Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What would you do?

Ostinato

Reaction score
I had the good fortune of buying an Evo 2 8k at a substantial discount. Then as luck would have it, I found an Evo 2 Pro at an even better discount. I can still return the 8k but if I keep it, I can use its battery as an extra and have a spare drone if (when) the need arises. If I do this I am out about $800 until I sell the 8k eventually to recoup some of the investment. I am guessing assuming the 8k is in good condition, I will eventually net out maybe $600, meaning I will eventually lose at least two hundred to have the option.

I am also a little concerned about the changing technology FAA's new rule may usher in. I know this is not a bad problem to have but I am wondering if I have forgotten something I should be considering.

return the 8k and get your money back so you can buy the 6k and make your best deals on batteries in the future (or today....in the classified section); you won't have any regrets.

if you are in the usa, you have nothing to worry about from the faa regarding flying your drone as a recreational flyer.

If you are out 800 bucks by keeping both them I say keep both. You get a extra camera (8K @ $579) Many extra parts you cannot buy from Autel if needed which to me would be priceless alone. I like fixing my own RC stuff and not waiting weeks for it to come back for a simple part replacement. Also you get a extra controller you might want to mod.

Agustine's argument approved. I would do the same especially for spare parts. Between the two, everything remains the same, except the camera which can adapt equally well on 6k or 8k.
Spare parts will not flow easily.

sure, I can agree with that as well. if you don't mind the money, a good deal is a good deal and especially for the 8k camera alone.

I did similar. Bought the 8K on a crazy 30% discount, and then a week later the discount dropped 35% off the E2P. My plan was to buy the Pro camera, but buying both gives you a battery (219) the Camera for the Pro (898). The 35% off brought the Pro to around $1160. That results in a free aircraft.

The 8K camera is no slouch. It's a great camera with a fast fixed lens of 1.8 which makes it great for many photo, video, and not too shabby in low light. I use them both all the time.

yeah I think we were caught off guard a bit by the unexpected and rather steep discounted price. :(

I did similar. Bought the 8K on a crazy 30% discount, and then a week later the discount dropped 35% off the E2P. My plan was to buy the Pro camera, but buying both gives you a battery (219) the Camera for the Pro (898). The 35% off brought the Pro to around $1160. That results in a free aircraft.

The 8K camera is no slouch. It's a great camera with a fast fixed lens of 1.8 which makes it great for many photo, video, and not too shabby in low light. I use them both all the time.
If you don't mind, could you tell us how, where or the circumstances you found yourself in, the get these incredible discounts? Did you bid on EBAY or something? How did you find such a deal? Teach us, please.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials