Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Lag and Jittery with my new EVO 2 Pro

Ram

Reaction score
Hi. While I fly my E2P, the FPV in my screen flows smooth, but when I check the SD card, the video jumps, jitter and loss frames... I'm using a Scandisk Extreme 64 Mb UHS-3 SD card. The card supports 30 Mbs (V30) but Autel recommends UHS-3. Any ideas?

UHS 3 is non existing, UHS 2 are cards with 16 pins and UHS 1 is what you need. Dont mix it up with the older standards.

A sandisc Extreme should do the job without problem. make sure you format the card in the drone itself and verify if your card is genuine, there is a lot of fake cards out at amazon etc.

If you play it from a PC browser check if your browsers hardware accelleration is on. That makes a huge difference.

UHS 3 is non existing, UHS 2 are cards with 16 pins and UHS 1 is what you need. Dont mix it up with the older standards.

A sandisc Extreme should do the job without problem. make sure you format the card in the drone itself and verify if your card is genuine, there is a lot of fake cards out at amazon etc.

If you play it from a PC browser check if your browsers hardware accelleration is on. That makes a huge difference.

I disagree. UHS 3 exists.

UHS Speed Class was introduced in 2009 by the SD Association and is designed for SDHC and SDXC memory cards. UHS utilizes a new data bus that will not work in non-UHS host devices. If you use a UHS memory card in a non-UHS host, it will default to the standard data bus and use the "Speed Class" rating instead of the "UHS Speed Class" rating. UHS memory cards have a full higher potential of recording real time broadcasts, capturing large-size HD videos and extremely high quality professional HD.

UHS Class
Minimum Speed
1​
10MB/s​
3​
30MB/s​

I'm wondering if the 100 Mbs of the video transfer of the E2P is too much for write a 30Mb/s of the card... By the way, I don't have this problem with the Mavic 2 Pro at 4K and the Mavic Mini at 2.7K.

You are right in this, the stndards did a catch up on me :(
I included a overview.

I'm wondering if the 100 Mbs of the video transfer of the E2P is too much for write a 30Mb/s of the card... By the way, I don't have this problem with the Mavic 2 Pro at 4K and the Mavic Mini at 2.7K
Easy to test? Try to capture some footage on the E2P internal memory and compare it ?

Attachments

• speed.png
    speed.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 5
You are right in this, the stndards did a catch up on me :(
I included a overview.

Easy to test? Try to capture some footage on the E2P internal memory and compare it ?

Actually, I will conduct a few tests using different video size...after storm ETA leave my area. I'm just worry that the problem isn't the card and something in the Drone transfer rate.

UHS Speed Class was introduced in 2009 by the SD Association and is designed for SDHC and SDXC memory cards. UHS utilizes a new data bus that will not work in non-UHS host devices. If you use a UHS memory card in a non-UHS host, it will default to the standard data bus and use the "Speed Class" rating instead of the "UHS Speed Class" rating. UHS memory cards have a full higher potential of recording real time broadcasts, capturing large-size HD videos and extremely high quality professional HD.

UHS Class
Minimum Speed
1​
10MB/s​
3​
30MB/s​

I'm wondering if the 100 Mbs of the video transfer of the E2P is too much for write a 30Mb/s of the card... By the way, I don't have this problem with the Mavic 2 Pro at 4K and the Mavic Mini at 2.7K.
Don't confuse Bytes and bits; MB/s and Mb/s (Mbs). 30 MB/s is 240 Mb/s. 8 bits per Byte. UHS-3 should be more than adequate for the 120 Mb/s output from the E2P.

Don't confuse Bytes and bits; MB/s and Mb/s (Mbs). 30 MB/s is 240 Mb/s. 8 bits per Byte. UHS-3 should be more than adequate for the 120 Mb/s output from the E2P.

Thanks for the comments and the info. Now, when I shoot at 1080 at any fps rate, the video comes perfect. I guess I need to buy a better SD than the Scandisk Extreme (U-3) I have. I will try that.

I use the sandisk extreme pro 128 gb. Runs smooth even in 6K. Make sure if u buy a scandisk to go 128GB or more as those cards are faster then variants below 128 gb, You can verify this on their webs.

Reactions: Ram
Quick fyi - both SanDisk and Samsung memory cards are greatly discounted today on Amazon. 256gb for $25ish and 128gb for around $15

Quick fyi - both SanDisk and Samsung memory cards are greatly discounted today on Amazon. 256gb for $25ish and 128gb for around $15
Beware the scam's personally i would never grab a SD from amazon. Too many fakes out there.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill