Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Where is the Evo Lite remote ID serial number?

SBJBW

Reaction score
I just received my Evo Lite Plus and went to the FAA Drone Zone to register it. Their first question asks if it has Remote ID. I answered Yes. Then they want the remote ID serial number. The only place I can find something like that is in the Safety section of the Autel Sky App. It lists the same number as the aircraft serial number, and the FAA site says that is not valid. So what/where is a valid number?

I have firmware V 1.8.3 and Autel Sky V 1.6.2

Go to Settings > Saftey

Scroll down you will see Remote ID ... broadcasting. If you tap there it will reveal the Id number

That’s what I did, and that’s the number the FAA said was not valid. It sounds like I should contact the FAA and ask them what’s wrong with it.

That’s what I did, and that’s the number the FAA said was not valid. It sounds like I should contact the FAA and ask them what’s wrong with it.
It may not be valid YET. I think they are still doing submissions and approvals. You have until Sept 16th and if it doesn't have RID then, oh well, fly it anyway. I think there will likely be at least a 3 month grace period. Maybe much longer in more rural areas.

Go to Settings > Saftey

Scroll down you will see Remote ID ... broadcasting. If you tap there it will reveal the Id number
Fire up your controller and look thru the menu.
Check this out also.
Courtesy of Pilot Institute and You Tube. ;)

The FAA replied to my Remote ID serial number question in a very timely manner. They said:

Check both your aircraft and the controller. Your remote ID serial number will begin with 1748C......

I can’t find such a number anywhere. I guess I should ask Autel. Maybe it’s coming in a future firmware update.

If you go to the Declaration of Compliance website (see links below) and search for your aircraft, with a filter for RID. You will most likely not see your aircraft serial number being included. As stated before, Autel has submitted additional aircraft serial numbers for approval. Until your aircraft serial number is approved, you select "No" for "Does your aircraft have RID?"

After the FAA approves your aircraft serial number, just go back into Drone Zone and update that question with a "Yes" and add the RID serial number.

DOC list: https://faadronezone-access.faa.gov/

DroneZone: https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

Hope this helped.

This mystery about the Lite+ RID serial number has reached a curious point. The FAA told me the number should begin with “1748C….”. When I passed that info on to Autel, they told me that the Lite series were made with two different RID serial number formats. One begins with “1748C….” and the other begins with “LTO….” and is the same as the aircraft serial number, and that is what my drone has. Autel says it is good For RID. I passed that info back to the FAA, and have not heard back from them. So I will just keep flying.

And BTW, all of my interactions with Autel customer support were timely and professional. I know some folks have complained, but I have no problems with them.

Try entering that number into the RID serial # for your registration.

You’ll get an error message, just as I did.

Yes. That’s what I did. I got the error message and it started this thread. I suggested to Autel that they make sure the FAA is aware of this two-format RID number situation, and I provided the FAA with the emails that Autel sent to me.

It may not be valid YET. I think they are still doing submissions and approvals. You have until Sept 16th and if it doesn't have RID then, oh well, fly it anyway. I think there will likely be at least a 3 month grace period. Maybe much longer in more rural areas.
"Maybe much longer in more rural areas."
Why?
I already have to drive 6 hours to take the 'test' for part 107 thanks to the FAA big brother network.

I have finally succeeded in registering the remote ID for my Lite+. After several emails with Autel tech support, they escalated the problem up the chain. About a week later, I got a reply to try “1748CLT0xxxx”, where xxxx is the rest of the drone serial number. That worked. Note that they said LT{zero}, not LT{letter O}, which is what is in the drone serial number. That is, 1748CLT0xxxxx, not 1748CLTOxxxx. A subtle difference. The latter was one of their earlier suggestions, and it didn’t work. But thanks to Autel tech support sticking with the problem, the job got done. I have no complaints about their tech support. But why all this was a problem in the first place is another matter.

I have finally succeeded in registering the remote ID for my Lite+. After several emails with Autel tech support, they escalated the problem up the chain. About a week later, I got a reply to try “1748CLT0xxxx”, where xxxx is the rest of the drone serial number. That worked. Note that they said LT{zero}, not LT{letter O}, which is what is in the drone serial number. That is, 1748CLT0xxxxx, not 1748CLTOxxxx. A subtle difference. The latter was one of their earlier suggestions, and it didn’t work. But thanks to Autel tech support sticking with the problem, the job got done. I have no complaints about their tech support. But why all this was a problem in the first place is another matter.
Thank you!!!

Reactions: RichL and bedellrt
Thanks so much for sharing this. It worked.

I also agree with you in wondering why the proper remote id serial number doesn't display in the app. I have a DJI drone and their app shows the correct Remote ID serial number.

Ok, I just flew one battery to see if the dronescanner app would see my drone, since the FAA accepted my aircraft SN, when I updated the RID question to yes.

Until the last firmware update the FAA rejected it with an error message.

The dronescanner app did not see my drone.

It could be operator error but I’m leaning to the drone not transmitting anything.

Thank you so much for this post. I was also able to finally register my Evo Lite+ by adding 1748C to the beginning, and change the O to 0.

I would be suspect, if like me, an app like dronescanner cannot see your drone transmitting a RID.

There are penalties for falsifying FAA Registrations, whether wittingly or unwittingly.

What has happened about autel evo lite remote id .
This aircraft s/n 1748CLTO can't be registered.
I do know if you use 0 zero instead it can.
But when I check serial number lookup the 1748CLTO it does show it is accept it.
So why can't I register with 1748CLTO?

What has happened about autel evo lite remote id .
This aircraft s/n 1748CLTO can't be registered.
I do know if you use 0 zero instead it can.
But when I check serial number lookup the 1748CLTO it does show it is accept it.
So why can't I register with 1748CLTO?
I am wondering the same thing. My concern is that the aircraft is most likely transmitting the version with the letter O, not the number 0, since the Autel Sky app shows my RID serial number as starting with 1748CLTO (letter O).
Even if FAADroneZone the version with a zero, I assume that we could get in trouble if the aircraft is broadcasting the letter O.
The series that begins with 1748CLTO is definitely in the DOC CSV file, so I'm really surprised that DroneZone doesn't accept them yet. It does accept variants with 1748CLTG and 1748CLTW.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58