that option solely using the controls on the controller without touching the screen. I have requested that feature as well, as the controller is fully capable of supporting it, if they would simply add the programming for it. Our lips to their ears! Are you listening, Autel?

Reactions: ddows357
Sadly, Autel has decided that since the screen on the controller has no touch capability, to not support the digital zoom capability on the controller alone. Yet, even in the Autel Explorer app, you can select that option solely using the controls on the controller without touching the screen. I have requested that feature as well, as the controller is fully capable of supporting it, if they would simply add the programming for it. Our lips to their ears! Are you listening, Autel?
could you explain how you are using the controller to do the zoom whit your phone or tablet, I have to touch it on either, have not been able to find it, using the controller,,, thanks Ron

You can just pinch out on the tablet screen to see the various zoom levels, and release when you see the level of zoom you want. Alternatively, you press on the Display button to bring up the bottom controls, and use the scroll button to go to the far right, and then press to select Zoom and then scroll to select the zoom desired and press again. It is not very well documented.

You can just pinch out on the tablet screen to see the various zoom levels, and release when you see the level of zoom you want. Alternatively, you press on the Display button to bring up the bottom controls, and use the scroll button to go to the far right, and then press to select Zoom and then scroll to select the zoom desired and press again. It is not very well documented.
thanks
I have done the pinch on the screen, and I have tapped the screen, and bring up the scroll bar, I have now used the controller to bring up the bar and move up to the 8x, But I guess there is no where to do it if you not have a extra display screen, such as phone or tablet, I can not get it get there just on the controller, when I hit display, it opens up the screen, and I can scroll to the settings wheel, but it does not go beyond that... like is does on the display screen of the phone or tablet, using a android system and samsung phone and tablet,,

thanks

I have done the pinch on the screen, and I have tapped the screen, and bring up the scroll bar, I have now used the controller to bring up the bar and move up to the 8x, But I guess there is no where to do it if you not have a extra display screen, such as phone or tablet, I can not get it get there just on the controller, when I hit display, it opens up the screen, and I can scroll to the settings wheel, but it does not go beyond that... like is does on the display screen of the phone or tablet, using a android system and samsung phone and tablet,,
Exactly my point! Autel foolishly disabled the digital zoom while using only the RC. Clearly, it could easily have been enabled, as neither pinching nor touching the screen is absolutely required to use it even with a device attached. Yes, it may be easier when touching, but you can do it completely without touching the screen, so it could be enabled on the RC alone! Autel, are you listening? :rolleyes:

under the controller there are two buttons, I can not set. is it possible for use the zoom from the controller.

thank you in advance
The buttons underneath are more of an annoyance than useable. Digitally zooming from the controller by itself Is an often requested EVO feature (I requested it 4 months ago, too) , but Autel has not yet decided to enable that capability, despite the ease of doing so through the same submenu zoom access used with a connected tablet, implemented on the controller itself for all other submenus. Their thinking was that since you cannot pinch and stretch to zoom on the controller display, why enable zoom on it at all. Hopefully, they see the need for it, and do enable that capability in a future update. In the mean time, you can also zoom by pinching out on the phone screen, if you have one attached. It is still a stepped incremental zoom, where you have to stop to select the zoom change you desire, rather than a smooth linear zoom as you pinch out, but it works.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo