Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star batteries

Well I have a space in my house just for RC stuff. Not just UAV's but trucks, cars and anything flying from helicopters to toy drones. When they become old and cannot fly any more the become hangers from the ceiling or on shelves. I see a lot of x-stars for sale around 400-650 depending on how many batteries they have. I'm not into shipping stuff half way across the world so mine will find a permanent home someplace in my RC room. I figure when I die my kid can have me stuffed and added to the room ? ?;)

• Haha
Reactions: xspwhite
I'm the same. I don't mind selling it but I can't imagine trying to ship it.

Reactions: xspwhite
That's why I'm considering parting it out. Used batteries are going for about 150 on fleabay. I've got two good ones. Then you got the controller, charger and the camera/gimbal. I'd probably trash the rest, even the case.

Email from Autel.

Thank you for reaching out to us via social media on our Owner's Group. I want to start off by acknowledging your frustration as an X Star owner who is no longer able to purchase batteries. The X Star Premium is still a great platform that plenty of users enjoy every day or on a frequent basis. I understand that you are one of those users.

We as a company decided to announce the end of the life span on the X Star series back in late 2017, with production and sales ending in early 2018. At that time we did determine that we would continue to support the model with some accessories (such as batteries) as well as repair/technical support. We intended that to continue for the foreseeable future.

As of late July of this year, we have made the decision to no longer manufacture or sell X Star Premium batteries. This decision did not come lightly as we understand how important this model is for our original customer base, some of which have been with us since the earliest days of our existence. Ultimately, we felt that our resources could better be allocated to continue to develop and support the new Evo II line and look ahead to the future of what we can offer as a company.

Now, there is an option available to you since you are no longer able to purchase X Star batteries. I can offer you a 10% discount off of an Evo II 8K or an Evo II Pro. This is contingent on us receiving back the X Star with a gimbal and RC. We would love to go ahead get you up in the air with a new platform and keep you in the Autel Robotics family for your continued support throughout the years.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in. Either way I wish you a great Monday evening!

Best,

Alejandro R-V | Customer Service Supervisor
www.autelrobotics.com

Bought my X-Start Premium in January 2017 along with extra batteries. You lured me in with promises of interchangeable cameras and great customer support. Now 3 years later, I sit here with 3 dead batteries and an ugly orange shelf decoration. Now you're offering a measly 10% off toward a new purchase? Too many broken promises from Autel, not too many companies I trust less than you. Sorry.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo