Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Lite+ (but also Nano): strange behavior while in RTH

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
For AUTEL EVO Nano and Lite owners.
I noticed a strange behavior of these two models during the RTH.
I noticed that if during the RTH phase I move the sticks (left or right does not matter) the drone starts executing the command given, but when the sticks or the stick is released, the drone starts to slow down the RTH and above all try to restore your trajectory to the moment before touching the sticks.
Example. I am 200 meters away at a height of 50 meters and I start the RTH (the height of the RTH is set at 40 meters); the drone, as soon as I start RTH, begins to return back correctly: if I try to move the left lever (mode2) to lower the altitude, the drone begins to lower its altitude, always returning towards the starting point; this is correct: but the moment I release the left stick, the drone begins to slow down its run and rises in altitude to the height I had at the exact moment I started RTH (in the case of the example, a 50 meters).
This behavior, in my opinion, is not normal. The drone should maintain the new altitude that the pilot has set using the left stick (with autel EVO I and II, but also with the other drones, it works this way, i.e. it keeps the new height changed during RTH
I hope I was clear

My Lite+ does the same.

When I lower the altitude during RTH (flying at 110m and RTH height set at 50m), the drone descend but slows down as if it refuses to move ahead. And when I had to release the stick it then ascend to the previous flying height when RTH was hit (110m),

I would cancel the RTH and start a new RTH after some manual adjustment.

This can't be normal. they need to fix it.

Attachments

• RTH.jpg
    RTH.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: lukappaseidue
Yep both do the same for me too, the RTH logic keeps the desired Return Altitude parameter as a static value, hence its a software fix , hopefully it will get address in the next FW release.

Just updating all, the RTH has another bug, it will fail to return if drone encounters certain types of obstacles (a big tree, or a group of them). The software stack, does not have any solution to go around or above, and just cancels the RTH, lol.

I wouldn’t risk that ever. Not with the glitch factor of these things. I always set my RTH at over 200ft.

Reactions: gophcc

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller