Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

While in mission and if lost connection

noidsr

Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to plan my mission but have a question if anyone had a similar experience. If a connection is lost during the mission does the drone continue flying until battery is low or immediately goes back to home? I recall in Litchi a continuation is possible with DJI drones and they get back when their mission is completed.

Also a question how to plan a mission to circle an object or coordinates on the ground? Thanks!

It all depends on how you program the switch.
- He can complete the course alone.
is
- He returns to the starting point.

this is done in the flight options.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Hey guys, wanted to plan my mission but have a question if anyone had a similar experience. If a connection is lost during the mission does the drone continue flying until battery is low or immediately goes back to home? I recall in Litchi a continuation is possible with DJI drones and they get back when their mission is completed.

Also a question how to plan a mission to circle an object or coordinates on the ground? Thanks!
If I recall correctly. The mission continues while the connection is lost. It will continue unless the battery gets too low and RTH is initiated. I had this happen one time. The mission couldn't complete and the next signal i got, the drone was half way home. It's always a little bit unnerving when the signal is out and you have to depend on the drone to do its job all by itself. That's when it is a true drone. When it's all alone. doing what it was programmed to do.

... I would like to understand better, is it a normal routine to continue the mission with the signal lost or do you need to activate some option switch?

... I would like to understand better, is it a normal routine to continue the mission with the signal lost or do you need to activate some option switch?
Most software defaults are to continue a mission when signal is lost. But, the software can be programmed to do otherwise.

This is in the Waypoint mission settings (other types of missions have "Loss Action" setting in slightly different UI)
Screenshot_20210523-223710.png

I prefer to continue the mission when lost signal and next if I lose the signal then bring the drone back home because you cannot get to your drone at that point. not sure about the option to hover upon lost signal unless you are performing a mission where you know for sure you will lose the signal and you need a chance to go after the drone or move to another nearby location where you will reconnect for sure and then complete the mission. I guess the drone will hover and then come home if it hovers for too long. is there an option to land because you know it won't make it home or you don't want to risk it?

if you want to stop the mission so you can reposition yourself, just hit the pause button, I think that will work. just thinking aloud about the usefulness of the other options.

also a question, how do you program your drone to hover for 5 minutes during a mission (without using pause) or maybe you could just move at 2mph?

Hi guys!

If "continue" is selected under the loss actions tab, will the drone stop for a while to regain connection before continuing mission (as selected)?

I had intermittent signal on and off. The drone seem to have taken a longer duration than usual. Want to check is it that it would start and stop as it regain and lose signal in such a intermittent situation.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials