Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

We need apps similar to Autopilot & Litchi for the X-Star line

elguapo

Reaction score
One thing that always come to my mind every time I fly my XSP is that I wish a developer would take the time to make autonomous flight apps for the X-Star line similar to what they did for the Phantom and Inspire, Autopilot & Litchi.

I am an advanced Autopilot user who uses the App for professional looking videos, some are really hard to take in manual mode. I am not so much into flying out of sight but more into complex missions. The built in extended function in Starlink are a good start but I would like to see something similar to AP / Litchi for more complex missions.

I am willing to sign up as a BETA test user and be their guinea pig.

I have talked to Autel about this, and to Litchi. Autel said they would look into it. Litchi said they have no plans.

Reactions: Mr $panky
I couldn't agree more....although the XSP is a very capable machine I still find myself going to my tried and true Phantom 3 "Standard"...no bones about it... the limitations of the P3S are minimal when coupled with the powerful Litchi App, wonder if DJI realizes what a great alliance Litchi provides.
So.... as it stands...when there is work to be done.....it's the P3S, and Litch makes it the tool of choice.

Reactions: Mr $panky
Well I talked to Freeskies, the maker of CoPilot, about an App for Autel's X-Star's drones, here is his response on the subject:

Freeskies.JPG

Basically Autel needs to provide SDK, which they do not have yet, for apps to be written.

I will talk to Autel so that they can consider this as an option.

I couldn't agree more....although the XSP is a very capable machine I still find myself going to my tried and true Phantom 3 "Standard"...no bones about it... the limitations of the P3S are minimal when coupled with the powerful Litchi App, wonder if DJI realizes what a great alliance Litchi provides.
So.... as it stands...when there is work to be done.....it's the P3S, and Litch makes it the tool of choice.

I concur.

I enjoy flying my X-StarP, I love the quality of pics and video it produces. However, when it comes to complex, professional looking videos I pre-plan my mission in AutoPilot and grab my P3P.

The basic extended functions in the Starlink App provide Orbit which I use when the mission only involves orbiting. Not so sure about the waypoint.
One feature I love about auto pilot is that pre plan my mission days before I go to the POI, coupled with path inspector that lets me run the mission, sitting at home or the office, I can see what the aircraft is going to do out in the field.

As you have indicated the X-Star drone line is a very capable machine, let's hope Autel realizes what a great alliance would be to have a software partner develop an app similar to AP/Litchi, both great apps. I hear people providing positive feedback about Litchi and how great the app really is. In fact one of the top comments is that is friendly user, easy to learn.
Only reason I use Autopilot is because that is what I bought and learned the advanced functions, maybe one day I will buy Litchi to give it a try.

I hope one day, in the near future, I am going to wake up and star setting up a mission in my X-Star P, Lol.

this is needed for sure, please keep us updated not the only thing lacking I luv my xstar but it falls short in few ways that should be implemented by Autel. there no white balance custom set for the camera? come on! seems like these are software issues that could be easily addressed?

Great customer support.....a wonderful flying machine....a capable camera....Autel has it going on! Now give me the ability to use it as a tool for my business and I may have found Drone Nirvana!

I agree with having more features but I think we loose track of what we bought sometimes.
I knew the functions of the XSP before I ordered it. I still bought one knowing it didn't have a few things that would have made it a better bird, I still bought it as it had 1 thing that was way more important to me and much better quality than the others.... Great quality video ! That alone was my decision to buy. But I do hope they add a few things along the way but in reality, I know that it costs them heaps of time and money to do this. I know eventually they will stop trying and concentrate on the next version for future sales. either way, I am a very happy chappy.
.... now if only they would fix the yaw...lol

I think not having third party apps hurts them. It truly was the only reason I didn't order. All good though. Like you said you have what you paid for.. a great video cam

I have one now... Litchi is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope.. should have said this... I now have an XSP and... Litchi is absolutely amazing and is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is my understanding Autel Robotics is working on the SDK. The goal was to have it over the summer but there were some delays.

There are many folks who are waiting on the Autel SDK and 3rd party apps...ive tried tackling the dji sdk in android studio, and its daunting...i imagine the Autel sdk will be similar. ive just discovered "drone blocks" (google it) for dji flight coding..its very intuitive, made for 8th graders to program P3's....this would be super for Autel as well....once the hallowed sdk is available....

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials