Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Premium & X-Star WiFi FIrmware Issues Version Now @ 2.0.12 Final

First test on the Beta Firmware
1. Could not set the camera EV to 0 in the settings. It would only stay on + 0.3
( however the histogram looked ok )
2. First battery instal I had message of “ unknown battery” i ignored this and got rid of it by the old reset method “ off / on “
3. Took off at a low level ..walked up a small hill ..filmed and went to land to change battery and it did land very fast ? i assume i may have expected that ?
4. yaw is fixed ..but may lower the default value
5. Orbit mode worked a treat.
The feedback above is from an Android tablet. Will try on my ipad to see if the camera issue goes away.

UPDATE : the EV setting was still there on the ipad

Regards, Cider Boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigbit
I just sent this to them as well.

I had a sec to grab a screenshot and attached it. A question I have with this shot, besides the warning, is the circle at the top with the arrow that represents the XSP.

In this shot, the xsp is physically pointing almost exactly to my position, which is in the red circle (in the shade!). But the representation of the xsp is pointing to the left.

I don't know what that means. Where is that supposed to be pointing?

View attachment 800

I have the xstar since April of 2016 and the arrow was never pointing in the correct direction....never got a good answer from autel!

Reactions: WildDoktor
I have the xstar since April of 2016 and the arrow was never pointing in the correct direction....never got a good answer from autel!

Please open a support ticket with Autel so they know it's not just a new FW issue...

First test on the Beta Firmware
1. Could not set the camera EV to 0 in the settings. It would only stay on + 0.3
( however the histogram looked ok )
2. First battery instal I had message of “ unknown battery” i ignored this and got rid of it by the old reset method “ off / on “
3. Took off at a low level ..walked up a small hill ..filmed and went to land to change battery and it did land very fast ? i assume i may have expected that ?
4. yaw is fixed ..but may lower the default value
5. Orbit mode worked a treat.
The feedback above is from an Android tablet. Will try on my ipad to see if the camera issue goes away.

UPDATE : the EV setting was still there on the ipad

Regards, Cider Boy.

I just updated the firmware and starlink and took it up to look to see what has changed.....where is the setting for the yaw???

Go to Settings, the left-most tab; scroll to the bottom, you’ll see “advanced settings”. Select that, you’ll see “EXP”. Select that and you can either enter a numeric value between 0.2 and 0.7, or slide the curve with your finger to adjust.

Update on two issues from Kenneth AR
We are testing a preliminary fix for the errant NFZ reporting. If all goes well expect to see an update early next week.

The update will include 2 changes ONLY:

1) NFZ altitude report bug

2) Auto-landing speed is decreased by about 20%

Reactions: Delta Blue
We are testing a preliminary fix for the errant NFZ reporting. If all goes well expect to see an update early next week.

That will be a welcome relief!

This would be great. I have held off on updating, though I did download the firmware in case it disappears, seeing if they got a few kinks worked out. I would definitely update if they fixed these two issues.

If you guys that are having the NFZ and auto-landing issues haven't sent your log files to support yet...please do! Autel is requesting them.

I sent mine in yesterday and got "thank you"'s from both Mistty and Hongfei. Now this feedback about the FW and the company from Kenneth AR? Very refreshing!

If you guys that are having the NFZ and auto-landing issues haven't sent your log files to support yet...please do! Autel is requesting them.

I sent mine in yesterday and got "thank you"'s from both Mistty and Hongfei. Now this feedback about the FW and the company from Kenneth AR? Very refreshing!

How do you get log files to send? I'm new to all of this.

Flew for the first time after installing beta firmware and had no problems. Much better handling now, seems as responsive if not a little more responsive than my DJI P3S. Battery didn't seem to last as long but that may have been because it was a bit windy when I took it out. Didn't see the NFZ issue that a few of you had mentioned.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Flew for the first time after installing beta firmware and had no problems. Much better handling now, seems as responsive if not a little more responsive than my DJI P3S. Battery didn't seem to last as long but that may have been because it was a bit windy when I took it out. Didn't see the NFZ issue that a few of you had mentioned.
Is your download the updated version then?

Is your download the updated version then?
Not sure which version it is (I'm at work right now so can't check), although I downloaded it only a day or two after it came out, so I'm guessing it's the original beta release. Is the updated version (with the NFZ and autoland fixes) available yet?

Not sure which version it is (I'm at work right now so can't check), although I downloaded it only a day or two after it came out, so I'm guessing it's the original beta release. Is the updated version (with the NFZ and autoland fixes) available yet?
That's why I was asking, to see whether your download is the version the techs were working on to fix the hard landing and NFZ since the FW release first came out. I got it the first day and had those two issues like most had.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d