Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I need a few BAD X-star batteries to rebuild

DrDadio

Reaction score
I am looking for a few BAD x-star batteries to test a rebuild method. I was able to recover a battery by harvesting a good cell from another bad battery and then fake out the BMS eprom. Now I want to see if my hack for the BMS board will work using an off the shelf lipo, but I need a few more batteries to play with.

I am looking for a few BAD x-star batteries to test a rebuild method. I was able to recover a battery by harvesting a good cell from another bad battery and then fake out the BMS eprom. Now I want to see if my hack for the BMS board will work using an off the shelf lipo, but I need a few more batteries to play with.
Nope, unless you know how to reprogram the BMS you are out of luck. You need a battery fuel gage chip and software. Even with this I still need to write code. I probably am way ahead of everyone but the SMBUS connector might allow other batterys to communicate outside the original pack. But now we are getting into reprogramming the MB....

Nope, unless you know how to reprogram the BMS you are out of luck. You need a battery fuel gage chip and software. Even with this I still need to write code. I probably am way ahead of everyone but the SMBUS connector might allow other batterys to communicate outside the original pack. But now we are getting into reprogramming the MB....
Looking over the old threads....wondering if you had luck with the programming?

Looking over the old threads....wondering if you had luck with the programming?
Aside from just adding a newer battery to an old BMS, no. And no matter what, you are limited to about 16 mins flight regardless if you are lucky.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy