Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What computer?

PoorMoney

Reaction score
I am debating about upgrading from my Sony Vaio laptop to something more newer. I can not play 4K on this thing at all unless I use a program. I am really looking for something that can edit the photos and videos I take.

I know people say that the desktops are better for this, but a laptop won't be enough? I've seen a 16gb ram and 32 gb ram laptop.

I am going to get an Evo 2 6K eventually so I don't know where to start? Will 16 GB RAM be enough? Or 32 GB RAM be the minimum?

Thanks

You can use a 16Gb laptop, but it will be resource intensive and you wont be able to use it for anything else. I recommend you get 32Gb.I use a 6 year old gaming laptop with 32Gb and get by. Scrapping along the way, but I manage ?

You can use a 16Gb laptop, but it will be resource intensive and you wont be able to use it for anything else. I recommend you get 32Gb.I use a 6 year old gaming laptop with 32Gb and get by. Scrapping along the way, but I manage ?

LOL.

You think it can manage 6k? I was debating about a desktop, but it can't be moveable like a laptop

LOL.

You think it can manage 6k? I was debating about a desktop, but it can't be moveable like a laptop
Keep in mind that today many of the video and media files are more dependent on the video RAM versus the OS RAM.
I would look at a video graphics card with 8GB of ram and 16 or 32GB of ram for the system ram.

I use an iMac Pro with a 16GB video card and 32GB of system ram. This is overkill for most hobbyists, but having a better graphics card (8GB) will go a long way toward solving your performance issues. This usually means having a separate video card than the regular onboard video hardware that comes with the computer. AMD and Nvidea are recommended brands.

Reactions: drrags
I know this is a work style laptop, but this wouldnt work?

This computer was built prior 2015. I would not recommend it.

That video card, the K2100 only has 2GB of ram. I would recommend 8GB if you can afford it, if not, get as close as you can.
I have a GTX 860M, which is 4Gb and I am able to edit and play 4K. Haven't tried 6K.

Saw this one

Check this out at Amazon.com
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming AN515 15.6-inch FHD(1920x1080) IPS Laptop PC, 8th Gen Intel i5-8300H (Up to 4.0GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth, Windows 10 Amazon.com: Acer Nitro 5 Gaming AN515 15.6-inch FHD(1920x1080) IPS Laptop PC, 8th Gen Intel i5-8300H (Up to 4.0GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth, Windows 10: Computers & Accessories

The other one I posted had a price drop of $597. Looks like I could upgrade the ram and graphic card. Any suggestions?

You're not going to be able to upgrade a graphics card on a laptop.

You're not going to be able to upgrade a graphics card on a laptop.
Crap. Well, i really dont want to buy a laptop that'll break the bank
??‍♂️

So none of these laptops would really be suitable?

I know theyll be better than my Vaio.

I've never edited 6 or 8K video so I'm not really too sure. I edit 4k with no problems on my laptop but 6 or 8 is a whole other animal. Not only the system helps. An efficient editing program also helps.

I've never edited 6 or 8K video so I'm not really too sure. I edit 4k with no problems on my laptop but 6 or 8 is a whole other animal. Not only the system helps. An efficient editing program also helps.

Well, I saw someone mentioned that 4K takes more to edit and that 6k/8k may not?

I can't see how but I'm no expert on video editing lol. That to me doesn't make sense.

I can't see how but I'm no expert on video editing lol. That to me doesn't make sense.
Well, yeah 8k will require more as well as 6k.

But from researching more into it....to edit those videos.....people will neee ALOT of storage ane ALOT of ram. Way more than 16gb/32gb memory and WAY more than 8gb graphic ram.

I may just get one of these gaming laptops I posted..I can at least edit 4k then versus not being able to do it fully on my ancient Sony.

Between the two I posted...which would be better or do i need to keep looking?

Thanks

Saw this one

Check this out at Amazon.com
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming AN515 15.6-inch FHD(1920x1080) IPS Laptop PC, 8th Gen Intel i5-8300H (Up to 4.0GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth, Windows 10 Amazon.com: Acer Nitro 5 Gaming AN515 15.6-inch FHD(1920x1080) IPS Laptop PC, 8th Gen Intel i5-8300H (Up to 4.0GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth, Windows 10: Computers & Accessories

The other one I posted had a price drop of $597. Looks like I could upgrade the ram and graphic card. Any suggestions?
I believe this one can process 4K without any problems.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials