Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

which SD Card

I also use this same spec chip: SanDisk 128GB Extreme Micro SDXC Memory Card U3 A2 V30 SDSQXA1-128G-GN6MN.

This SD chip supports 100MB/s write speed when using a SanDisk custom SDDR-C531 or SDDR-B531 chip reader (as well as 170MB/s transfer speed to a computer, when using a nominal spec USB 3.x interface).

Note that the Nano/Nano+ support recording speeds up to 100MB/s, so to avail of the full aircraft spec, this chip will match spec with the aircraft.

For reliability, the chips have historically been champs (who knows what one might get during the current great chip shortage). Neither the SDDR-C531 nor SDDR-B531 are known to be outright bad devices (they aren't SD chip killers) -- however, in my case at least I have found the reader to be a bit picky, occasionally requiring a bit of insistence is pressing and fitting it, in order to get a clean read. Never an outright failure, but it has been what it is, for me. Still, "would buy again" and so on.

I use the Samsung Evo Select (on Amazon) for all my drones. It's a great price and I've never had one fail (I own several dozen). Make sure to look at the U3/V30 version (it's a teal color) or equivalent spec on any card you buy, and you'll be fine.

Reactions: ztectic
Thx, but now it's irrelevant. My Autel Plus was delivered completely defect! First I noticed that none of my SD-Cards work, also the gimble and the camera and the seller want to put the defects on my side and didn't want to refund

Thx, but now it's irrelevant. My Autel Plus was delivered completely defect! First I noticed that none of my SD-Cards work, also the gimble and the camera and the seller want to put the defects on my side and didn't want to refund
Ouch. What vendor did you go through? I would file a dispute with your credit card.

Note that the Nano/Nano+ support recording speeds up to 100MB/s, so to avail of the full aircraft spec, this chip will match spec with the aircraft.
No, the V-30 spec is 30 MB/s sustained minimum write speed which can also be expressed as 240 Mbps, the difference is every B(yte) is comprised of 8 b(its). The Nano specification for bus speed is 100 Mbps, not 100 MB/s.
A V-30 card is more than twice as fast as required for all current Autel drones

No, the V-30 spec is 30 MB/s sustained minimum write speed which can also be expressed as 240 Mbps, the difference is every B(yte) is comprised of 8 b(its). The Nano specification for bus speed is 100 Mbps, not 100 MB/s.
A V-30 card is more than twice as fast as required for all current Autel drones
And thus a mystery is resolved. The SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 128GB chip has published read rate capacity of 170 MB/s, as I have stated, and 90 MB/s write speed. My real world experience has been 170 MB/s read and 100 MB/s write, when using the adapter I referenced above. You can see the manufacturer's published spec here:

As for the utility of the SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 128GB as both an onboard recording medium, and as an ultra high speed transfer medium for external transfer, the spec of the chip combined with the Mbb/s (rather than MB/s) target write rate for the aircraft, amplifies that it's a great candidate chip. Particularly for multiple flight 4K resolution recorders who seek maximum post mission transfer speeds to computers.

Thanks for the clarification.

And thus a mystery is resolved. The SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 128GB chip has published read rate capacity of 170 MB/s, as I have stated, and 90 MB/s write speed. My real world experience has been 170 MB/s read and 100 MB/s write, when using the adapter I referenced above. You can see the manufacturer's published spec here:

As for the utility of the SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 128GB as both an onboard recording medium, and as an ultra high speed transfer medium for external transfer, the spec of the chip combined with the Mbb/s (rather than MB/s) target write rate for the aircraft, amplifies that it's a great candidate chip. Particularly for multiple flight 4K resolution recorders who seek maximum post mission transfer speeds to computers.

Thanks for the clarification.
tl/dr; sorry, you lost me when you conflated bits and bytes and don't get a do-over on dispensing advice about same

tl/dr; sorry, you lost me when you conflated bits and bytes and don't get a do-over on dispensing advice about same

I took your correction and specified how that spec works with the chip. It's not about me. It's about the spec.

You also lost me with the spec bullying, which is vulgar and passé. Speaking of passé, I'll pass on you. I don't care where you rank here, and I'll walk without a blink if I have to.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfhd

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso