Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

XStar at bottem of the lake | Drone replaced!

digital4narchy

Reaction score
So, 4th of July week.

Drone ended up in Lake Cocolalla here in north Idaho.

Compass issue I suspect. Its in the lake I was super bummed.

I cant believe this.They replaced it, I was pretty bummed over the lack of info / updates to firmware to blatant issues....

Totally redeemed. I had this for more than 8 months, and never had any issues Ill get yall the full thread later....

2 weeks later, new drone....unbelievable.

______AUTEL EMAIL FROM TIM_____

Hello Jeremy
Thank you for sending me that log and being honest throughout everything. From what I can tell is that the aircraft had some sort of a malfunction. Where that was a prop broke in flight, or it hit a bird I can't tell. The aircraft never flips or goes inverted so all 4 rotors would have to have been still creating lift to some degree. Any unbalance instantly flips it over.
So I will cover this under warranty since we cannot determine the issue. Can you send me the following info so I can get this started.

1. Digital Copy of Proof of Purchase
2. First and Last Name
3. Contact phone number
4. Your Shipping Address
5. Retail Serial Number or Aircraft Serial Number (This is located on a white card that was included in packaging or on the plastic sleeve that was wrapped around the hard case. It should start with "X". The Aircraft serial number can be found on the side of the X-Star and begins with "UXS...")

Tim M
Customer Support
AUTEL ROBOTICS
www.AutelRobotics.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

That right there is why I'm waiting. You just don't see that kind of CS these days.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
I do have to say, that is very impressive! Not too many companies that stand behind their products like that nowadays.

ya i was pretty impressed really. This one doesn't feel as "solid" i think the radio has different resistances on the sticks.

still though lol i am lucky and was blown away by the service guys

ha i know pretty unreal. I was mapping the lake I'm headed up tomorrow to finish...lol?

good job! on replacement autel how about adding these to the autel store
would saved your drone

I cant find a place to buy that lol, I need it.....badly... I was making some pontoons, but these are great.... Note sure theyre worth 250 bucks tho....

I show them available today for $139.00 Which is more compatible, Phantom 3 or 4 Std? I primarily fly over lakes and the coast, but I want to get the correct one. Kewl!

I show them available today for $139.00 Which is more compatible, Phantom 3 or 4 Std? I primarily fly over lakes and the coast, but I want to get the correct one. Kewl!

Two 3ft wooden dowels with an empty water bottle attached to each end.
Mounted on the landing struts............ its ugly but it Works
The bigger the water bottle...... higher ground clearance and this WILL FLOAT

Reactions: JimDogs
So, 4th of July week.

Drone ended up in Lake Cocolalla here in north Idaho.

Compass issue I suspect. Its in the lake I was super bummed.

I cant believe this.They replaced it, I was pretty bummed over the lack of info / updates to firmware to blatant issues....

Totally redeemed. I had this for more than 8 months, and never had any issues Ill get yall the full thread later....

2 weeks later, new drone....unbelievable.

______AUTEL EMAIL FROM TIM_____

Hello Jeremy
Thank you for sending me that log and being honest throughout everything. From what I can tell is that the aircraft had some sort of a malfunction. Where that was a prop broke in flight, or it hit a bird I can't tell. The aircraft never flips or goes inverted so all 4 rotors would have to have been still creating lift to some degree. Any unbalance instantly flips it over.
So I will cover this under warranty since we cannot determine the issue. Can you send me the following info so I can get this started.

1. Digital Copy of Proof of Purchase
2. First and Last Name
3. Contact phone number
4. Your Shipping Address
5. Retail Serial Number or Aircraft Serial Number (This is located on a white card that was included in packaging or on the plastic sleeve that was wrapped around the hard case. It should start with "X". The Aircraft serial number can be found on the side of the X-Star and begins with "UXS...")

Tim M
Customer Support
AUTEL ROBOTICS
www.AutelRobotics.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
I had a similar problem, was camping up in Whitefish, Montana and took the XSP up for a morning flight. About 40 seconds into a normal flight, the gimbal went limp and the drone became unresponsive to commands. It flew out over the water, then turned and flew back inland, crashing into some trees. It sustained significant damage. I emailed customer service, and Tim Matthews got back to me promptly. Long story short, Autel CS warrantied it and is sending me a new one. Can't wait to get it, should be here tomorrow.

Thanks Autel!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigbit
Well, the XSP arrived yesterday, and I couldn't be happier! In addition to the replacement drone, gimbal/camera, and battery (along with my same controller), they included 2 new sets of props, extra battery charger, extra lanyard, extra repair kit, and everything works great!

Yesterday, I primed and painted an old set of props chrome. They turned out really smooth, not changing the profile of the props, but they are smoother than without paint :)
344f0e8d50060b55c9945b57db353604.jpg
cbba8092e3d3bc0ed3d77c3483f2b6b8.jpg
27e33702d85f55e50d87e71004eb9036.jpg
30b5484eef184757a9dbc0f5aacaefff.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials