Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Comparison Evo 2 Pro vs Phantom 4 Pro vs Inspire 2 X5s vs Mavic Air 2

kccumm

Reaction score
I am still learning photography, videography and such I have 4 drone comparison I want to do in low-light and mid-day settings with Evo 2 Pro , Inspire 2 X5S , Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Air 2. I was thinking of just doing auto and non D-log. This isn't going to be scientific but my question would you get anything out of the video comparison with this set up or is it a waste of time. If so what kind of set up do you recommend?

It's a waste of time, it's already been done to death on YouTube and in my eyes is a flawed comparison method.

Do photo captures as RAW files, all sunny or daylight WB and the same ISO's, so people can see unedited images, rather than edited by the bird (in the drone) comparisons, as that is what you are going to get if you use auto settings. The EVO is not tailored to the auto crowd at all, really, whereas the Phantom and Mavic are; therefore it is a biased comparison from the outset.

For video, capture in the according Log formats for each bird, with ND filters in place and according to the 180 shutter angle technique, with proper exposure achieved on all birds and using the same frame rate and capture standards.

Make all unedited captures and footage available for people to freely download and compare apples to apples. Many people are able to colour grade only using LUT's; for them colour grading may present too big a challenge to learn to do properly, so they will not see the benefit of certain Log format captures.

Present your edited footage of the RAW and Log captures, but explain honestly that it is your best efforts with that footage and that others may be able to achieve better. Presenting auto captures is not an ethical comparison, unless you label it as such and make mention of the facts that certain drones are aimed at that audience of users that need auto output and that other drones are not.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
I appreciate your response and now understand that is a lot for me to learn to actually do a proper camera comparison. I will take the information you have provided me, educate myself and then try to do a proper comparison, I knew it wasn't very good but I did not know how much I really needed to know. Again thanks for pointing me in a more scientific direction I will comeback when I can do the proper set up.

Reactions: Alex of Oz
I appreciate your response and now understand that is a lot for me to learn to actually do a proper camera comparison. I will take the information you have provided me, educate myself and then try to do a proper comparison, I knew it wasn't very good but I did not know how much I really needed to know. Again thanks for pointing me in a more scientific direction I will comeback when I can do the proper set up.
My apologies if I have put you off of doing a comparison video, my suggestions are not scientific, they are just to level the playing field, which requires full manual control of capture on all devices to at least have the capture parameters as close as possible for a fair comparison to be performed.

Keep at it.

My apologies if I have put you off of doing a comparison video, my suggestions are not scientific, they are just to level the playing field, which requires full manual control of capture on all devices to at least have the capture parameters as close as possible for a fair comparison to be performed.

Keep at it.
No problem at all I wanted input and I feel like you gave me some valuable input to think about. That is the only way any of us get better is to improve our knowledge and skill level and I believe you have pointed me in a better direction in both areas. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Alex of Oz

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo