Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint survey overkill and tips

mjbok

Reaction score
I setup a waypoint mission (actually two missions to switch out batteries) to survey a friend's new property on a HUGE lot. I set it up to automatically take a pic at 5 second intervals. When all was said and done it was nearly 400 pictures. I did learn a few things that I thought might be helpful to others.

The default speed is slow. When paired with a 5 second interval it is overkill on pictures taken. I will switch default speed and change interval to 10

The pause button is your friend. It isn't the easiest to get a perfectly trained and centered shot. Pausing helps. Cross hairs help as well.

Waypoint programming will accept invalid data. However you can't run it with invalid data. Example: top height is supposed to be 400 feet. I put in 397. It would not run with that, but didn't tell me what the invalid data was.

I second the 5 second intervals being a LOT of photos. I think default is 11 mph.... way too many pictures.

How did you enter the coordinates? Is there a way to enter coordinates as numbers, such as N9.919230 E118.677051? That could be very useful for finding boundaries. I saved my mission, but can't find where it's stored. I assume it's on the phone. My Garmin makes a text file that I can edit.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t