Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Very Strange Behavior

NovicePilot

Reaction score
Miami Florida and Bogota Colombia, my two homes!
Hi Pilots! I am coming back from a well deserved vacations!! While traveling I had a very strange behavior while flying my EVO. The aircraft was about 40/50 feet away from me and about 20 feet high when I received a 15% critical battery left warning. I tried to land it BUT about 5 feet to touch down it abruptly went up about 20 feet and kept repeating same behavior...going down and then up. The machine did not response to the RC. The only way to ground it was carefully grabbing it from the belly with one hand and turning the RC off with the other hand. After I drank a couple of glasses of water to relax, I assessed the area: Private condominium street with few cars parked on the sides and a sewer cover just beneath the landing area. What could have happen? What could cause this behavior? * Your expertise is better than welcome. * I have no flying since that incident but just update the firmware and everything seems ok.

As to why it happened. I honestly do not know. Some people have experienced this and said that hitting the pause button calms the drone down.

Just wondering, did you took off with a battery with little juice in it?

As to why it happened. I honestly do not know. Some people have experienced this and said that hitting the pause button calms the drone down.
Don't forget to hold it for a few seconds and not just hit it.

Reactions: Ansia
So you are back in Miami? Did you take the drone on vacation with you and was it overseas or down south? If so did you re calibrate the compass? If not, you say landing pad just below manhole cover, did you take off on top of the manhole cover? If none of the above, never mind.

I think best practice is to never launch without a full charge.
I agree, Though I don't necessarily always do it and have never had an issue with the EVO, most times I've done it with the Inspire I pretty much suffer through the flight, the Inspire hates to start up with less than full batteries, totally freaks out., guess it gets cranky when it's hungry, can you blame it?

So you are back in Miami? Did you take the drone on vacation with you and was it overseas or down south? If so did you re calibrate the compass? If not, you say landing pad just below manhole cover, did you take off on top of the manhole cover? If none of the above, never mind.
I think that the issue was caused by poor battery power. Battery was not fully charged. Anyways, it was a freaky situation not being able to control the machine, and taking off, next time, battery must be 100% charged.

I think that the issue was caused by poor battery power. Battery was not fully charged. Anyways, it was a freaky situation not being able to control the machine, and taking off, next time, battery must be 100% charged.
Frankly I've only had problems with less than full charge with my Inspire, the EVO has never had a reaction due to 50% or even less of a charge. I've been having a problem with my roof and since I keep batteries at 50% or so for storage (been raining like crazy in Miami) I have been guilty of rushing to put the EVO in the air between showers to catch pooling water on my roof to see if I catch the issue. Never a problem, smooth flying, only gripe is the sensitivity of obstacle avoidance, just doesn't let me move freely, but being fairly tight quarters (already backed into a tree because I was trying to see pools on the roof) better safe than sorry (oh that's right, already am sorry, though no injuries to EVO, this bird is tough)

Thanks for the feedback. So far the machine is ok. What is Inspire? An accesory?

After I drank a couple of glasses of water to relax, I assessed the area: Private condominium street with few cars parked on the sides and a sewer cover just beneath the landing area. What could have happen? What could cause this behavior? * Your expertise is better than welcome. * I have no flying since that incident but just update the firmware and everything seems ok.
Drinking water is intended for hydration. For relaxation, I'd recommend drinking alcohol, assuming the flying was done for the day! ;)

• Wow
Reactions: NovicePilot

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58