Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

what due you like about x star

paul holt

Reaction score
lets here good bad and the ugly thoughts about x star what you like what needs changing

Good:
1) Price Point per Feature
2) Customer Service
3) Orange Color
4) Outstanding RC
5) Great Distance out of the box
6) Strong shell.

Bad:
1) Requires a powerful tablet to keep the fpv from lagging terribly.
2) Inadequate RAW photo support. (Missing all EXIF Data)
3) No apparent Exposure Level Indicator displayed. (at least I can't find it anywhere)
4) Starlink App not nearly as refined as the Dji's Go App.

Ugly:
1) Aircraft/controls are no where near as refined as compared to a P3S. My P3S has superior flight characteristics.
2) The entire platform has a lot of work to get to the Phantom 3 series level. Currently my P3S is superior over my XSP with the exception of it's shell strength, and transition distance.

2 Example:
1) When this thing is auto-landing from high altitudes (>100'). Wow this think sounds/looks like it is going to come apart. Seems to smooth out @ 60 or feet but man the first time you see it, it's a little scary... My P3S is so smooth.
2) Simple GPS lock hovering.. My XSP is all over the place as compared to my P3S.

Reactions: Coop
Good:
1) Price Point per Feature
2) Customer Service
3) Orange Color
4) Outstanding RC
5) Great Distance out of the box
6) Strong shell.

Bad:
1) Requires a powerful tablet to keep the fpv from lagging terribly.
2) Inadequate RAW photo support. (Missing all EXIF Data)
3) No apparent Exposure Level Indicator displayed. (at least I can't find it anywhere)
4) Starlink App not nearly as refined as the Dji's Go App.

Ugly:
1) Aircraft/controls are no where near as refined as compared to a P3S. My P3S has superior flight characteristics.
2) The entire platform has a lot of work to get to the Phantom 3 series level. Currently my P3S is superior over my XSP with the exception of it's shell strength, and transition distance.

2 Example:
1) When this thing is auto-landing from high altitudes (>100'). Wow this think sounds/looks like it is going to come apart. Seems to smooth out @ 60 or feet but man the first time you see it, it's a little scary... My P3S is so smooth.
2) Simple GPS lock hovering.. My XSP is all over the place as compared to my P3S.
it works more like my p3a that one comes down fast . yes my p3s is a lot more smooth on landing mine stays put since I did firmware upgrade made a big difference on its performance

Whenever you are greater than 100 feet from landing it comes down very quickly until he reaches a point where the IPS start figuring out where it's at above the ground . Now you won't get the best positioning from IPS until it gets on further down to around 30 feet. This is because from the high level down to the 30 foot level it's trying to avoid going into stalling the propellers and losing lift.I don't know what your experience level is but I find the XSP to be superior in many many ways to the P3P. Price point and customer service are out standing. I use the Autel X*as a second back up aircraft for my Typhoon H. The camera works great .

Reactions: Rawdog
Whenever you are greater than 100 feet from landing it comes down very quickly until he reaches a point where the IPS start figuring out where it's at above the ground . Now you won't get the best positioning from IPS until it gets on further down to around 30 feet. This is because from the high level down to the 30 foot level it's trying to avoid going into stalling the propellers and losing lift.I don't know what your experience level is but I find the XSP to be superior in many many ways to the P3P. Price point and customer service are out standing. I use the Autel X*as a second back up aircraft for my Typhoon H. The camera works great .
The X-Star seems to almost go into VRS when it is landing then at a certain point it to slow down to complete it's landing operation. I would compare flying the X-Star to flying the Phantom 2 series. A good bird, but not as polished as the Phantom 3 series.

When you are referring to "IPS" I assume you are referring to the Starlink Positioning System. It is similar to DJI's VPS and uses a monocular camera (tracks the x- and y-axis location of the moving aircraft relative to the ground), and sonar sensors (measures the distance between the aircraft and the ground), to determine the distance from the ground once it is close enough. The system uses the barometric pressure readings to determine height and the SPS system will kick in between 10 feet & 12 inches AGL. The props will never 'stall' in flight unless you CSC it.

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 6.15.07 PM✨.png

The vortex ring state is what any rotor aircraft can get into if it's not moved forward backward left or right during the landing procedure. I have seen what the RS can do to an aircraft if we are not observant one of the reasons the internal positioning system helps out in landing is it slows the dissent to the point VRS does not come into fruition. Landing is one of the most dangerous times of any rotor craft. However the most that can happen is the distraction of your aircraft. I fly real rotor aircraft so I'm very much aware of this problem

Reactions: Rawdog

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d