Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint Feature - why the limit?

The part about the mission ends with signal loss is a real bummer. The software for flying autonomous flights is really,really inferior. If I would have know it was this bad I wouldn't have purchased the Evo. Because of my inexperience with drones I thought the Evo's software for autonomous flights would be at least as feature packed as my Bebop 2 but with a better camera on the Evo especially considering the price difference. I was wrong and I don't anticipate it will ever reach the level of the Bebop 2.
I very well may sell the Evo because of this.
I agree. Hopefully, Autel will see the way, and permit it through an Advanced mode. It will never be as good as Litchi on DJI, but it also doesn't suffer from the DJI contraints on the SDK used by 3rd party DJI app developers. You can currently create two waypoints up to 5 km apart. DJI SDK limits them to something like 500m, as I recall.

The iOS version of Explorer is missing several key necessary features. That may be one of them. Pick up a $119 8" Samsung Tab A Android tablet at CostCo, like I did yesterday, for a much happier EVO experience! When the value is acceptable in the height box, it will not be red when you save it. Try putting in 3000 feet to see the difference. Play around with the numbers to find out if it stays red for all values below 197 feet. Try 34 feet instead of 33 feet.
I do use an Android device. I'm not an IOS person at all. I will have to play around with it some more and see how it goes. Thanks!

Further experimentation has revealed that the 3 KM radius still exists as a blue Safety Zone circle, which is only displayed on the map AFTER you are in the are in the air, trying to fly your offline map created mission! Total length of the mission cannot exceed 5 KM. Every individual waypoint elevation must also be at least 33 feet, so you can never create a waypoint mission to fly from an elevated point to locations below you in elevation. Bummer! That's the best and safest place to fly from! Pretty useless for me. Still unclear if LCMC exists or not. Autel says it does, but users have reported the Waypoints are sent serially, one at a time, which would make that impossible.

Is there any further confirmation as to whether the waypoints are sent 1 at a time or sent in one batch? I just got my EVO last week so I'm still learning.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58