Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What computer?

lol that's the laptop I have. I also added another internal SSD to it.
I am going with the 2019 Helios 300, 32gb ram, 1660ti 6gb, i7-9750H, 1024gb SSD BOOT+ 1TB HDD for $1599 shipped. Sound ok or overpriced?

I figured going ahead and get the 32gb and the 1660ti for future use of 6K. Or am I going too overboard?

I think it's good. I dont like that they add the 1TB HDD. That's what mine had and I took it out and put an SSD in it. I'd rather have an SSD but you can easily change that. Same with the main M2 SSD. You can buy a larger one.

I think it's good. I dont like that they add the 1TB HDD. That's what mine had and I took it out and put an SSD in it. I'd rather have an SSD but you can easily change that. Same with the main M2 SSD. You can buy a larger one.
Couldnt I save files to that 1024gb boot ssd?

The 1TB is not an SSD. It's an HDD. It has moving parts and is slower but yes you can save it to there with no problems at all. I just prefered faster speeds with transferring stuff with an SSD so I took it out and put a 500GB SSD. Yes smaller but it fit my needs. I took the 1TB HDD and use it as a backup external drive now.

The 1TB is not an SSD. It's an HDD. It has moving parts and is slower but yes you can save it to there with no problems at all. I just prefered faster speeds with transferring stuff with an SSD so I took it out and put a 500GB SSD. Yes smaller but it fit my needs. I took the 1TB HDD and use it as a backup external drive now.
That one comes with a 1028gb SSD Boot PLUS 1TB HDD.

I may go with a 512gb SSD BOOT with the 1TB HDD. Saves me some money.

I decided against a Desktop...just couldnt decide whether to do it or not.

Oh sorry. Not sure it'll save you money in the long run with having to save all the videos since you'll have to probably upgrade to more storage or even get an external. But yeah. It looks pretty nice.
You will get more bang for the buck with a desktop.

Reactions: PoorMoney
The purpose of including a HDD is because even if it's slower, in case of a crash, you have a higher chance to recover your files, than a SSD. Itwon't make your laptop faster, since a SATA SSD will be limited by the SATA speed.

My laptop has 3 SSDs and 1 HDD. The SSDs have failed me over the years and I have lost my data, because once one of the disks fail, you can't access the data in them. I've had HDD fail me in the past and was able to recuperate the info by replacing the piece that reads the data. The sole purpose of having 2 drives and the secondary as HDD is so you keep your data safe in case of a crash.

My laptop has 3 SSDs and 1 HDD. The SSDs have failed me over the years and I have lost my data, because once one of the disks fail, you can't access the data in them. I've had HDD fail me in the past and was able to recuperate the info by replacing the piece that reads the data. The sole purpose of having 2 drives and the secondary as HDD is so you keep your data safe in case of a crash.
I can understand that but I make my backups weekly on my external and the extra internal SSD. My last laptop also had 3 SSDs and I always made a couple backups each week. Getting info off a moving parts HDD that has failed can be impossible but i've revived SSDs multiple times. Including USB sticks, micro sd cards etc... Not having the moving parts helps a lot especially if it has totally failed because then you need a clean room to get it back and that can cost tens of thousands if not more.

Reactions: Ansia
Hey Guys- in terms of being able to edit higher resolution footage, have you considered using Proxy film clips? I have a pretty beefy desktop with a 12gb video card, and I even use proxies a lot of the time so that I can do complex edits without having a lot of choppiness while playing things back in the edit suite real time.

Reactions: mdelrossi
I have this laptop and I need proxys to do the playback, if not it will skip frames from time to time. End results turn out fine though.

By the looks of it, your desktop seems more powerful. Having lots of cores helps processing. Make sure you are using them all.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d