Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

When you have a project that was started with Autel drones....

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
...Unfortunately...as if something breaks, need to have a back-up....so....in order to work with 7 x Evo 2 Pro, we have purchased 11 xEvo 2 Pro...
Why ?
Because Autel service is D.O.A.
God will help you, if you request a part for drone in order to repair it = ZERO answers from 2 months...all i need is a damn cable :))))...
What can I say....Good drones, worst service encountered, lowest respect for customers ever.

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_172918.jpg
    IMG_20220505_172918.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
...Unfortunately...as if something breaks, need to have a back-up....so....in order to work with 7 x Evo 2 Pro, we have purchased 11 xEvo 2 Pro...
Why ?
God will help you, if you request a part for drone in order to repair it = ZERO answers from 2 months...all i need is a damn cable :))))...
What can I say....Good drones, worst service encountered, lowest respect for customers ever.

I often wonder if they will still be in business 2yrs from now and I use extreme care with my one EVO II Pro because the last thing I want to do is go back to DJI.

Reactions: goldenu2
Why ?
Concur, last year picked up an E2 at good price as backup to E2P, as well as have extra controller, and another Livedeck. Downside is would like to have an extra E2P/6K camera vs. the 8K, however can make do for the most part with the 8K. Will add additional batteries over time with the overall idea of having backup/spare devices to last another couple years even if Autel goes DOA.

Reactions: GeoDrone SRL
Why ?
I hope you're making lots of money with all those drones!

I often wonder if they will still be in business 2yrs from now and I use extreme care with my one EVO II Pro because the last thing I want to do is go back to DJI.
The prepared drone pilot has different tools for different purposes. DJI still has the best, but Autel Robotics may launch when DJI won't. I have drones from both manufacturers for that reason. However, if I had known what I now know about Autel Robotics and their drones that I own, I would never have bought them in the first place. Hindsight is 20-20. DJI isn't going away within my lifetime! I've come to realize that there is more to a drone than just being able to see fly it without GEO, which is Autel Robotics' only real advantage. Their support is nonexistent! Get yourself a Mavic 3, and discover what you have been missing! 75 second stitched HiRes 360 panos, 4/3 sensor, 7x optical telephoto, 33-35 minute flight times, and an RC-Pro controller that isn't a brick, requiring a tray and a harness!

Reactions: herein2021
The prepared drone pilot has different tools for different purposes. DJI still has the best, but Autel Robotics may launch when DJI won't. I have drones from both manufacturers for that reason. However, if I had known what I now know about Autel Robotics and their drones that I own, I would never have bought them in the first place. Hindsight is 20-20. DJI isn't going away within my lifetime! I've come to realize that there is more to a drone than just being able to see fly it without GEO, which is Autel Robotics' only real advantage. Their support is nonexistent! Get yourself a Mavic 3, and discover what you have been missing! 75 second stitched HiRes 360 panos, 4/3 sensor, 7x optical telephoto, 33-35 minute flight times, and an RC-Pro controller that isn't a brick, requiring a tray and a harness!

I still have a DJI P4P and a DJI Air 2 for indoor flights, but I have not flown either since I got the EVO II. I agree the main advantage the Autels have over DJI is no geofencing, but for me that is enough to make it all worth it. Until you have gotten to a job site and had to tell the client that your perfectly functional drone won't take off due to geofencing it won't seem that important to you. Also, I lost my DJI Mavic Pro in the ocean due to a geofencing error, so no, I will never return to DJI as long as Autel stays in business.

One other thing that Autel does have that's better than DJI is their LOG curve is perfect. Unless DJI greatly improved their DLOG, DJI's log curve is unusable to me.

Reactions: jcb
I still have a DJI P4P and a DJI Air 2 for indoor flights, but I have not flown either since I got the EVO II. I agree the main advantage the Autels have over DJI is no geofencing, but for me that is enough to make it all worth it. Until you have gotten to a job site and had to tell the client that your perfectly functional drone won't take off due to geofencing it won't seem that important to you. Also, I lost my DJI Mavic Pro in the ocean due to a geofencing error, so no, I will never return to DJI as long as Autel stays in business.

One other thing that Autel does have that's better than DJI is their LOG curve is perfect. Unless DJI greatly improved their DLOG, DJI's log curve is unusable to me.
Candidly, GEO almost cost me one of my M2P's. I had inadvertently launched just outside one of my unlocks that I had used on the previous flight, and then flown inside of it, as I walked to an overlook over the ocean. Upon my return flight, it wouldn't fly any closer than 50 feet, as the the unlock creates an NFZ everywhere outside the unlock! It was hovering over the ocean, battery at 9%, and wouldn’t fly any closer. I had to fly 90° away, laterally, towards the nearby land, and chase it on foot. Eventually, I found a spot in the street, a block away, still within the unlock, and let it land there, while I ran to it, before a car could run over it! Battery was at 0%. Those unlocks become jails when you need to fly outside them! Lesson learned, without losing the aircraft in the ocean. Complete Authorization Zones around airports can now be unlocked by permission for a year at a time without defining a circle or a polygon unlock. They stay unlocked, so no toggling on or off, risking creating a nonexistent NFZ outside a circle or polygon unlock. That is a game changer for me!

The Autel cameras create great imagery, but their controllers and the app and forced landings limit their use for me to "DJI won't launch here" situations. 4.5 minutes for shooting an unstitched 360° pano is ridiculous! M3 does it in 75 seconds, and stitches a 60MB HiRes version, complete with a cloned in ceiling! M3's flight time now also replicates the EVO 2 Pro flight time, which was the EVO 2 Pro's only other advantage for me.

Candidly, GEO almost cost me one of my M2P's. I had inadvertently launched just outside one of my unlocks that I had used on the previous flight, and then flown inside of it, as I walked to an overlook over the ocean. Upon my return flight, it wouldn't fly any closer than 50 feet, as the the unlock creates an NFZ everywhere outside the unlock! It was hovering over the ocean, battery at 9%, and wouldn’t fly any closer. I had to fly 90° away, laterally, towards the nearby land, and chase it on foot. Eventually, I found a spot in the street, a block away, still within the unlock, and let it land there, while I ran to it, before a car could run over it! Battery was at 0%. Those unlocks become jails when you need to fly outside them! Lesson learned, without losing the aircraft in the ocean. Complete Authorization Zones around airports can now be unlocked by permission for a year at a time without defining a circle or a polygon unlock. They stay unlocked, so no toggling on or off, risking creating a nonexistent NFZ outside a circle or polygon unlock. That is a game changer for me!

The Autel cameras create great imagery, but their controllers and the app and forced landings limit their use for me to "DJI won't launch here" situations. 4.5 minutes for shooting an unstitched 360° pano is ridiculous! M3 does it in 75 seconds, and stitches a 60MB HiRes version, complete with a cloned in ceiling! M3's flight time now also replicates the EVO 2 Pro flight time, which was the EVO 2 Pro's only other advantage for me.

Mine did a forced landing 10' from shore into the ocean and it wasn't even in an NFZ. I hadn't updated the app in years, but got the Air 2 which needed a different app, after installing that app on the same tablet as the other DJI App for the Mavic Pro, my very next flight it force landed itself into the ocean. I was just very lucky it wasn't the side of a building or on top of a crowd or in incoming traffic. I haven't trusted DJI since.

Autel is definitely behind DJI in many ways (years in some ways), but none of it bothers me. The EVO II 6K continues to be rock solid reliable, handles the wind better than even the P4, and the camera meets my needs. I've shot over 100 panos with it by now, but I do them manually, post process through LR and do my own stitching in PTGui just like I did with my DJI drones so the amount of time it takes in auto mode doesn't matter to me. In fact, I am still running the original FW so my version of the FW doesn't even have that capability. My first drone was the P2 with a GoPro set to take pictures every 10 seconds while recording video from launch to landing so it doesn't take much to meet my needs.

Reactions: G_G
Mine did a forced landing 10' from shore into the ocean and it wasn't even in an NFZ. I hadn't updated the app in years, but got the Air 2 which needed a different app, after installing that app on the same tablet as the other DJI App for the Mavic Pro, my very next flight it force landed itself into the ocean. I was just very lucky it wasn't the side of a building or on top of a crowd or in incoming traffic. I haven't trusted DJI since.

Autel is definitely behind DJI in many ways (years in some ways), but none of it bothers me. The EVO II 6K continues to be rock solid reliable, handles the wind better than even the P4, and the camera meets my needs. I've shot over 100 panos with it by now, but I do them manually, post process through LR and do my own stitching in PTGui just like I did with my DJI drones so the amount of time it takes in auto mode doesn't matter to me. In fact, I am still running the original FW so my version of the FW doesn't even have that capability. My first drone was the P2 with a GoPro set to take pictures every 10 seconds while recording video from launch to landing so it doesn't take much to meet my needs.
The "gotcha" of the GEO circle and polygon unlock zones is that they create a false NFZ outside of the zone, and unless you take off inside that unlocked zone, you cannot return to your launch point! I learned that the hard way! Being able to now unlock an entire blue Authorization Zone without creating an artificial NFZ outside the Authorization Zone is a massive improvement in safety, and obviates the need for most circle and polygon unlocks, with the aforementioned gotchas!

Panos are my favorite output from drone flights. I have done over 500 of them, and most were shot and stitched manually as you are now doing. However, once the M3 FW update in January finally added them to its main 4/3 lens, along with a 60MB HiRes stitch, it's as good as the full sized PTGui stitches from the original images I was doing before. 75 seconds per pano allows shooting 10 or more along the way, over the same route that the M2P would cover, with no flight time left to do any! The 4/3 sensor creates awesome nighttime panos over the city during the "blue hour" after sunset.

I think it also takes much better jpg photos; I prefer DJI for RAW editing because of the 10-bit color in the Air 2S. But even this is often unnecessary if the photos are so good right off the SD card.

You could also add safety and security to the above; smart sensors and landing technology may not be that important to you until you have crashed a drone, and Autel does this WAY better than DJI!

I think it also takes much better jpg photos; I prefer DJI for RAW editing because of the 10-bit color in the Air 2S. But even this is often unnecessary if the photos are so good right off the SD card.

You could also add safety and security to the above; smart sensors and landing technology may not be that important to you until you have crashed a drone, and Autel does this WAY better than DJI!

Most RAW images out of modern cameras are 14bit. The bit depth of raw photos out of the EVO and Air 2S are probably both 14bit. when shooting video and H.265 compression the footage is 10bit 4:2:0. I have never shot a JPG image with my EVO II, but probably what you are seeing is a better color profile in the Autel for JPG images vs the DJI drone.

When shooting RAW with both drones, they should be very similar if not identical since they both use a 1" Sony sensor, possibly even the same sensor. One thing I do like about the EVO II is it has a narrower FOV vs the DJI drones so there is less distortion in the images and because I work with people quite a bit for my projects (events, promo videos, commercials, etc.) the longer lens lets me stay farther away from the subject which improves safety.

I do find the EVO II's sensors to be overly sensitive at times and have had to disable them to land in some tight spots but I agree, Autel's OA is better than any DJI drone I've used.

Reactions: G_G
Most RAW images out of modern cameras are 14bit. The bit depth of raw photos out of the EVO and Air 2S are probably both 14bit. when shooting video and H.265 compression the footage is 10bit 4:2:0. I have never shot a JPG image with my EVO II, but probably what you are seeing is a better color profile in the Autel for JPG images vs the DJI drone.

When shooting RAW with both drones, they should be very similar if not identical since they both use a 1" Sony sensor, possibly even the same sensor. One thing I do like about the EVO II is it has a narrower FOV vs the DJI drones so there is less distortion in the images and because I work with people quite a bit for my projects (events, promo videos, commercials, etc.) the longer lens lets me stay farther away from the subject which improves safety.

I do find the EVO II's sensors to be overly sensitive at times and have had to disable them to land in some tight spots but I agree, Autel's OA is better than any DJI drone I've used.
Fully agree...
IMX383 Sony sensor is unbeatable at this point, even by new appearances like Mavic 3 or Lite+.

By the way, I got Mini 3 Pro...the damn thing is Limited Range RGB even for 10 bit.... :))))))))) Did not know why my blacks are crushed in dark...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays