Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Link Disconnected

WildDoktor

Reaction score
Gee, wonder why... :-(

Was hot roddin' around my backyard last night and mis-judged my stopping distance. (I'd been flying my tiny whoop; guess I forgot how heavy this XSP is.) I ended up getting tangled up in a tree, 19' up. Fortunately, there was enough momentum that it didn't get tangled up in the branches. Unfortunately, there was enough momentum that it tumbled all the way down thru the tree and onto the ground.

As most have mentioned, this is a tough bird! One broken prop and these wires pulled out. I'm hoping the replacement cable I'm buying is the only thing wrong with the camera.

I did a hurry-up job trying to push all the pins back into the connectory, but we had company over and I didn't get all the pins pushed in all the way, so the XSP fires up but there's no video connection.

I'll do some more work on it tonight and see if I can get it fixed.

Lesson(s) learned!!

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Interesting! Thanks; this seems like a really good idea. I'll make it happen when I get home tonight.

Oh, was going to include a shot of the XSP, post-fall, pre-cleanup.

Attachments

• 20170413_194651.jpg
    20170413_194651.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Clemson Tiger drone?
I bought the drone from a guy with a screen name of "BIGDOG_7", so I just assumed it was his "paw print". But I just checked, and he is from SC, so very likely a Tiger print. Never would have thought of it if you'd not mentioned it! :)

I'm well familiar with that paw print. Alabama played them two years in a row for the national championship. I think there may be some other schools that have a paw print, but since it's on an orange drone, it looks like Clemson.

Got my Autel "repair kit" in the mail today, so I ran home at lunch to replace the ribbon cable...been really hoping it's just that and not a camera malfunction.

Replaced it and fired it up briefly in my living room to test, and BAM; I have video again!

Lessons learned, and I will be glad to be back up in the air again! Will be installing zip ties tonight when I get home.

Reactions: DroneDriver

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials