Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Resume mission after battery change - glitch?

Jack_K

Reaction score
So I've encountered a bit of a glitch when flying in RTK mode. When a battery change is required, the drone comes home, I change the battery, and power the aircraft back up. No issues. Upon the controller reconnecting to the drone, I'm immediately prompted to "RESUME MISSION - YES OR NO". If I choose YES, the mission uploads and things should proceed. However, the drone won't takeoff unless it has an RTK fix, and it does not like to do that from a stationary location on the ground. Sometimes I can pick it up and take it for a walk and it will get a fix. Other times I have to turn off the RTK, launch the aircraft, then turn RTK back on and zip around for a bit.

Here lies the problem, if i chose NO during the resume mission prompt so I can properly get an RTK fix, the drone completely forgets where it left off and I'm SOL. If I choose YES to resume the mission, the drone just sits there staring at me and can't takeoff because of the RTK lock issue.

Has anyone found an elegant way around this. This has to be a common issue, right?

It's been awhile since I flew the Evo, but I think you can say No, get RTK back connected and then select the same mission again and it will ask you again if you want to continue and this time you select Yes. Have you tried that? I agree it is wonky.

It's been awhile since I flew the Evo, but I think you can say No, get RTK back connected and then select the same mission again and it will ask you again if you want to continue and this time you select Yes. Have you tried that? I agree it is wonky.
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried that specific course of action yet. It's extremely frustrating when I have to restart an 80 minute mission twice because the stupid drone or controller glitches when trying to resume, then I don't have enough batteries left to finish, then I wasted a whole day on an unsuccessful site visit.

This happened a week or so ago and we just wound up flying the mission manually. Dumb problem to have.

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried that specific course of action yet. It's extremely frustrating when I have to restart an 80 minute mission twice because the stupid drone or controller glitches when trying to resume, then I don't have enough batteries left to finish, then I wasted a whole day on an unsuccessful site visit.

This happened a week or so ago and we just wound up flying the mission manually. Dumb problem to have.

Software engineering is not Autel's strong point and unfortunately, they don't seem to have much interest in improving. This behavior has not changed in at least 2 years and 3 iterations of the Evo2.

It should work.

I ran out of battery during a mapping flight today, and after swapping batteries it gave me the question about resuming the flight... before my gimbal was ready, and before my GPS fix was where I wanted it. I sat and waited until those were ready then said sure, let's resume, and expected it would take right off... but what you're actually telling it isn't "yes, I want to resume flight right now" so much as "yes, I want to stay here in this mode with this mission loaded." You still have to hit the send button, and that's when answering the question about resuming matters: it'll let you either resume or restart the mission.

You should be able to get your RTK fix reestablished before you resume the mission.

After a batty swap, you have to restart the RTK data stream and then resume the mission.

The EVO II will re-fly the entire line it was one when the low battery warning popped up and the auto return to home auto initiated.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN