Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star premium pretty much an expensive paper weight now?

pghgamer

Reaction score
So here's the quandry:

Before updating firmware on aircraft, controller, and batteries XSP flew wonderfully on my Android Tablet. Now, using same tablet, I can't get the Starlink app to work. So, I Bought a new tablet and the Starlink app is no longer offered?!? I started using my iPhone to fly FPV and the video is so choppy..refresh rate every second or 2?!?...Has anyone experienced this? I've only flown a dozen hours since owning it. This thing is pretty much useless now. It flies fine, the video recordings are wonderful, but FPV flight is pointless.

I've cleaned the contacts on gimbel-- didn't fix the issue. I've used several different USB cords connected to both Android Tablet and iPhone 10-- didn't fix issue.
With the lack of support for the XSP from Autel, how can they establish any brand loyalty for people to buy the Evo & Evo II?

I'm completely at a loss and so disappointed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~ John

Reactions: Auburnweedkiller
Mine has developed similar issues, even to the point of complete disconnect from the RC. Luckily RTH kicked in and brought it back. I tried the same as you to fix. No luck. From my research, it could be the WiFi module giving up the ghost. Haven,t had time to investigate further. Want to take it to a distant field away from possible interference issues around here to check.

Like everyone else that has this problem I still believe its a bad connection between the camera and drone. I have had luck with the ink eraser and contact cleaner trick. I was out this morning and flew a whole battery. When landing it was not one of my better ones and it bounced on the ground. That is when I had the disconnect which also makes me feel it is a bad connection between the gimbal plate and drone. There is also that cable wire inside. perhaps the ends need cleaning but it requires taking 2 of the damping balls off to separate the plates to get at the cable.

Like everyone else that has this problem I still believe its a bad connection between the camera and drone. I have had luck with the ink eraser and contact cleaner trick. I was out this morning and flew a whole battery. When landing it was not one of my better ones and it bounced on the ground. That is when I had the disconnect which also makes me feel it is a bad connection between the gimbal plate and drone. There is also that cable wire inside. perhaps the ends need cleaning but it requires taking 2 of the damping balls off to separate the plates to get at the cable.
I flew last night. My android tablet app wouldn’t even connect to XSP. Luckily I had phone and used that. However, the video feed was so choppy (iPhone 10). It’s almost unbearable to fly and is forcing me to seriously consider selling. Never had issues until Autel basically abandoned this model. I did take off gimbal, clean contacts, but it didn’t help.

Sounds like what Goober has mentioned. Your Wi-Fi module is giving up. It was not uncommon with the X-Star series.

Sounds like what Goober has mentioned. Your Wi-Fi module is giving up. It was not uncommon with the X-Star series.
Even when just connecting via usb to micro-usb cable from tablet to controller? I'm not using wifi at all with Premium. Perhaps you're referring to the 900MHz video module of XSP controller? I'm getting a strong video signal icon on the controller and app, though. Hmmm. I'm vexed

Even when just connecting via usb to micro-usb cable from tablet to controller? I'm not using wifi at all with Premium. Perhaps you're referring to the 900MHz video module of XSP controller? I'm getting a strong video signal icon on the controller and app, though. Hmmm. I'm vexed
Got it to work! New tablet, reinstalled the apk app and it worked. Have no clue why, but it does and I’m happy. Whew. I thought I was going to have to make another big ticket purchase. Thanks for all the input.

Reactions: Goober
Got it to work! New tablet, reinstalled the apk app and it worked. Have no clue why, but it does and I’m happy. Whew. I thought I was going to have to make another big ticket purchase. Thanks for all the input.

Hey, that is great news! Thanks for the update. Will try reloading app on my tablet and see if anything changes. I can't see how a faulty app would cause a signal interruption (in my case), but what do I know... :rolleyes: Stranger things have happened to me.

Just in case - does anyone have a link to a disassemble page/video for the XSP? Seems like I saw a page/video of replacing a cracked body shell, but can't find it again. Thanks in advance.

Yep, that's the one. You da man, Augustine! Thanks! If I have to crack it open, I just want to check for any loose connectors, pinched wires, etc. I don't have any test equipment other than a VOM. This will be a last resort.

And - according to the guy's warning - I =do= know how to check my oil.... :D ?

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Yep, that's the one. You da man, Augustine! Thanks! If I have to crack it open, I just want to check for any loose connectors, pinched wires, etc. I don't have any test equipment other than a VOM. This will be a last resort.

And - according to the guy's warning - I =do= know how to check my oil.... :D ?
I don't know exactly what type of problem you're having, but last summer I had a problem with my Mavic 2 pro where the video feed would cut out and the app would disconnect. It turned out that for whatever reason, the app became corrupted, and I had to reinstall it and the problem was solved. I thought it was pretty strange.

Did you try that link? I wonder why they ever removed it from the play store?

This was an interesting discussion. I haven't flown my X-Star Premium for YEARS, due mainly to health stuff that took me out of town for several years. Drat! But now I want to blow the dust off and see if any of my five batteries might still be rechargeable. I've never bothered with any software or hardware upgrades so I assume if it gets up and running I won't be bothered with any of that geo-fencing BS. I'll be back with any results I obtain. Love live the X-Star premium!!!

Reactions: EBERLS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials