Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video delay

mjbok

Reaction score
There is a decent (probably less than a second, but it seems long) delay on the video that is displayed on my phone. Is this possibly because of the phone that I'm using? It's a few years old, but seems to run the app fine. I've been thinking about upgrading to a tablet, but I need to buy the nearly 100 dollar mount for it, but if the delay is just the way it is it wouldn't really be worth it for me.

If there's no lag without the phone connected then the problem must be the phone or the cable. Can you borrow another phone to test?

There is a decent (probably less than a second, but it seems long) delay on the video that is displayed on my phone. Is this possibly because of the phone that I'm using? It's a few years old, but seems to run the app fine. I've been thinking about upgrading to a tablet, but I need to buy the nearly 100 dollar mount for it, but if the delay is just the way it is it wouldn't really be worth it for me.
There are 3D printable extenders for the existing EVO mount. You can also buy them for about $10 each. Google it!

There are 3D printable extenders for the existing EVO mount. You can also buy them for about $10 each. Google it!

I have and they just don't look sturdy. They very well may be, but the screen mount holding together is the last thing I want to worry about.

I have and they just don't look sturdy. They very well may be, but the screen mount holding together is the last thing I want to worry about.
I have the Thor EVO Tab holder but prior to that I used a 3D printed extender. If you get some Velcro and .......oh never mind! lol

What phone and device are you using. What is the temperature when this happens.?

I use an older MotoG.. No appreciable lag at all. What version OS are you running, and is it iOS or Android?
If it is running but laggy... I'm going to say that yeah, it's the phone. Try it in Airplane mode to stop other apps from trying to use the data or wifi.

I use an older MotoG.. No appreciable lag at all. What version OS are you running, and is it iOS or Android?
If it is running but laggy... I'm going to say that yeah, it's the phone. Try it in Airplane mode to stop other apps from trying to use the data or wifi.

It is android and it is in airplane mode. I use dedicated devices for my drones, balancing quality for affordability. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a tablet mount so I am using an less robust Android phone.

It is android and it is in airplane mode. I use dedicated devices for my drones, balancing quality for affordability. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a tablet mount so I am using an less robust Android phone.

My MotoG isn't the greatest, but it's factory direct and no bloatware. I get ya on balancing affordability and quality.. That's my theme song. I tried my tablet... I liked the phones size better for myself, but there are cheap hacks... One is Velcro a block to the back that's the size of a phone... That's what I did. It worked... I just like the smaller package...

My MotoG isn't the greatest, but it's factory direct and no bloatware. I get ya on balancing affordability and quality.. That's my theme song. I tried my tablet... I liked the phones size better for myself, but there are cheap hacks... One is Velcro a block to the back that's the size of a phone... That's what I did. It worked... I just like the smaller package...

I did that as well. For me it was the weight distribution was off when using a tablet in that way. I've been told the Thor mount fixes this issue, but it just didn't work for me with the other configuration. I love using tablets just for the screen real estate. With my two DJI drones I actually moved from an iPad mini to a full sized one because it is just better for me.

How about a tablet mount on a monopod? Best of all worlds.. I'm only 43.. But I know my knees thank me when I take my monopod along... I just found out it was good for taking pictures too!

If I were you, I would get a moto G6 or a used S7. Both cost around $150 right now and will have more than enough power to handle the Explorer App.

How about a tablet mount on a monopod? Best of all worlds.. I'm only 43.. But I know my knees thank me when I take my monopod along... I just found out it was good for taking pictures too!

Maybe this makes me unique, but I move a lot when I am flying. Not a lot of distance, but 10 feet this way, 10 feet that way. Partially to get out of shots, partially for visual line of site when doing lower altitude stuff. For that reason I don't think a monopod would work for me. I'm 46 so I feel the pain.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen