Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hyperlapse never completes

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
I have never really done Hyperlapses with my Evo 2 Pro V1.
So spending the past x5 flights with a battery each trying to do 10s clips, some static some with a 2mph cruise mode applied.
I can hear the shutter doing something for approx x50 shots then it goes quiet.
Weird thing is the shutter count continues with no sound and the program completes to suggest a video is being processed.
The video never completes and when I get the drone back home, only x50 shots have been taken, the 16 minutes of my time and the battery used is totally useless at this point as the manual Hyperlapse does not work.
I kept getting annoyed when a couple of occasions the battery warning would kick in before the time lapse had finished and would totally interrupt the Hyperlapse.
So initially I thought this was my error due to low battery.
The more I do the more it seems it does not want to take more than x50 shots at any time regardless of how short or long I make the settings.
I am shooting 4k, Raw, aiming for 24fps, manual shutter, manual ISO, Manual WP.
I have noticed a bug on Android and iOS when I (in Hyperlapse mode) attempt to set the Auto focus to Manual focus, it does not set the function at the desired focal length, it resets each time. Sometimes in Android, no settings can be applied unless I have it all in Auto mode, then I can go back to manual but the focus settings will not allow it to be changed more than once, then it freezes.
The SD card I use is totally formatted before each flight and is a Sandisk Extreme PLUS 128gb V30 U3 A2 genuine card. I have three of them and the same thing happens to each card.
Any help would be appreciated please.

What were your hyperlapse settings, e.g. your interval (how often to capture), how long resulting video, verify that you have create video vs just capture photos?

Also when you run the hyperlapse, verify what you are seeing for the count of photos taken vs expected to be taken. Try setting resulting video to say 3 seconds or some number higher than the default, likewise, try changing the default photo capture interval.

Turn off Obstacle Avoidance and see. OA messes with panoramics. I reported this bug for V1 a long time ago and it's still not fixed.

What were your hyperlapse settings, e.g. your interval (how often to capture), how long resulting video, verify that you have create video vs just capture photos?

Also when you run the hyperlapse, verify what you are seeing for the count of photos taken vs expected to be taken. Try setting resulting video to say 3 seconds or some number higher than the default, likewise, try changing the default photo capture interval.
After re-install of my firmware on all my batteries and camera reset and so card and flash wipe, I went out to do a 100 shot Timelapse. Whilst it took all 100 shots it never completed the video, it just kept saying video processing, as can be seen in the attached file. I also could not abort or exit the process. I was able to fly the drone back to me and land it but it would not switch out of Hyper-lapse.
Only a shut down reset the drone settings.

52A0E758-D240-4943-AF91-77D9756FF466.png

B472B572-F703-4989-BCE5-80E3062E9D40.png

16844759-C4DD-401C-82C1-B11A58032336.png

After re-install of my firmware on all my batteries and camera reset and so card and flash wipe, I went out to do a 100 shot Timelapse. Whilst it took all 100 shots it never completed the video, it just kept saying video processing, as can be seen in the attached file. I also could not abort or exit the process. I was able to fly the drone back to me and land it but it would not switch out of Hyper-lapse.
Only a shut down reset the drone settings.

View attachment 14696

View attachment 14697

View attachment 14698
Ouch, hate to say it however time to call, email Autel service... Good luck

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty
UPS took 13 days to deliver the Drone to Germany. Autel Germany has had the drone since the 13th of September 2022. I waited a week to check in for an update. I emailed and was told that the team would need to look into my case and let me know what the outcome would be.
Not sure where this is going, but am now a little nervous that I might not see my beloved Evo 2 Pro back for a while.

Happy to announce my repair has been delegated free with Autel and is on its way back. Amazing and happy that my Evo is on its way back. Autels communication and action has been first rate so far.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Drone is due to arrive today so not had a chance to test it yet. Might get chance on Sunday.
Ok, Thanks for reply and hope all go's good on Sunday. I am just about to pull the trigger on the v2, so getting as much info as I can before making my mind up.. Always had Dji since 2013/14 but thinking of a change..

Update. I am still waiting for UPS to deliver my Evo back to me. UPS are a shower. I attached the necessary 3 customs invoices to the parcel and included them inside the package for the Autel to have for the return of the drone.
UPS held onto the parcel at Stanford Le Hope for 10 days claiming they needed these invoices before they shipped it to Germany.
The exact same thing happened on the return though I did not ship it it would appear either Autel Germany did not add the customs invoices to the parcel or UPS Stanford le ‘No’ Hope blatantly ignores the customs forms and makes everyone’s life difficult by requesting more.

Annoyingly UPS customer service dept already had a copy of the invoices I emailed to them directly as per their request.
Their customer service dept clearly failed to process this information as it sat at Stamford Le Hope for 12 days.

So in total UPS have had the parcel for over a month.

Hopefully I will be presently surprised if my drone makes it here intact and working.

Autel have been aware of the entire situ and have responded with placatory emails in sympathy and an offer of help.

It arrived. Have not opened the obviously damaged parcel yet.

CD8A5AFD-3C13-4153-8769-2806E83F5C20.jpeg

Needless to say. UPS will never be my carrier of choice.

Having now opened the box. The drone is missing it's gimble guard. 🤦‍♂️
Here is a section of the uncut box opening.

No response from Autel as yet though there is something coming via uPS from Germany. So maybe this is a response?
I also had a bit of luck with being gifted a gimbal guard temporarily and have purchased one as belt and braces. Have also purchased another UV filter as mine was scratched.
Still have not had time to test the hyperlapse as yet.
May get chance to test that today if I am lucky.

So. Four things I noticed from the Autel repair in Germany.

1/ The gimbal guard was missing.
2/ The propellers had been changed from the low noise to the standard and the standard ones were damaged.
3/ The UV filter was damaged and not replaced as part of the repair.
4/ The repair took about 2 months from sending to Germany receiving back, and then the replacement gimbal guard fitted.
A combination of UPS causing most of the delay issues, and a bit of Autel Germany repair issues, about 80/20%.

Whilst I never got a reply from Autel with regard to the gimbal guard complaint and UV filter and props, I did receive another gimbal guard in the post from Germany, but nothing else.

So I have now ordered more low noise props, I have three gimbal guards, and bought a shed load of spare parts, as I will now repair the drone myself and will only have myself to blame for the issues.

As for the time-lapse, my second one was done and completed fully.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58