Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crash 3

Jirka

Reaction score
I don't want to brag, but I guess I'm a world champion. I managed to crash 3 times with the Nano+. This time, however, I did not manage to find the drone, so there will be less evidence about the causes. On November 1, the autumn weather was beautiful, so I decided to make a long-planned, dreamy trip. It was the last chance. For the better part of a year, my two previous drones were at the manufacturer waiting for the claim to be assessed. The day before, I got the recently returned drone up and running, tried out the "Follow me" function (no big deal), checked everything and got it ready. I was surprised that I received the drone that I claimed in my 1st accident. Even with the original battery. I brought this to the attention of my supplier - no response. My 1st complaint turned out great, I received a new, complete package, so I felt strange, suspicious.
Most of the flight went well. I lost signal 2 times, RTH started, after signal recovery I interrupted RTH, climbed and continued as planned. I had already completed the entire planned route, I still wanted to see the drained pond, but I dropped too low (42m), got behind a wall of trees and lost the signal again. There were 1300m left to the finish in a flat terrain. Voltage 27%, 5.5 minutes of flight. But at that moment my monitor was "dead", definitively. It was hopeless so I canceled the flight and went to the place where I lost the connection. I expected to wade through the mud of a drained pond. I started the flight reconstruction on the spot and to my surprise I found that the drone started the RTH by itself and went in the right direction to the starting point. Unfortunately, he fell after about 100 m. According to the available data, I conclude that there was a power failure. From the frame of the last second of the recording, you can see the loss of GPS, the RC connection has not been restored, the horizon is probably already showing a falling phase. I visualized the entire flight, but especially its conclusion, in the AirData application. I have no doubt that the drone failed again. I am waiting for the manufacturer's statement and position. Of course, I would prefer to cancel the entire purchase. I admit that I was already nervous and even stressed during this flight. I can't imagine that I should go on like this.
(I don't know why the crash point is connected to the start point in the picture.)
Of course, the videorecording of the flight remained on flash drives. I was hoping that at least the last phase of the flight was saved in the log in the AutelSky application... but there is nothing there.

LastSec.jpg
Crash3.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: agrofactory

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials